Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is clearly the most ridiculous time to ask about Route Planner - nobody is planning any routes. Still, the reason I ask …. the app has disappeared from my look-up of the PlayStore on my Android phone. The version I have installed still works fine. Now we have very old phones and it's not unusual for apps to disappear when they are updated and no longer support out of date android OSs.

I also realize that I am one of the very few supporters of the native ICTP on this forum with the lingering hope/trust that improvements to ICTP functionality may still happen (Android Auto is far too buggy and unreliable). So I ask myself:-
  1. might the "disappearance" from my PlayStore mean ICTP software is still being improved?
  2. if so, could some of the desired ICTP features outlined elsewhere in this forum be in the works?
all this in the face of reality that other than bug fixes, virtually nothing has changed with ICTP in almost 18 months (OTA is still a myth for practical purposes).

So, has anyone seen an update of Route Planner? Or any other such "change"?

Thanks.

P.S. I am well aware that Carplay meets the needs of many forum members.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Not an Android user, but just checked and I see Jaguar Route Planner, Current Version 1.3.85 Updated April 30, 2020.
Maybe it just got posted.
BTW, although I use the CarPlay Nav apps frequently, the JLR native system integration with ICTP, HUD and driver displays, is the best of them all.
The actual underlying NAV system (HERE) isn't great though.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not an Android user, but just checked and I see Jaguar Route Planner, Current Version 1.3.85 Updated April 30, 2020.
Maybe it just got posted.
BTW, although I use the CarPlay Nav apps frequently, the JLR native system integration with ICTP, HUD and driver displays, is the best of them all.
The actual underlying NAV system (HERE) isn't great though.
Appreciate your prompt reply. I'll keep checking.
Yes, we share the same positive sentiments about the native JLR system. Pity there have not been any real functional updates since 2018 . But, never give up!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a new android phone and the route planner has begun working a little. It had never found anything till recently. It still cant find things like the super market near my house or a mcdonalds, but it does show some stuff now. That is a recent change.

·
Registered
F-Pace 3.0 V6 Supercharger
12 Posts
Jaguar Route Planner 1.3.85 failed to update the location of my F-Pace ..... but the Jaguar Remote App knows where it is. I updated to Jaguar Route Planner Version 1.3.85 and it continued to fail. I then removed it from my Android 9 phone and reinstalled it and logged back in typing my details in again, not using the 'stored' info. It seems to be working today and has synced the details between car and phone.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
1 Posts
When they added the new Remote app, they made a change here too it seems. I see that Route Planner is still available in the play store (1.3.85), but they put compatibility constraints on it to be up to Android 6.0. That makes sense as it never worked on my Android 10 Google Pixel phone (I do use it on my chromebook for trip planning). The result is that for newer devices, it is not visible in the play store.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The route planer shows the same way for me. It doesnt show as available for my current phones, but I can install it on the one that I use to play music in the bathroom.

·
F Pace Expert
2,524 Posts
Jaguar Route Planner 1.3.85 failed to update the location of my F-Pace ..... but the Jaguar Remote App knows where it is. I updated to Jaguar Route Planner Version 1.3.85 and it continued to fail. I then removed it from my Android 9 phone and reinstalled it and logged back in typing my details in again, not using the 'stored' info. It seems to be working today and has synced the details between car and phone.
I had this issue a couple of years ago was driving me bonkers. Remote would show exactly where vehicle was yet route planner would think the car was 200 miles way. Not sure I ever solved it and maybe it solved itself on a transition between phones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had this issue a couple of years ago was driving me bonkers. Remote would show exactly where vehicle was yet route planner would think the car was 200 miles way. Not sure I ever solved it and maybe it solved itself on a transition between phones.
UPDATE .... App is back to the failure state, showing that the car is 'home' when the car is somewhere else. The wife took the car shopping but the App did not update. Not great .... use the 'Remote' App as that is always reporting the correct location.
My wife has an F-Type S and I fitted my own tracker (FMT100) added a SIM data card and downloaded the 'Ruhavik' App, configured the tracker unit and it is fantastic.

·
Registered
163 Posts
UPDATE .... App is back to the failure state, showing that the car is 'home' when the car is somewhere else. The wife took the car shopping but the App did not update. Not great .... use the 'Remote' App as that is always reporting the correct location.
My wife has an F-Type S and I fitted my own tracker (FMT100) added a SIM data card and downloaded the 'Ruhavik' App, configured the tracker unit and it is fantastic.
I had the same problem during the earlier version of ICTP but it has improved with software updates. Please check if you are signed into your Live account, usually that is the culprit. If you already are, then try deleting live and turn off car and lock it. Wait for for few hours and then reinstall live and then sign into your account. Hopefully this works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem during the earlier version of ICTP but it has improved with software updates. Please check if you are signed into your Live account, usually that is the culprit. If you already are, then try deleting live and turn off car and lock it. Wait for for few hours and then reinstall live and then sign into your account. Hopefully this works.
Thanks, the 'Remote' App knows exactly where the car is so it is the Route Planner that does not know the location, so car location GPS is working. I'm still awaiting a competent Jaguar Dealer to install the updated ICTP software so I can get the WiFi (SOTA) updates. My version must be a very early version as it does not have the option for WiFi updates available. I'm wondering if I use the Breakdown or SOS call feature will they know where the car is? What software does the call centre use? I also hope the stolen car tracking feature works if ever needed too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks, the 'Remote' App knows exactly where the car is so it is the Route Planner that does not know the location, so car location GPS is working. I'm still awaiting a competent Jaguar Dealer to install the updated ICTP software so I can get the WiFi (SOTA) updates. My version must be a very early version as it does not have the option for WiFi updates available. I'm wondering if I use the Breakdown or SOS call feature will they know where the car is? What software does the call centre use? I also hope the stolen car tracking feature works if ever needed too.
I had tried all the steps you had described like calling JLR ans pressing SOS nothing helped . Go get your software updated and possibility it will improve. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had tried all the steps you had described like calling JLR ans pressing SOS nothing helped . Go get your software updated and possibility it will improve. Good luck.
Just need dealers to reopen, deal with any priority customers such as Care workers, NHS staff first and then me .... ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
UPDATE 23 May 2020 ... Version 1.3.95 has just become available in the UK for Android 9 on Google Play. Seems quicker, loaded first time and found the car that is parked outside my house. Further testing over the weekend. Thanks for updating the App and making changes. 😁

1 - 14 of 14 Posts