Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this five (5) years went pretty quick, or so it seems. As one of the OG's my warranty and Jaguar Incontrol subscription will end August 27th, 2021. While the subscription renewal isn't too terribly expensive ($119.00 per year) I was wondering what other OG's are doing. Also I was curious if any of the OG's purchased a Jaguar extended warranty?

Thanks ahead of time,

SK

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine just expired too, I’m currently weighing if it’s worth $120 for the remote features or not. It is really nice to have in the winter months where I live, but when I had it for free I forgot to use it quite a bit.

If it was $50 it would be a no brainer for me….interested to see what others say.

My “connected” features (live traffic for nav/map updates) also expired 2 months ago and I didn’t renew them since I rarely use the factory nav now that I have CarPlay.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m in the same boat…
I’ve never used this feature in the past year that I’ve owned my R Sport.
I love my R Sport, no t sure I will renew for $119.
Somebody convince me WHY I should renew😀

·
Registered
584 Posts
We are similarly lukewarm about renewing. Principle consideration for us leaning that way:
  • we are retired, live rather remotely ... add Covid in the last 18 months resulting in little city (traffic) driving
  • if we need it in fututre, Google-Maps (AndroidAuto) will do nicely, although I do like the native ICTP nav graphics, paricularly the rendition in the instrument screen
  • after enthusiastically welcoming JLR's laudable ICTP upgrade efforts in 2017, 2018 (nav-voice, text messaging, smartphone pack etc.) there have been no functional improvements in 2019, 2020, 2021 .... very disappointing indeed
  • "Live" has been a dud, a promising idea with no useful additions virtually from day one ("Sport" was added then taken off again)
  • similarly ICapps has withered on the vine
  • obviously, now with PiviPro, the original software is what it is!!!
So with zero expectations for further enhancements, what are we likely to miss??? Anyone????

BTW, does anyone have a definate answer as to future map updates, covered or not?

Appreciate additional inputs, points of view.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, does anyone have a definate answer as to future map updates, covered or not?
My subscription says mine expires 08-27-2021. $119.00 to renew, but I don't know if this $119.00 is the same amount requested for ICTP subscription or if it's a seperate charge for the Nav updates only.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
Be disconnected from my F-Pace, are you freaking kidding me? Of course, I'm renewing, lol.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
315 Posts
My subscription expired at the beginning of July and I have not opted to renew. While it's somewhat nice to have remote access and do advance route planning that you can link to the car, the poor performance of ICTP over the years has limited my enthusiasm. In addition, I'm not sure the connection will even work on a MY17 after 3G goes end of life. (Last I checked, that was going to be 1Q22.)

My open question is whether OTA updates will still work. I need the upcoming ICTP patch to restore sounds to Waze navigation. (According to my SA, I'll get it when the release comes out next month, but we'll see.)

Meanwhile, map updates are a separate subscription to renew which I've also declined for now. Even though the "maps" are updated every month, did doesn't mean that the roads in your area are current or constantly changing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Canadian market F-paces only came with a 4 year warranty, so I’ve already renewed the connectivity once and will probably do so again when the term expires next month.

If it weren’t tied to the remote start and telematics, which, IMHO are still too flaky, I probably wouldn’t bother. However, I’ve spent C$20/month on worse things and the peace of mind with the SOS feature is nice.
Interestingly, GM charges significantly more for OnStar subscriptions.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If it makes anyone feel any better, Mercedes charges double Jaguar's rate to renew similar services for another year.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just renewed for another year. $169 CDN plus taxes.
It would cost me $10/month for an additional SIM card if I could use my phone plan, so the net difference of $49 for a year of the SOS and remote app (as glitchy as it often is) seems quite reasonable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m in the same boat…
I’ve never used this feature in the past year that I’ve owned my R Sport.
I love my R Sport, no t sure I will renew for $119.
Somebody convince me WHY I should renew😀
Well I decided to renew to keep the remote start.
Used it yesterday in the Blazing Texas Heat.
Parked in the boondocks and temp around 100 F.
The car was starting to cool down by the time I completed my approximately 10 minute trek.
Worth it to me for that time alone🤠

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum and not sure if this is the latest thread on the subject. My inControl subscription ended and wondering if I should just get a remote car starter that works from your phone, might be cheaper in the long run, any opinions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
How much is the renewal?? I don't recall it being that much. With the InControl app you also get remote door locking, in case you forget to lock your ride, and location tracking if it gets stolen I also like that it logs my trips and shows me the stats on them. You also have the option to set the cabin temp which comes in handy for winter/summer areas, don't think a remote start can do that.

Would a remote start interfere with any sort of keyless entry /smart key features?

How much would you really be saving?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find my app buggy, it doesn't always work and the renewal price is $169 + tax Canadian, I can pay off the starter in about 1.5 years for a basic unit. If you pay more, you can get all these features such as remote locking and location tracking. As for cabin temperature, you get the temperature last used, in winter, to keep the car warm and summer cool. I doubt that you will need to turn on the AC when you needed the heat the day before.

No, the remote will not interfere with any other keyless entry or smart key, if that were the case, they would not be selling them.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm going to renew mine for the second time in December.
Last year I paid $119 (no tax) for 1 year.
I also did the Map subscription for 3 years at $169 ($13.10 tax).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I never used my car map service, wasn't accurate where I am in Ottawa, Canada. I prefer Waze or Google maps for traffic and rerouting during construction or an accident. If you have Carplay, easy set up from your phone and displays right on the car screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Incontrol subscription in Canada enables remote starting and compared to other brands similar subscriptions Jaguar is less Expensive. So I’ll be renewing…if I could!!! I’ve been trying to renew my subscription since the middle of September. I click on the link which has been sent to me at least a dozen times, I get to the renewal page and keep getting the same error message. I tried initially from my mobile device then after speaking with them, used my PC with Chrome as instructed and same result. “There’s been an error while fetching products for VIN. Please try again later.” I’ve been dealing with Jaguar Customer Relations team since September and they keep telling me it’s a system wide (North America) server issue. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or am I the only one? My patience has run out, so before I begin escalating I wanted to ask about the issue in this forum before i do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts