Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
My experience with the previous version of the remote app was marginal at best.
The 2.0 version has been much more reliable for me.
After my initial success with the newly installed version, it began to have intermittent success at reconnecting in my garage after shutdown (like the old one).
After some troubleshooting, I changed one setting which seems to have helped.
I changed the location services setting for the app to “always” from “while using“.
I believe the old version didn’t have or allow the “always” setting.
So far it’s working well for me again.
I generally have my location settings to only run “while using” an app for security reasons, but in this case if it helps I’ll make an exception.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,317 Posts
My experience with the previous version of the remote app was marginal at best.
The 2.0 version has been much more reliable for me.
After my initial success with the newly installed version, it began to have intermittent success at reconnecting in my garage after shutdown (like the old one).
After some troubleshooting, I changed one setting which seems to have helped.
I changed the location services setting for the app to “always” from “while using“.
I believe the old version didn’t have or allow the “always” setting.
So far it’s working well for me again.
I generally have my location settings to only run “while using” an app for security reasons, but in this case if it helps I’ll make an exception.
Do you have an Apple Watch and if so is the 2.0 app showing up, on it ? I hears That this new version doesn’t have an Apple Watch plug in and to keep that feature you need to keep the old ver on the iPhone

Thansk
DP

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Do you have an Apple Watch and if so is the 2.0 app showing up, on it ? I hears That this new version doesn’t have an Apple Watch plug in and to keep that feature you need to keep the old ver on the iPhone

Thansk
DP
No Apple Watch so no info on that.
I did leave the old version on the phone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is it just me, or is it impossible to get past the terms and conditions page when signing up for the app? Does anyone know how to get the box to check? I check the box then it tells me to read the document, so i scroll to the bottom of the document and nothing happens. What should I do?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,317 Posts
No Apple Watch app yet, still just the old version which works ok.
OK,
I‘m happy I kept the old on my phone buried in a folder.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it just me, or is it impossible to get past the terms and conditions page when signing up for the app? Does anyone know how to get the box to check? I check the box then it tells me to read the document, so i scroll to the bottom of the document and nothing happens. What should I do?
I thought I had to put in new information and had that issue. You can always download the other app and input your login information then just login from the new app using the same information. Kind of a long way around it, but it should work. You may be able to just create an account from Jaguars website.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Having the same problem.

Figure someone will figure it out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I noticed that the new app correctly shows the subscriptions for InControl Protect and Remote Premium for a full 5 years. (Those of us who were early deliveries had cars that showed 4 years vs 5 because of the late decision by JLR to extend the warranty.) It also shows what seems like a new item for "Pro Services" for Connected Navigation Service, Live, and in-car WIFI "through the SIM card." The subscription for that service is 10 years. How will that work when AT&T sunsets 3G, since we have the older telematics units without LTE.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts