Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY NOTE: This applies to ICTP owners. Though it sounds like a simple fix it seems to require taking a fair amount of the interior of vehicle apart to get at the equipment, dashboard, rear seats, pillars, rear area, etc.

-----------
FEB 6, 2017

CONDITION SUMMARY:
SITUATION:

The digital disc may not eject from the digital disc player or intermittently skips tracks, cycles quickly through tracks, and 'locks up.' On screen commands and eject CD may also fail to operate. An ignition cycle usually temporarily resolves the problem.

CAUSE:

This may be caused by a software conflict error. Update of the Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) software to latest level and replacement of the digital disc player link lead required.

ACTION:

Should a Customer express this concern, follow the Service Instruction below.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks for posting that bulletin. That's 100% the problem my car has. But, unfortunately, I have no interest in the dealer removing the entire interior to fix the CD player. I will live without the CD player for the duration of my lease. I listen to satellite radio most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
THANKS , for ruining my day VZX !!! This is the exact problem I used to discuss with you about ! But , I am like EagleJag , I don't know if I want to go to that EXTENT to fix the problem either ! And WE LOVE CD's ! :(
We have never had any of the "creaks" and "rattles" that people speak of , but doing something like this , would probably cause a few to pop up !!!
This is BAD NEWS ! But , THANKS for posting ! :(

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I think I have this and my F-pace was just delivered last week. But after a while of button pushing the CD disc did eject but the touch screen will not bring up the media, even the radio???? 93Km so far.

The car is something else but the first impressions with the ICTP are not so nice.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes I think I have this and my F-pace was just delivered last week. But after a while of button pushing the CD disc did eject but the touch screen will not bring up the media, even the radio???? 93Km so far.

The car is something else but the first impressions with the ICTP are not so nice.
Disappointing to hear that they are still delivering new vehicles with this issue unsorted. Assuming yours is a recent build. That's bad. Especially with their obvious knowledge and a fix/bulletin being available.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Disappointing to hear that they are still delivering new vehicles with this issue unsorted. Assuming yours is a recent build. That's bad. Especially with their obvious knowledge and a fix/bulletin being available.
Thanks to the way most people on here talk about NOT using or even knowing what a CD Player is anymore , and to what extent they were going to have to go to fix the problem , JAG probably just said "Oh' well , let's just not fix it on the already built models , and maybe the owners just won't notice" !!! ;)
I am saying this as a "funny" , but to me it's "not so funny" !!! :(

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I had the same symptoms and it was repaired last week, but they did it under bulletin JTB00514NNAS1. Replaced link lead and reconfigured ICTP. In the process, console panel surrounding the ICTP was damaged and replaced. Everything works now and no rattles. Yea!

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've had this repair done, also, under 514, like Skyking. No damage, squeaks or rattles.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I had the same symptoms and it was repaired last week, but they did it under bulletin JTB00514NNAS1. Replaced link lead and reconfigured ICTP. In the process, console panel surrounding the ICTP was damaged and replaced. Everything works now and no rattles. Yea!
I've had this repair done, also, under 514, like Skyking. No damage, squeaks or rattles.
THANKS , skyking & tvn300 !!!
Maybe things won't be so bad after all !!! I am definitely going to look into it !!! :)

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an observation, isn't it a little overboard to have an engineered, working fix released on Feb 6 and then on Feb 8 be griping "gosh, I can't believe Jaguar is still shipping vehicles with this problem" or "Jaguar obviously doesn't care." Come on people.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Just an observation, isn't it a little overboard to have an engineered, working fix released on Feb 6 and then on Feb 8 be griping "gosh, I can't believe Jaguar is still shipping vehicles with this problem" or "Jaguar obviously doesn't care." Come on people.
VZX , Did the "Jaguar obviously doesn't care" Quote come from a different Thread ??? I don't see it here !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts