Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A new version of the Jaguar In Control Remote App is now posted in the App Store.
It is not an update, but a new app.
It is now called Jaguar Remote. The version is 2.3.2.
This is the app that has been available for quite awhile in Europe. Took a long time to get here, but better late than never.
Have just downloaded it, have not tried out all the features, but all my old data populated on sign in.
Face ID is enabled for devices that support it.
Seems to update more consistently and faster than previous version.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Do you delete the old one or will it overwrite it?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Face ID, view service interval (not just “service due alert”), more intuitive lock/unlock, date filters on journeys.
seems like a decent update

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you delete the old one or will it overwrite it?
It’s a separate app, not an update. You can have both. At some point I believe the plan is to phase out the old one.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Doesn't seem to have a watch app for this version yet, or maybe it simply isn't planned. I found the watch version for the old Incontrol Remote to be a waste of time to be honest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this a JLR app? I'm not seeing it in the Android Play Store. Maybe it's too early in the morning.

·
F Pace Expert
2,524 Posts
Doesn't seem to have a watch app for this version yet, or maybe it simply isn't planned. I found the watch version for the old Incontrol Remote to be a waste of time to be honest.
Awww, I impressed my friends at least three times starting vehicle from my watch!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this a JLR app? I'm not seeing it in the Android Play Store. Maybe it's too early in the morning.
Yes. This is from JLR.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I loaded them and signed in. Seem a little snappier and a cleaner look. So far, I'll say it was an improvement... We'll see how it performs....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Are you guys all using Apple's app store? I'm looking in Google's; but I don't see anything yet. There's "JaguarRemote" (no space); but it's a different version and by Innovative Timing Systems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Type in "jaguar incontrol apps" and they are there in the play store, on my system anyway. Go for the one that has the title "jaguar incontrol remote".

·
Registered
328 Posts
Type in "jaguar incontrol apps" and they are there in the play store, on my system anyway. Go for the one that has the title "jaguar incontrol remote".
That one I have; different version (Play store says last updated Sep 2019).

·
Registered
163 Posts
That one I have; different version (Play store says last updated Sep 2019).
For I Phone in the apple store app choose Jaguar remote ( version 2.3.2 ) . the older version is also available and it is jaguar in control ( version 1.8).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't see it either, but I'm in Canada. Anyone who has downloaded, what's the new remote icon look like?
see attached. The top picture is version 2.3.2 and the bottom picture is the current old one version 1.8. Please disregard Jaguar sports at the bottom of second picture.
IMG_0852.PNG
IMG_0853.PNG

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys, remember this app has been out for over a year outside of the US and we are just seeing it now.
JLR should do everyone a favor and publicize their release strategy, be it for region or operating system.
It would save everyone manic checking for updates

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm showing that installed as ver. 1.80.1

No option to DL ver. 2.32
See post # 16. Look for Jaguar Remote and NOT jaguar in control. Down load Jaguar Remote.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My original post referred to the new app being available in the IOS (Apple) store in the US.
It may not currently be available for Android or in Canada. I have no information about this but I’m sure that’s why some of you can’t find it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts