XF (X260)
2016-2017
Y00001-Y37026
Castle Bromwich V6 S/C 3.0L Petrol

MARKETS:
NAS

CONDITION SUMMARY:
SITUATION:

A ticking noise may be heard in the passenger compartment while driving with the engine under load. The noise increases/decreases relative to engine speed.

CAUSE:

This may be caused by an incorrect specification engine-to-chassis ground strap creating a noise transfer path between the engine high pressure fuel system and the body into the passenger compartment.

ACTION:

Should a Customer express this concern, follow the Workshop Procedure below.

Note: procedure is to replace a bunch of parts.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thank you sir for keeping us informed, this one is out of my vin range - whew, dodged another one!

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Nice, I'll have to see if we hear anything; our VIN is in range.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Quick question, when mine goes in for its scheduled maintenance and if my VIN is included will they automatically perform these or do I have to request these to be done?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Quick question, when mine goes in for its scheduled maintenance and if my VIN is included will they automatically perform these or do I have to request these to be done?
The way I read it, if you don't say anything, it will not be done.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that's right, this isn't a "field action" where it's automatically checked. Customer has to complain about issue and dealer has to reproduce it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I think that's right, this isn't a "field action" where it's automatically checked. Customer has to complain about issue and dealer has to reproduce it.
I hate that they have to reproduce it. Mine is intermittent, usually on a cold start when it is idling. There is a very apparent clicking noise. I get why they have to but it is annoying when you see on the invoice "dealer could not reproduce"

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate that they have to reproduce it. Mine is intermittent, usually on a cold start when it is idling. There is a very apparent clicking noise. I get why they have to but it is annoying when you see on the invoice "dealer could not reproduce"
I've never seen that on a invoice :)

Record it? Just insist the dealer fix it anyways.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

·
Administrator
1,974 Posts
JLR again is not stupid, they are aware of numerous complaints that are not found on every FP or within a certain VIN range but put it out there more as an FYI to the dealer. So if you are not experiencing a particular issue they won't spend time looking for something that is not there.

Pictures, videos, sound bites etc may be the best you can do to show the dealer if your issue is intermittent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m having this same issue with my XE. Does anyone know where this original info came from? Trying to get a link so I have it when I take the car in next week. Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
I’m having this same issue with my XE. Does anyone know where this original info came from? Trying to get a link so I have it when I take the car in next week. Thanks
Not sure about original but it’s a felt tap fix you can do at your home if you’d like. It’s on the top left corner of glove box where the door meets with a plastic stopper that doesn’t do its job. Add felt tape to that area and it goes away. Not the most sophisticated fix but that’s what they will do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure about original but it’s a felt tap fix you can do at your home if you’d like. It’s on the top left corner of glove box where the door meets with a plastic stopper that doesn’t do its job. Add felt tape to that area and it goes away. Not the most sophisticated fix but that’s what they will do.
Thought I read it was a ground strap issue. It’s a ticking noise that changes with rpm ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just read the original post, this is different than the issue I brought up. Sorry, but check the glove box department as well so you can narrow the issue. Just apply pressure while it ticks and see if that stops it.

I’m personally not aware of the strap issue. Seems like the original post states it happens with change in RPM.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The original info post was from Jaguar's Topix system, your dealer will have this available, just give them the reference number and they can look it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The original info post was from Jaguar's Topix system, your dealer will have this available, just give them the reference number and they can look it up.

Thanks. Hope this fixes my problem. It matches my symptoms and my vin is in the range.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts