Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, as of Feb 13 there is now version NAS4 of the 2.5 update. These seem to be coming pretty fast. Says much the same thing as prior release documents.

Just for interest's sake here are a few of the cautions for service departments included in the Topix bulletin:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Wow, as of Feb 13 there is now version NAS4 of the 2.5 update. These seem to be coming pretty fast. Says much the same thing as prior release documents.

Just for interest's sake here are a few of the cautions for service departments included in the Topix bulletin:

So is there any new things in this update? Confused on why they keep releasing updates if there is nothing new that comes with them?? :confused::confused::confused:

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is there any new things in this update? Confused on why they keep releasing updates if there is nothing new that comes with them?? :confused::confused::confused:
As far as I could tell from a quick read it looked like it covered same list of symptoms as previously but obviously under the hood they are changing something. I guess they keep finding fixes for the fixes. Strange they took so long to get original big bug fix out and but are now banging out a new revisions every few weeks.

Given a few people's experience if I was going in for update I'd print the warnings out and tape to ICTP screen when taking vehicle in.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I think VZX already specified that his feelings were , the NEW Updates were more along the lines of *Better Informing The Techs of How NOT To Screw Up the Install* ! I hope this is true ! These directions he just posted look pretty informative and intense ! :)

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
As far as I could tell from a quick read it looked like it covered same list of symptoms as previously but obviously under the hood they are changing something. I guess they keep finding fixes for the fixes. Strange they took so long to get original big bug fix out and but are now banging out a new revisions every few weeks.

Given a few people's experience if I was going in for update I'd print the warnings out and tape to ICTP screen when taking vehicle in.
Yup, they killed my ICTP module when updating, I actually secretly preferred this as I wanted a new module, figured it was better to get a brand new one rather than an update; kind of like iPhones; much rather a new one than an update. Im sure its just in my mind but I feel like them putting in a brand new ICTP module made the entire car better... like I said, probably just in my mind but everything sure seems much better.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yup, they killed my ICTP module when updating, I actually secretly preferred this as I wanted a new module, figured it was better to get a brand new one rather than an update; kind of like iPhones; much rather a new one than an update. Im sure its just in my mind but I feel like them putting in a brand new ICTP module made the entire car better... like I said, probably just in my mind but everything sure seems much better.
Which dealer was this?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Which dealer was this?
Im not sure I want to put them on blast as I have a very good relationship with them... but it was a dealer in the Philly suburbs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I suspect GRVR is correct - that the "new" 2.5 is more about not screwing up the system.

After running well for a few weeks on 2.0, we had a problem crop up on a trip to to Jman97's territory. Everything in the center console crapped out at once - the phone stopped charging, the USB drive wouldn't read, and the Sim card wouldn't work. I assumed some common fuse was blown, but apparently it was some fallout from 2.0. We had a day in Philly, so I made an appointment with (probably) the same dealer as Jman97. They were very nice, BTW -- gave us an appointment for the next morning, and provided a loaner. They put on 2.5 and the initial problems cleared up. That's the good news. The bad news is that our Navigation voice now comes and goes, as does the Sim card connection. We didn't make it out of the lot before noticing the new problems. The dealer contacted Jaguar again, but only got the suggestion that they close out the ticket and have a new one created when we got home.

In checking the forum, I've seen some others have had the same problem with 2.5 (at least the Nav/Voice part). We have discerned that by turning voice off, locking the car, and waiting at least 10 minutes to force a reboot, we can usually, temporarily, bring it back to life.

After returning home, we took it to the local dealer who, at first, thought that 2.5 needed to be reapplied. But, after four days and going back through Jaguar, they were only instructed to do the same patch procedure we had figured out for ourselves. No real fix. Allegedly, 3.0 fixes these bugs to the previous bug fixes, to the original bugs. Personally, I'm not confident that they KNOW what will be fixed in a release that isn't out yet -- let alone what new adventures it may introduce.

Reactions: Jman97

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suspect GRVR is correct - that the "new" 2.5 is more about not screwing up the system.

After running well for a few weeks on 2.0, we had a problem crop up on a trip to to Jman97's territory. Everything in the center console crapped out at once - the phone stopped charging, the USB drive wouldn't read, and the Sim card wouldn't work. I assumed some common fuse was blown, but apparently it was some fallout from 2.0. We had a day in Philly, so I made an appointment with (probably) the same dealer as Jman97. They were very nice, BTW -- gave us an appointment for the next morning, and provided a loaner. They put on 2.5 and the initial problems cleared up. That's the good news. The bad news is that our Navigation voice now comes and goes, as does the Sim card connection. We didn't make it out of the lot before noticing the new problems. The dealer contacted Jaguar again, but only got the suggestion that they close out the ticket and have a new one created when we got home.

In checking the forum, I've seen some others have had the same problem with 2.5 (at least the Nav/Voice part). We have discerned that by turning voice off, locking the car, and waiting at least 10 minutes to force a reboot, we can usually, temporarily, bring it back to life.

After returning home, we took it to the local dealer who, at first, thought that 2.5 needed to be reapplied. But, after four days and going back through Jaguar, they were only instructed to do the same patch procedure we had figured out for ourselves. No real fix. Allegedly, 3.0 fixes these bugs to the previous bug fixes, to the original bugs. Personally, I'm not confident that they KNOW what will be fixed in a release that isn't out yet -- let alone what new adventures it may introduce.
What I don't get is how different people have so many different results from 2.5. How can one vehicle be fine and another, like yours, have so many problems? It's the same hardware, etc., should be the same results for everyone. Doesn't seem like different use patterns, particularly with something as major as you've experienced. Very weird.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
390 Posts
What I don't get is how different people have so many different results from 2.5. How can one vehicle be fine and another, like yours, have so many problems? It's the same hardware, etc., should be the same results for everyone. Doesn't seem like different use patterns, particularly with something as major as you've experienced. Very weird.
It's somewhat akin to how computer patching can go awry among identically configured systems. Some experience grief after a patch; others are perfectly fine. And if you think we're wondering, one can only imagine what is going on behind the scenes at JLR corporate as they try to deal with a very angry global dealership network.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Love the language: make sure, must, extremely critical, result in failure...makes you not want to do it unless you really have to

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
This is the same thought process that I have ! It baffles my mind that some people are saying theirs works 100% , and some people still have a Laundry List of malfunctions ! Unfortunately , I really don't know where we fall in this spectrum of results , because we don't even use most of the Technology ! I am really beginning to think that the VAST ARRAY of RESULTS is boiling down to *How The Updates Were Installed* ! Some people said they had "Total System Crashes" , some people said their vehicle was "In The Shop For Days" , some people said it only took "so many hours" , some people report that AFTER they have an Update they have NEW issues that they never had before ! Once again , I am feeling strongly that *Improper Installations* may be the Root of many systems problems !
Just my opinion , of course !

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It's somewhat akin to how computer patching can go awry among identically configured systems. Some experience grief after a patch; others are perfectly fine. And if you think we're wondering, one can only imagine what is going on behind the scenes at JLR corporate as they try to deal with a very angry global dealership network.
I could only imagine how frustrated and annoyed their dealerships are, particularly on the Jaguar side. The dealers now have an influx of customers, particularly eyeing up the F-pace, and JLR cannot figure out how to get there brand new infotainment system to work consistently. I love my F-pace, and I wouldnt get rid of it for anything, but there are many out there who would get rid of it in an instant if they experienced only half of what some of the members on here have. Really hope, for Jaguars sake, that they get these bugs and patches and more bugs and more patches under control.

·
Registered
265 Posts
So now I have a question. I just got my F-Pace (used) and my local dealer says there are 4 service actions they want to take care of. One of these is the ICTP update from a few months ago. So far everything is working just fine, so do I go through with the update and hope it goes well or just hold off until things start to go south.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
#1 - If you "just got" your F-Pace , then the latest Update should have already been installed ???
#2 - I don't know what ICTP Update they would be referring to that came out "a few months ago" , because the Latest Update JUST came out ??? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Sorry , just noticed you stated (used) ! But if those Updates have not been done yet , then that could be a reason it was for sale ! Hopefully , YOUR Dealer can get it figured out , and you will be Happily On Your Way to Bliss , in an F-Pace ! ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
#1 - If you "just got" your F-Pace , then the latest Update should have already been installed ???
#2 - I don't know what ICTP Update they would be referring to that came out "a few months ago" , because the Latest Update JUST came out ??? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Sorry , just noticed you stated (used) ! But if those Updates have not been done yet , then that could be a reason it was for sale ! Hopefully , YOUR Dealer can get it figured out , and you will be Happily On Your Way to Bliss , in an F-Pace ! ;)
Yep mine had an original sale date of Sept and the previous owner only drove it 4K mi. It is absolutely perfect and the previous owner did not even activate the SIM card. When I got it the SIM card was still in the dealer manual :eek:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
So now I have a question. I just got my F-Pace (used) and my local dealer says there are 4 service actions they want to take care of. One of these is the ICTP update from a few months ago. So far everything is working just fine, so do I go through with the update and hope it goes well or just hold off until things start to go south.
Get the update, if it goes perfectly than you have a better working infotainment system... if they kill it you get a brand new one... really are no cons in this situation.

Reactions: VZX-CO and GRVR

·
Registered
265 Posts
Get the update, if it goes perfectly than you have a better working infotainment system... if they kill it you get a brand new one... really are no cons in this situation.
Good point. I will go ahead and keep the appointment. Let's see how it goes :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Personally, if everything is working perfectly, I'd sit tight until 3.0 comes out. It would save you a trip into the dealer and maybe avoid introducing some of these collateral issues.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Personally, if everything is working perfectly, I'd sit tight until 3.0 comes out. It would save you a trip into the dealer and maybe avoid introducing some of these collateral issues.
Good advice. Decide if it's a need or a want based on your currently affected functionality.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts