·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Seems like a wise move if they aren't moving enough cars and SUVs that are produced by those factories. Trim some cost, and get inventory down so they aren't paying for inventory not moving. It's only a band aid though. The real issue they are seeing though is one of quality vs the competition. They need to find a way to address that. I believe their cars have the styling and performance the market wants but we all know where they fall short on overall quality.

·
F Pace Expert
2,626 Posts
Disagree, the real issue is that after VW/Audi diesel emissions test cheating scandal and much more stringent euro diesel emissions standards JLR is poorly positioned with too much diesel product. That and steep drop in Chinese luxury car market in general (pre-coronavirus) plus BREXIT hit them hard.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
VZX, you disagree that they have some level of quality control issues? I agree with everything you said, as there are multiple factors and the diesel issue is a big one for them along with Brexit. But I think with them finishing last in the Quality Control Surveys over the last two years is seriously impacting buyers who might want their product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A new member here. I really like the vehicle and really wanted to get one (for the time being a used one) but as many members in the forum have expressed, reading the issues reported here makes me a bit hesitant. I test drove couple of 35ts and they took my breath away. Really great driving pleasure / appearance / "the "Jag" feel / overall, but it makes me sad that I cannot convince my brain so far.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Global Coronavirus worries, Global supply chain issues, and the Dow dropping 2K points in 2 days isn't going to help them either. One thing Coronavirus has exposed is that this is truly a global economy anymore. No industry is exempt. We are all interlaced.... If China gets the flu, the whole world is going to feel the symptoms one way or another...

·
Registered
429 Posts
A new member here. I really like the vehicle and really wanted to get one (for the time being a used one) but as many members in the forum have expressed, reading the issues reported here makes me a bit hesitant. I test drove couple of 35ts and they took my breath away. Really great driving pleasure / appearance / "the "Jag" feel / overall, but it makes me sad that I cannot convince my brain so far.
Along with my 35t, I'm on my third Genesis - consistently a top-rated vehicle. So I bracket the JD Powers and CR rankings. I'm active on the Genesis forums, and owner complaints read just as they do here.
These days, all cars are great! Drive what moves you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts