Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so damn excited and just wanted to share. I pick up my Desire Red SVR Friday morning and I cannot tell you how excited I am. I have been planning this financially since 2020 and am so ready! I am getting rid of a 2018 JLR Evoque Landmark edition and hope I can handle the power. Any tips, tricks, or things I should know about when I get into her?

Almost forgot, here she is.
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oil change every 5 thousand miles. Find a good independent that uses Castrol Edge for the off schedule LOF's.
Keep an eye on the coolant level, always. Coolant leaks happen and are not necessarily related to mileage. Mine got a new water pump at 20,000 miles.
Get in the habit of checking the oil level every week, at least. The process is kind of counter intuitive so you need to develop a routine to keep an eye on it.
You can't count on the car to tell you it's low.
That is true for any AJ126 or AJ133 owner.
If it comes with Pirelli Zero's, get rid of them. Car is much more enjoyable with some high performance shoes.
If the brakes squeak, (known issue with SVR's) put a set of Porterfield R4-S pads on all the way around.
No, your new car shouldn't have these problems but it's much easier to just solve the problems outside the factory allowed warranty system.
That is from your friends with F Type's.

Reactions: gpayne88

·
Registered
216 Posts
Always in dynamic mode with exhaust open . Take it easy for first 1000 miles , service is only 12 months or 16000 miles
You will get the odd gremlin pivi pro update to wireless CarPlay seems to have sorted these issues out ,
Creaking tailgate they can’t do anything with sos malfunction seems to be common ,
Ignore the little issues or it will spoil the experience,
They a great suv my second one
They sound soooo good and dam they’re quick

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Looks awesome. Unique color, I don't think I've seen that before on anything. Sweet interior. I've disconnected the conectors on the rear mufflers after going through the steps to open them up per the info on this forum. I would recommend that as it enhances the sound of the car quite a bit. You lose the ability to make it quiet but it ends up sounding better then when the software decides to open them. I've second the oil changes ever 5 to 8k miles. I"m doing it at 8k cut the jag recommendation in half. I did that with my last SVR and my 2017 S. I've also found with all three of my f-paces that if you keep up with cleaning the seals on the doors and sunroof with a rubber cleaner it pretty much quiets them down. They do get a little noisy when they get dirty.

Reactions: Blak Kat

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have not seen much oil use in the 4-5 thousand mile interval I'm running in either car, maybe a quart down by then.
I'm at 45,000 miles on the Pace 35t and 73,000 miles on the Type R.
Nothing like what Audi thinks is "normal" i.e. 1 quart for every 1,000 miles.
People who complain about JLR should really try one from the Four Ring Circus, BMW or MB.
My Jag repair bills are boring compared to some cars I've owned.

With the factory dip tube, it's actually pretty easy to change the oil yourself. No need to crawl under the car any more.

Reactions: mingtsai

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am so damn excited and just wanted to share. I pick up my Desire Red SVR Friday morning and I cannot tell you how excited I am. I have been planning this financially since 2020 and am so ready! I am getting rid of a 2018 JLR Evoque Landmark edition and hope I can handle the power. Any tips, tricks, or things I should know about when I get into her?

Almost forgot, here she is. View attachment 74449 View attachment 74450

Amazing just got mine as well , love it !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
It’s based on the desire to not need timing chain service or worse outside of the warranty period.

I asked my Castrol rep where in heck did the 16k interval come from.

“The interval is based on 60MPH at a constant speed for 16,000 miles. No stop and go, not start up, no dust”.

It’s also based on group 4 POA‘s which we are not generally available in the US.

No, I’m not an AMS Oil nut.

There’s absolutely no downside to doing an off schedule oil service twice to every “official” one.

Easy DIY project.

·
Registered
2020 F-Pace S Cesium Blue
29 Posts
It’s based on the desire to not need timing chain service or worse outside of the warranty period.

I asked my Castrol rep where in heck did the 16k interval come from.

“The interval is based on 60MPH at a constant speed for 16,000 miles. No stop and go, not start up, no dust”.

It’s also based on group 4 POA‘s which we are not generally available in the US.

No, I’m not an AMS Oil nut.

There’s absolutely no downside to doing an off schedule oil service twice to every “official” one.

Easy DIY project.
That doesn’t make any sense at all that’s what the change interval is based on. Understood that doing earlier would hurt.
Txs for information

1 - 18 of 18 Posts