Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in my third month with a new to me 2017 F-pace 20d Prestige. Previously I had a 2012 VW Passat TDI and a 2015 Passat TDI .

The longevity of the VW Diesels is well known, not sure yet about the Jaguar. The Jaguar makes more torque and feels like it is a lot faster, even though it's close to the same. Power is there when you need it for hill climbs and the transmission is better at finding the right gear. The 2015 VW (after the fix) was really sluggish.

DEF fluid use seems to be higher with the Jaguar. It was serviced at by Jaguar prior to sale at 30,000 and I am guessing full and now at 34,000 I added 2.5 gallons. The VW never needed adding between service intervals.

MPG of course the VW is better but I am guessing the Jaguar Diesel in the VW platform would be about the same. The F-pace is AWD, heavy and not as aerodynamic. Having said that I am still getting 33 MPG in city/highway combination driving and I like the Sport Mode.

Noise, I think the Jaguar is actually quieter than the VW neither one is bad but when your driving it seems quieter, idling probably about the same.

Anyway I am really impressed so far. Too bad Jaguar already stopped making this vehicle in a Diesel like the VW they would have me hooked for a second one in a few years if not for a lifetime. I probably won't buy a newer gas version when this one racks up over 100,000 miles, just look for another low mileage diesel.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I too am over all pretty impressed with ours, Only has 25K on it as it is my wife's vehicle. Gets a good combination of short local trips and some 300+ mile runs once a month. Have seen it tick 40 MPG on the hwy. Keeps up at 80+ mph with any vehicle on interstates no problem.... Had a few early DEF dosing issues but mostly trouble free so far. We don't think there will be another Diesel one of these either. We would like to get 6-8 years out if it, but being out of warranty on it scares us. Runs well and is a sharp vehicle. Buy DEF at Walmart, cheap and always fresh... All my vehicles are diesels and their mileage and range are excellent. Nothing more I hate than going on a road trip and having to stop for gas every 3-4 hours. So far the FP 20D has filled all requests that we have asked for. Its true value to us will be its longevity. If that pans out it will have been a good buy for us....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts