Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on here back in December that I had ordered a 20d r sport. Unfortunately, my dealer called a couple weeks ago with news that jaguar had stopped production on 2017s and they didn't know when I would get my car. I told them to look to see if they could find a similar build and they found me a storm grey r sport with the tech package and roof rails. The car was 4K more than my order but they worked with me on the price so that my lease came out to the same amount (we had settled on a sale price when I ordered and had calculated the lease numbers based on that).

Anyways, picked up the car yesterday and am loving it!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Beautiful. At first I thought it was a hideous BRG

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Very nice. First time I've seen that interior color combo, I do like it! Congrats and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
159 Posts
thats thecollection miami , they have mclaren,porsche, alfa Romeo , Audi, jaguar and maseratti and Ferrari

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
*CONGRATULATIONS* mrm2083 !!! That is one *SEXY BEAST* !!! It truly is an AWESOME Color Combination Exterior & Interior , as well as the Wheels go GREAT with the Satin Chrome & Silver Accent Pieces !!! I am not usually a fan of the Light colored Headliner , but with the Jet/Oyster seats , the Oyster Headliner compliments the rest of the Interior like it was meant to be !!!
*ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS* !!! :) Now go out and ENJOY every minute in it !!! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! Drove the car around a lot yesterday and really loving it. I was a bit worried that the diesel would be extremely slow but you really feel the torque in every day driving.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I posted on here back in December that I had ordered a 20d r sport. Unfortunately, my dealer called a couple weeks ago with news that jaguar had stopped production on 2017s and they didn't know when I would get my car. I told them to look to see if they could find a similar build and they found me a storm grey r sport with the tech package and roof rails. The car was 4K more than my order but they worked with me on the price so that my lease came out to the same amount (we had settled on a sale price when I ordered and had calculated the lease numbers based on that).

Anyways, picked up the car yesterday and am loving it!
Wow, did you buy from a dealer in Dubai? That dealership looks magnificent; it looks like you parked your car at a luxury resort! Nice car as well, but awesome dealership!

Update: Im no longer sure this is the dealership haha, but wherever it is, very nice parking available!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I posted on here back in December that I had ordered a 20d r sport. Unfortunately, my dealer called a couple weeks ago with news that jaguar had stopped production on 2017s and they didn't know when I would get my car.
This doesn't make sense to me. If your order was placed, how does it not get completed? I also placed an order in December and was recently told that delivery is expected in April. Is is possible that my order could still be canceled and bumped to the next model year?

·
Registered
258 Posts
This doesn't make sense to me. If your order was placed, how does it not get completed? I also placed an order in December and was recently told that delivery is expected in April. Is is possible that my order could still be canceled and bumped to the next model year?
It all boils down to the amount of allocations a dealer has available. If your dealer had allocations available you will be fine. Some dealers ran out of the 2017 allocations that were available to them. They have to wait for their 2018 allocations.

The one benefit you have is that you will know what the 18 model line up will be. Right now many buyers are waiting to see if the 18 models will have a price increase, different options or other features that will sway their decision as to whether the 18 model will work better for them than the 17 model.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It all boils down to the amount of allocations a dealer has available. If your dealer had allocations available you will be fine. Some dealers ran out of the 2017 allocations that were available to them. They have to wait for their 2018 allocations.

The one benefit you have is that you will know what the 18 model line up will be. Right now many buyers are waiting to see if the 18 models will have a price increase, different options or other features that will sway their decision as to whether the 18 model will work better for them than the 17 model.
Thanks for the response. So the dealer accepts the order, but can't actually place it with JLR until the dealer has an allocation available.

This explains my situation for me. The dealer initially said it would be an 18 model with delivery in June/July. Then a few weeks later they said I would get a 17 after all with delivery in April. Thanks again!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think I am in a great position, with one ordered due in April, well after I expect to learn details about the 2018 differences...if any.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts