Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded to Android 12 on my Pixel 5 this week and discovered that the Jaguar Remote app does not get along with it. It appears that it crashes the UI of the phone, which takes you back to the lock screen when it restarts, so you will get an endless loop of unlock-->blank screen-->lock screen. The only way out of that is to either reboot phone or touch a notification so that another app is in the foreground. Then you can go in and kill the app. You have been warned :)

Hopefully Jaguar fixes it soon. It's also unfortunate that only a couple weeks ago I deleted the "old" version of remote app and it doesn't appear to be on the play store anymore, so I'm stuck without a remote app until they fix it. :(

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny thing is mine did work once. It opened just fine and I locked the car. 5 minutes later..... the lock screen loop...
Same. It worked the first time I launched it and that was it. I tried zapping the storage in case some data was messed up, and it launched ok after that just one time. Then back to the lock screen loop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had Pixel generations 1-3 when I owned my First FPace. I had more issues with those phones and my Jag bluetooth/apps. I worked with an android developer to find it was code in the phone OS. We tested more than 10 phones, Android and Apple with no issues.

Also, jaguar has a supported list of phones/OS versions if you Google it. The OS that was supported was 2 major versions behind what my Pixels were running.

I bought a Samsung and never looked back. I've been in IT for 25 years and can tell you first hand to stay away from those phones. I haven't had a single issue with Samsung/Jag for the last three years.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ok..... Try this..... Uninstall the app, restart the phone, install the app. When you open the app it still goes to the lock screen, but when you unlock it the app works. Go to the app settings and turn back on location and stop the battery optimization for the app. I did it to both of my phones. It still goes to the lock screen every time, but it hasn't been looping.

Update..... sometimes it loops.....

Sorry for the false hope...

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woohoo their email address from the play store works! Email Jaguar support at jagcrc (at) jaguarlandrover.com and let them know that the Jag app doesn't run on new Android 12. The more who report in, hopefully the faster it will bump up to the top of the list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue with my Pixel 4A, tried rebooting, uninstall/reinstall.. nothing worked. so I uninstalled it and installed the other version from the Playstore (the version that only had 2.6 score) and it works flawlessly .... go figure !!!

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the same issue with my Pixel 4A, tried rebooting, uninstall/reinstall.. nothing worked. so I uninstalled it and installed the other version from the Playstore (the version that only had 2.6 score) and it works flawlessly .... go figure !!!
Thanks for that! When I went searching for it originally I couldn't find the old one but after your post I went to try again and there it was! Installed it right away and I at least have functionality again until they fix it.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got an update from a conversation I'm having with the Mother Ship. Devs are aware of the bug and it will be fixed in an update coming out in December.

·
Registered
2021 Jaguar F-Pace R Dynamic, 2021 Jaguar F-Pace S
8 Posts
Just got an update from a conversation I'm having with the Mother Ship. Devs are aware of the bug and it will be fixed in an update coming out in December.
Thank you for the update on Android 12. I keep passing by the "Install" message on my Android phone, waiting for this to be resolved!

·
Registered
130 Posts
there are 2 apps with a similar black and red logos in the app store. One is the "new" one and one is the "old" one. The new one doesn't work. I am not sure how to tell you which one to pick. the one that i have that works is is version 1.81 of what ever it is. The other one makes the lock screen loop and you have to restart your phone.

·
Registered
2021 Jaguar F-Pace R Dynamic, 2021 Jaguar F-Pace S
8 Posts
there are 2 apps with a similar black and red logos in the app store. One is the "new" one and one is the "old" one. The new one doesn't work. I am not sure how to tell you which one to pick. the one that i have that works is is version 1.81 of what ever it is. The other one makes the lock screen loop and you have to restart your phone.
I really appreciate that information!! Thank You!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Jaguar mobile app crashing started happening on my Samsung S21 Ultra since the Android 12 update earlier this month. I also submitted an email to the developers. Trying the old app for now. It seems to work but is asking for my PIN (haven't checked to see if it will allow biometric authentication). Thanks for the tip about the old app!

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jaguar mobile app crashing starting happening on my Samsung S21 Ultra since the Android 12 update earlier this month. I also submitted an email to the developers. Trying the old app for now.
The old app works successfully. I've been using it since my Android 12 update. It's a little hard to dig up on the play store but it's still out there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts