Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FPaceForum.com Vendor
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stealth Hitches™ is a sponsor for this forum. We are happy to announce we have added our completely invisible hitch for the Jaguar F-Pace to our product line. Visible bars, visible receivers and bumper cutouts are not required, nor is ground clearance sacrificed. Our “latch block” is stainless steel and all our hitch components are made in the USA.
Check out Stealth Hitches website. If your vehicle is not listed, please call as we are constantly adding vehicles to our product line.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
1. Our “latch block” is stainless steel
2. all our hitch components are made in the USA.
TWO THUMBS UP , for point 1. & point 2. !!!:D

I like the Catchy Name , as well !!! *STEALTH* !!!;)
Also , THANKS for coming through the Front Door , to join the Forum !!!
Some other SHADY Characters tried to come in through the Back Door , and they ended up gettin' the Super Moderator BOOT UP THE ***!!!>:)
Welcome Aboard , and Good Luck !!!:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
looks cool. i see the subaru option is coming soon. i will be watching for that one to get it ASAP. i already have the hitch for the Fpace. I signed on in the email at your web site

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have an F-Pace on order and I ordered the factory hitch, love the idea of this to clean up the rear end when not in use. I might have to cancel that option if I determine I won’t miss anything I may get from the factory hitch that I wouldn’t from this

·
Registered
868 Posts
Factory Installed Hitch gives you:

1. Trailer Stability Assist:
When a trailer is correctly attached to the vehicle, the TSA system automatically detects when trailer sway is developing. When active, the TSA system gradually reduces the vehicle's speed by reducing engine power and applying the brakes to help regain stability control.
2. Hitch Assist:
Hitch assist displays a rear-view image to aid the process of reversing the vehicle to a trailer's tow hitch.
3. Tow Assist:
Use the tow assist feature when reversing the vehicle while towing a trailer. The touchscreen displays colored trajectory lines to indicate the predicted direction path of the trailer. Dependent on the vehicle's specification, the camera images can also be displayed on the touchscreen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Factory Installed Hitch gives you:

1. Trailer Stability Assist:
When a trailer is correctly attached to the vehicle, the TSA system automatically detects when trailer sway is developing. When active, the TSA system gradually reduces the vehicle's speed by reducing engine power and applying the brakes to help regain stability control.
2. Hitch Assist:
Hitch assist displays a rear-view image to aid the process of reversing the vehicle to a trailer's tow hitch.
3. Tow Assist:
Use the tow assist feature when reversing the vehicle while towing a trailer. The touchscreen displays colored trajectory lines to indicate the predicted direction path of the trailer. Dependent on the vehicle's specification, the camera images can also be displayed on the touchscreen.
Awesome thanks for the info! All of that does sound nice, even though I mostly use the hitch for a bike rack. However, it would be nice to have those features for anytime I am towing something (even though I have a truck as well for any real towing needed).

How do those features work exactly? Do you simply enable/activate them with the push of a button when needed or are they automatically activated somehow with a sensor/wiring on the factory hitch? If I really wanted to waste the money, would all of those features still work if I ordered the factory hitch and then installed a the stealth hitch later on?

·
Registered
868 Posts
They should be automatic when you make the electrical connection.

To use Hitch Assist:
you must touch the hitch assist icon to display the guidance lines for vehicles with a single rear camera system.
Touch the settings icon to display the CAMERA SETTINGS menu, for vehicles with a surround camera system. Select ON from the Hitch Assist option, to display the guidance lines.

Tow assist has to be calibrated with a sticker that comes with the hitch, but should be automatic thereafter.
I personally have not used these features yet, but they sound pretty neat if they work as advertised.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a S and ordered the Stelth combo hitch today. It should be installed next Tuesday and will post pics.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I mostly use the hitch for a bike rack. However, it would be nice to have those features for anytime I am towing something (even though I have a truck as well for any real towing needed).
Exact same situation here, including the truck option. I have the factory hitch and have not found a need for anything else. I remove the bike rack so rarely that being able to see the hitch is not an issue, partly because I ride regularly, partly because I have the Tundra for towing, and partly because my bike rack weighs about 90,000 pounds. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Exact same situation here, including the truck option. I have the factory hitch and have not found a need for anything else. I remove the bike rack so rarely that being able to see the hitch is not an issue, partly because I ride regularly, partly because I have the Tundra for towing, and partly because my bike rack weighs about 90,000 pounds. :)
That bike rack does loom like is weights 90,000 pounds, is that for motorcycle’s. You can’t get a simple straight hook for one bike. :eek:

DP

·
Registered
532 Posts
That bike rack does loom like is weights 90,000 pounds, is that for motorcycle’s. You can’t get a simple straight hook for one bike. :eek:

DP
Nope. I usually carry two bikes to races, and as much time as I spend carrying my two wheel investments over roads with craters that rival those on the moon I want them secured.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a S and ordered the Stelth combo hitch today. It should be installed next Tuesday and will post pics.
Does your S have the factory tow package or will it only be the Stealth hitch? I ordered my S with the Factory tow options so I could get the extra on screen features, but I'm still planning on adding the Stealth Hitch as well, if possible because I like the "stealth" look :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
and even more of an exact situation, not only do we both have trucks for towing, I too have a Tundra haha. off topic but I debated on keeping or getting rid of the tundra when I decided to order the F-Pace but decided on keeping it, I love my Tundra and I've spent some time on a few upgrades for it as well, and since it's paid off, it's nice to keep around.

p.s. my bike rack is the Kuat rack as well, burly little racks! can't go wrong. I get tons of compliments even from people who don't even know what it is! They say "that's really nice! what is it?" hahaha

·
Registered
868 Posts
The factory installed receiver is quite unobtrusive. To be honest, I hardly notice it now.
Give it a little time. IMO, it would be overkill to replace an already installed one.
If not factory installed, absolutely.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The factory installed receiver is quite unobtrusive. To be honest, I hardly notice it now.
Give it a little time. IMO, it would be overkill to replace an already installed one.
If not factory installed, absolutely.
True, I've heard that from others as well. I won't have my F-Pace until August so for now I guess I'll see if it bothers me or not. I have higher priority mods to do first before replacing an existing hitch anyway :)
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Has this been completed yet? Can you post pictures and, if you don't mind, the name of the shop that did it and the cost? I'm not far from you and have been considering adding this so that I can put a bike rack on the back.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Hi everyone, if you are interested the Stealth Hitch does fit on the F-Pace SVR. I took a bit of a risk after doing some measuring between my S and the SVR at the dealership during the trade in and purchase. Measurements looked close, so I ordered the Stealth and crossed my fingers. Today it arrived and I did the install. The install was pretty straight forward. Most of the connectors in an around the boot and under the bumper are the same from the SVR to the standard F-Pace, however the connectors/bolts, etc in the wheel wells are similar but in very different places. Also, the crimp connectors that connect the bumper cover to the fender, are quite a bit more difficult to disengage than on the standard F-Pace. So if any of you SVR owners decide to do this yourself, be very careful pulling the bumper cover away from the fenders and disengaging those crimp tabs.

Lastly, I didn't finish the wiring install yet. That's for this weekend with a multimeter.

Pics below.

First shot is the SVR with the 2 inch receiver engaged.
Second shot is during the install after I got the bumper cover removed.
Third shot is of the Stealth Mechanism and cross member that replaces the Jag bumper support.
Fourth shot is of the SVR after install with nothing attached to the stealth receiver, therefore, the SVR doesn't look like it even has a hitch.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts