Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, for those suffering from Remote App issues there is a new version as of yesterday in the Apple App store. While it only lists a millage rounding error and additional languages in the notes, it might be worth updating to see if it helps in any of your issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
My remote app works fine but I would update it if I wasn't concerned about losing the data I've already collected. Were you using any of the "journey" info? If yes, did it transfer with the updated version?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry.. I wasn't using my journey. So i couldn't tell you.. However, I think all of that is stored in the cloud @ incontrol.jaguar.com

Even without the APP you should be good to go.

Attachments

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Journey data is pulled from cloud not stored in app. Upgrade.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also... and hear me out... I'm not planning on committing any crimes or committing acts of infidelity. But, you know, these things happen. I'm not sure I want to serve up a trail of digital breadcrumbs on a platter to my would be accusers.

And yes... I realize that all of this data is probably out there somewhere already. I just don't like making it easy for them.

What is? "I don't think so, that's how they get you"

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I've upgraded, all the data is there, but interestingly enough today when I went to remote start it when leaving work it was showing that it started but when I got to the car nothing. I've never seen that before today. I've seen it not start due to "bad network connectivity" but not say it started and nothing.

Car still started when I got in it and everything worked fine. Strange.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I've upgraded, all the data is there, but interestingly enough today when I went to remote start it when leaving work it was showing that it started but when I got to the car nothing. .
Might be a stupid point on my part, but once the target temperature is reached, it will shut off on its own. Do you think that might have happened?

·
Registered
239 Posts
We had recently noticed that the app's odometer reading was 2 miles higher than the car. One mystery solved.
Update applied and no data lost.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
24 Posts
I must have auto updates from the App Store as I have this new version already installed. I like this app and am not worried about being "tracked". The data is there anyway whether I look at it or not. I'm on a trial period with OnStar with the other car and they're collecting a lot of the same data for a fee.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Did the update here... Still posting latest Journey as Feb 28th.... Even though it says updated and connected....Glad I don't need this app to survive....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey everyone, for those suffering from Remote App issues there is a new version as of yesterday in the Apple App store. While it only lists a millage rounding error and additional languages in the notes, it might be worth updating to see if it helps in any of your issues.
Another new update for the app on 3-12-18. The units on the Apple Watch app are fixed again.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Jaguar InControl Remote - Android

Just noticed, an update for the Android app is now showing in the Play Store.

FWIW

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
New IOS update also V 1.73.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Several App updates ago the release notes mentioned having a new Def level monitor for diesels. But I've never seen evidence of this in the App and got no useful information from the dealer or from Jaguar USA. Does anyone see this feature? Perhaps in post-2017 models??

·
Registered
583 Posts
Is anyone having any issue with their remote app? For the last month, mine only works about 10% of the time. I have uninstalled and installed a few times.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
New IOS update V1.74

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
New IOS update V1.74
I hope this one fixed the Apple Watch app, which has been unusable since a few updates prior. I'm also using the app so much more since my new F-Pace actually does remote start with the app! :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts