Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple more weeks, I expect to hear the following from the mid-Atlantic F-Pacers: "Trek, you were right. We didn't need winter tires. Had we followed your advice and purchased all-seasons to replace our 22" summer tires, we could've breezed through the winter, just like you, and taken our sweet time before replacing our all-seasons with our summers tires or simply kept them on all year round."

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
"Trek, you were right"
Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right ! Trek , you were Right !

Come On Trek , you know that's the ONLY part you want to hear !!! >:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
In a couple more weeks, I expect to hear the following from the mid-Atlantic F-Pacers: "Trek, you were right. We didn't need winter tires. Had we followed your advice and purchased all-seasons to replace our 22" summer tires, we could've breezed through the winter, just like you, and taken our sweet time before replacing our all-seasons with our summers tires or simply kept them on all year round."
Wrong........ Your not going to hear that from me :)
Although I do not have 22's, I plan on keeping my dedicated summer and winter tire setup.
My experience has been that All seasons are mediocre in both dry and wet(winter)conditions.
Why compromise!!!!!!!

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Well, still don't agree and in a couple of weeks I know I'll say the same thing. I had one of the best All Seasons on two of my cars, my M45 and my Q7. The Continental Extreme Contact DWS and while that tire was good, very good to be exact, it didn't grip cold winter asphalt like the Pirelli Scorpion Winters which are on my F-pace now. Keep in mind Winter tires aren't just for the snow, the rubber compound is also tuned to grip better in the cold on cold asphalt, where the Conti's are tuned to grip as good as possible across a wide range of air and asphalt temperatures, as we said in the last thread on this discussion. If you want to save money across the entire year and only buy one tire for your car, all season are great for that and the Conti EC DWS is probably one of the best out there for that. But if you want the best grip in the cold and the warm, the best alternative is go to with two different tires for summer and winter. It's definitely not economical though and I will say this, Trek you are right, that having two sets of tires for summer and winter is not economical, but that's about it. If you have the money and want the best traction two sets will provide that much better than one.

Nuff said n the topic, can wait to debate you on this in person at the meet. At that time I hope to have my new summer setup and my summer tires! :)

Maybe we can use the G-Meters in our F-Paces and do a skid pad test in the parking lot! LOL

And GR I think I kept that response under 1000 words.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey MTHM , Whoa Whoa Whoa !
We better sit you two *Cats* at OPPOSITE ENDS of the Table at the MEET & GREET !!! >:)

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hey MTHM , Whoa Whoa Whoa !
We better sit you two *Cats* at OPPOSITE ENDS of the Table at the MEET & GREET !!! >:)
Disagreeing is good. Just don't take it too seriously :)

Reactions: GRVR and PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
166 Posts
In two weeks I will definitely admit that I was wrong with my purchase of a brand new upgraded snow blower. However I do not regret the peace of mind knowing that my FP had the best available grip in the couple of snow incidents and many icy conditions that I experienced. I was even able to earn some parking spots on mounds of snow that other cars were unable/fearful of attempting. Maybe all seasons would have been just as good, but all I know is I never lost confidence and survived another winter.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F and MTHM
1 - 7 of 7 Posts