Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2017 F Pace S with all of 30,000 Kilometers. Since new in 2016 when the vehicle was licensed I have had continual issues with ICTP. I probably have had software updates about 1/2 dozen times. In the past I have requested a hardware replacement and JLR has refused, always insisting it is a software issue.
As of a few months ago I could not log onto the internet to do a search. Two days ago, I brought in my vehicle to Grand Touring in Toronto which is my dealership for the annual servicing and to fix the ICTP unit once again.
Much to my surprise without even asking, my service advisor advised yesterday that the update failed and they were ordering a whole new unit and that the vehicle would be ready by tomorrow.
Interesting that my basic warranty is set to run out in a few weeks. I did purchase an extended warranty a little while ago that would cover this repair but with a $500 deductible because of the very low mileage and the fact I really like this vehicle and can't think of anything else at present to purchase.
The ICTP is the only major issue I have had with the vehicle otherwise it has been basically problem free.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Hopefully this will fully solve your problem.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wonder if they fried your unit doing the last update and that's why you're getting a whole new system. There was a fair amount of that going on in the early days.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually what they replaced was the telematics unit, not the whole ICTP unit. The software still failed and my dealership in now waiting for further direction from Jaguar Tech Support. In discussions with my Service Advisor today, likely next step is to replace the ICTP unit. Something I have been requesting since the continual glitches since new. The Service Advisor has admitted, as reported on this forum that early production models like mine have had problems with the ICTP unit. I asked for my vehicle back until they come up with a fix i.e. approve a ICTP unit replacement but I was told that the vehicle in the back s disassembled and not drive able.
Since Coronavirus, the dealership has no courtesy vehicle program and I have had to rent a vehicle this past week at my cost. That is in addition to what I am paying them about $900 Canadian for the 4 year annual servicing which is essentially an oil and filter change. My Service Advisor told me, it was a minor servicing and then with a straight face gave me the cost. I suppose that the $900 cost is low to the dealer since they also are the authorized dealer in Toronto for Bentley, Rolls Royce, Fisker, Aston Martin, Bugatti and Lamborghini.
Today, since I wanted my vehicle back and they could not return it to me, I demanded that on a go forward basis the rental car cost should be paid for by Jaguar or the dealership. They agreed to pickup the rental cost, on a go forward basis. Next week on Wednesday is a national holiday in Canada. By the time they get around to hopefully, approving the replacement of the ICTP unit on Monday and it being shipped, I doubt I will get my vehicle back until the end of next week. Two weeks in the shop is not what I would call great servicing.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The latest is a battery for the telematics unit has been ordered and should but likely given the history arrive today. Makes no sense why would they not have tested the battery with the original telematics unit rather than ordering a new one when it was not the problem and wasting three days and the weekend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts