Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had to use the roadside assistance for the first time. As many of you know, I have had many service issues with my F Pace (as many of you had) but the dealer and service have been excellent. On my way home, my tire pressure light came on and the tire was basically flat in a matter of seconds. Coming from an Audi which has some of the worst roadside assistance on the planet, I feared the worst. Well, I was pleasantly surprised.
I contacted them through the number on the app, and was greeted warmly by a nice lady who explained exactly how long it would take and how I would be contacted. Well, I received the text as I was told, but was also contacted by the technician who gave me an exact eta. I was then contacted by the original woman to make sure I had been contacted. It took about an hour or so to arrive and all went perfectly well. After he left, I was contacted again by the service company to make sure everything met my expectations. Very professional and I could not be happier. Mercedes is also exceptional but I did not expect this of Jaguar. Now, take a look at what I ran over. I tried to pull it out but it would not come free. I have no idea how I ran over that or even what it is.

Attachments

Reactions: NVA_FPACE and kris

·
Registered
90 Posts
Happy to hear that JLR has their act together here.
And happy to hear that they got you sorted out. That was a pretty impressive bolt you "discovered"!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Homer would say *DOH BART* !!! >:)
That looks like a SPIKE that you would hammer in the ground to hold down a tent or a sign !!!
Just a Wild Guess !!! CONGRATULATIONS on the Great Service !!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
WOW. That is a roofing sheet fixing and you wonder how that could enter a fast spinning wheel.
Hope that you took tyre insurance as that rubber looks unrepairable and scrap.
Jaguar roadside assistance has a very good reputation here in the UK.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW. That is a roofing sheet fixing and you wonder how that could enter a fast spinning wheel.
Hope that you took tyre insurance as that rubber looks unrepairable and scrap.
Jaguar roadside assistance has a very good reputation here in the UK.
Thanks for clarifying that. I had no idea what that was or how it possibly got in my tire. My guess is it fell off some construction vehicle. Yes, I do have tire and wheel insurance. Unfortunately, in the big city I have curbed a rim or two :eek:

·
Registered
226 Posts
1.Will the road assistance button (near interior mirror, next to SOS button ) do the same thing? Connecting you to a nice lady?
2.How much they charge for that service?
3.or should I just put my spare tire on myself, then head to a dealer for service?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I used Jaguar roadside assistance only once when all four of my brand new tires were slashed. They sent a flatbed promptly. No sweat. Comprehensive covered the cost of replacing my tires. I paid nothing. Good service.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I used Jaguar roadside assistance only once when all four of my brand new tires were slashed.
Seriously? What is wrong with people?!? Years ago I had someone slash the two left tires on my Corvette. What a pain...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Used them once. Great experience but when they came to pickup my car at work, the tow truck driver didn't realize Jaguar made SUVs and started loading my coworkers XF onto the truck, setting off the alarm. It was entertaining.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I used Jaguar roadside assistance only once when all four of my brand new tires were slashed. They sent a flatbed promptly. No sweat. Comprehensive covered the cost of replacing my tires. I paid nothing. Good service.
Wow Trek !!! I guess with that and the keying some people really were jealous.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Three days before being scheduled to take my car to the body shop after getting rear-ended at a red light, I got a flat tire. Fortunately, I was in the parking lot of my gym when I discovered it. I called roadside assistance, and the guy arrived 45 minutes later. Nice guy. He shook his head when he saw the accident damage and "expressed his condolences." He did a great job and was extra careful to not damage anything during the tire change. So A+ in my book for the service.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Three days before being scheduled to take my car to the body shop after getting rear-ended at a red light, I got a flat tire. Fortunately, I was in the parking lot of my gym when I discovered it. I called roadside assistance, and the guy arrived 45 minutes later. Nice guy. He shook his head when he saw the accident damage and "expressed his condolences." He did a great job and was extra careful to not damage anything during the tire change. So A+ in my book for the service.
EDIT: deleted. Got my answer in your other thread re your back injury. Hope recovery is going well.

·
Registered
933 Posts
EDIT: deleted. Got my answer in your other thread re your back injury. Hope recovery is going well.
Thanks, Hoopics. Recovery is so so and slow. Dealing with sciatica, which is not fun, but fortunately, i can remain active. Also, I try to put things into perspective. Things could have been MUCH worse, had it been a frontal collision.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This thread resurrection jinxed me..... Drove the 20d about 1.5 miles from the house this morning. Heard a somewhat loud clunk, followed by a “Restricted Performance” warning, followed by me barely making it off the main road to a side street. Used the yellow button for road side assistance. First time for any vehicle I’ve ever owned where I needed to call for help. Took the youngster driving the rollback about an hour to get there, followed by me calling the dealership to find the transmission by-pass (Selector was stuck in “P” after no-start. There’s a little black tab w/ a yellow “book” emblem on it, under the engine cover on the left side, in case anyone is wondering where the bypass may be). Probably won’t find out until Monday what went amuck. Good folks at the Dealership put me in a Range Rover Sport SE in the meanwhile. I’ll drive the 35T if the sun ever comes out. What a drag. Just clicked over 42k miles this week.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
. Took the youngster driving the rollback about an hour to get there, followed by me calling the dealership to find the transmission by-pass (Selector was stuck in “P” after no-start. There’s a little black tab w/ a yellow “book” emblem on it, under the engine cover on the left side, in case anyone is wondering where the bypass may be).
Sorry about your troubles :(
I'll bring this link (originally provided by DPinTX) back as you should have already read it then printed it out and had it in your vehicle
http://www.pedini.com/clientuploads/FPACE/Jaguar, F-Pace QRG.pdf

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the link, CL (& DPTx)! Can’t believe that stuff is not in the original manual.

Reactions: DPinTX and Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Thanks for the link, CL (& DPTx)! Can’t believe that stuff is not in the original manual.
You're most welcome!!
That was our thought as well which is why I keep bringing it back for those who haven't seen it and for our new members.
It is definitely must read or at least save to phone and/or print out and keep in car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts