2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of February 6 there is a Topix item with the following description:

F-PACE (X761)
Models: 2017 Onwards
VINS: 045068 Onwards
Vehicles With: InControl Touch Pro

Situation:
The Bluetooth® phone system ring volume and speaker volume may not be equally balanced and cannot be adjusted to match.

Cause:
This may be caused by an InControl® Touch Pro™ module software issue.

Action:
Should a Customer express this concern, follow the Service Instruction below.

Note: This action will result in the navigation journey ETA share contacts being deleted from the system. Inform customers that any contacts previously stored in the navigation system (not phone contacts) will need to be re-entered upon completion.

Basically they run a reconfig on a module in ICTP

----------------------------------------
I'm not going to try to reproduce whole thing here but if it applies to your situation see your dealer. Also, I know no more than what is above.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I wonder if this is a solution to the "cardiac arrest phone ring" that most of us Android users experience. Thanks for posting. I'll inquire next time I'm at the dealer.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if this is a solution to the "cardiac arrest phone ring" that most of us Android users experience. Thanks for posting. I'll inquire next time I'm at the dealer.
In other threads posters have reported the Android ringer problem is fixed by the latest release of the ICTP 2.5 update (NAS3) but I'm wondering if this isn't what really fixed it and was done coincidentally or as part of the ICTP update. Anyway, there is a fix in place for "cardiac arrest phone ring."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I picked up my F-Pace S today, it is quite beauty, but soon after leaving the dealership my already linked up cell phone rang and the volume was too low to be detectible in the car, so I had to pick up the android phone itself to take the call. Not sure if turning the radio volume knob, once the phone call kicked in, would have worked to correct this or not?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes I picked up my F-Pace S today, it is quite beauty, but soon after leaving the dealership my already linked up cell phone rang and the volume was too low to be detectible in the car, so I had to pick up the android phone itself to take the call. Not sure if turning the radio volume knob, once the phone call kicked in, would have worked to correct this or not?
I had the 2.5 update last week and the ring volume can be controlled by the volume dial. While your phone is ringing adjust the volume with the dial to the level you want.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you have the 2.5 update you can adjust the ring volume with the volume dial.

·
Registered
933 Posts
That may be helpful after the phone has started to ring, but it doesn't prevent that initial blast if you're listening to music at a level of 10 or 15 or whatever. I really wish there was a separate setting for ringer volume. I would keep that very low all the time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That may be helpful after the phone has started to ring, but it doesn't prevent that initial blast if you're listening to music at a level of 10 or 15 or whatever. I really wish there was a separate setting for ringer volume. I would keep that very low all the time.
It is separate now. The volume for the radio is separate then the phone volume. I had my wife call me twice. The first time while the phone was ringing I turned the ringer volume up and down with the dial. After the call ended I turned the radio volume way up. She then called me back and the ring was at the lower level I set it at, not the higher radio volume.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you have the 2.5 update you can adjust the ring volume with the volume dial.
But this was not the main issue with the ringer. I was always able to adjust the ringer volume with the controls but the problem was on bluetooth, if you lowered the ringer, you could not hear the person on the other end during a call so you raise up the call volume. That in turn also raises up the ringer volume on the next call to the so called "cardiac arrest" volume. The first 2.5 update did not fix this but it was mentioned that there was a 3.0 update, to the 2.5 that corrected this. Can someone please clarify?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But this was not the main issue with the ringer. I was always able to adjust the ringer volume with the controls but the problem was on bluetooth, if you lowered the ringer, you could not hear the person on the other end during a call so you raise up the call volume. That in turn also raises up the ringer volume on the next call to the so called "cardiac arrest" volume. The first 2.5 update did not fix this but it was mentioned that there was a 3.0 update, to the 2.5 that corrected this. Can someone please clarify?
I believe it's probably the fix at the beginning of this thread that you want. There is also an NAS3 version of the ICTP 2.5 update, basically a third release of the 2.5. If you ask your service department to apply the latest ICTP AND do the fix at the start of this thread your problem should be solved.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had the latest ICTP update done last week. I had no trouble at all hearing my wife on the phone after I adjusted the ring volume. I can assure you I do everything I possibly can to not hear her but her voice came through loud and clear. I was actually quite surprised this issue was resolved.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the latest ICTP update done last week. I had no trouble at all hearing my wife on the phone after I adjusted the ring volume. I can assure you I do everything I possibly can to not hear her but her voice came through loud and clear. I was actually quite surprised this issue was resolved.
Thanks for the laugh StormGrey. I feel your pain :eek:. And VZX, that's what I thought but got confused as this thread has morphed a bit. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do you get the update?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts