Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Observations: Must say that I love being so much higher up, while driving, than I was in my Audis, both the A6s and TT. I did freak out the first time I drove into a parking garage, though, as I was sure I was going to hit the roof ;-) I am also surprised that I seem to float above a lot of SUV/CUVs that I thought I would be the same height or lower than, like the Q7 and a lot of the Mercedes that I see on the road.

The car gets some appreciative stares, and 2 people asked what kind of car it is at red lights. A mechanic who was filling up a vintage Ford asked me how I like it, and said had two friends who had F-Ps on order, one in Black and the other in BRG. He asked about mileage and I was embarrassed to say that I guessed, and said 35-40 MPG with my Diesel.

Question re. my tow hitch, having never owned one, I thought it might be fun to get a sleeper cell, then I could attach and drive the car around the National Parks and not worry about hotel rooms. Does anyone have a RV type attachment that they would recommend? Also, which bike rack do you prefer?

So, no far, no regrets. Just waiting on my Personalized Plates.

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
589 Posts
The Kuat NV 2.0 rack is a great hitch rack...
Yes. And I got the Kuat Sherpa which has similar design features but is limited to two bikes and is substantially lighter with more aluminum in the construction. Can recommend both highly.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yes. And I got the Kuat Sherpa which has similar design features but is limited to two bikes and is substantially lighter with more aluminum in the construction. Can recommend both highly.
Would you mind posting a pic of this on your FP? I am in the market, and the Black/Chrome Sherpa would go well with my Ebony FP, but am interested in the overall look of the FP with a bumper bike rack in general.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Would you mind posting a pic of this on your FP?
Sherpa 2.0 black with grey stripe. One photo also has the roof rack with a Wispbar bike rail.

Attachments

Reactions: DrivingMrAsher

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting those pics. What is the story with your license plate?

·
Registered
589 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts