158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm just wondering how many people need unlimited data in their vehicle? It seems most people who use a lot of data would already have it on their phones so why would you need it in your vehicle?
To allow children/passengers to connect tablets on the road would be my guess. This assumes that there's a lot of car time for the family.

·
Registered
536 Posts
To allow children/passengers to connect tablets on the road would be my guess. This assumes that there's a lot of car time for the family.
Yes, I guess. It just seems it would be a small number. I just create a hotspot on my phone and my kids connect to it but I only have two kids so maybe for a larger family it would make sense.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm just wondering how many people need unlimited data in their vehicle? It seems most people who use a lot of data would already have it on their phones so why would you need it in your vehicle?
This might be great news for me lol. My kids and I drive 45 min each way to daycare/work...that's a lot of streaming video going on in my back seat.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I see they have a prepaid annual plan for 20GB for 150.00 yearly... Could be the best deal right there unless you are streaming video's etc.....and I bet those prices will drop. Data is becoming cheaper and cheaper....

·
Registered
41 Posts
This just surfaced on cnet:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jaguar-land-rover-offers-unlimited-in-car-internet-for-20-per-month/

Alas, we early adopters with 3G are not included.
We are not included in the 4G but we sure do get the unlimited for $20 on 3G as 2017 owners. I just checked my account and I now have that option. Unlimited for $20 per month.

The 4GB and 10GB options make no sense now.

Current options available:
Available to all vehicle owners
20GB*

for 12months
$150

1GB*

for 30days
$10

4GB*

for 30days
$20

10GB*

for 30days
$40

Unlimited Connected Car*

for 30days
$20

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are not included in the 4G but we sure do get the unlimited for $20 on 3G as 2017 owners. I just checked my account and I now have that option. Unlimited for $20 per month.

20GB*

for 12months
$150

1GB*

for 30days
$10

4GB*

for 30days
$20

10GB*

for 30days
$40

Unlimited Connected Car*

for 30days
$20
The "alas" part of my post refers to the lack of a 4G upgrade for '17s.

Reactions: Flyby40

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts

20GB*

for 12months
$150

1GB*

for 30days
$10

4GB*

for 30days
$20

10GB*

for 30days
$40

Unlimited Connected Car*

for 30days
$20

Good catch, I never would have seen that. Though I'm not using anywhere near enough data to justify going to unlimited nice to know it's there as an option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts