Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my subscription to Jag connected car just ran out after 5 years. I gel navi and a map but no traffic or data. I also have a 4 g Freedom Pop sim card I pay 6$ a month for.

So the real question is... What definitive information/data Does the paid Jag connection supply and what does the Freedom Pop card I pay for supply/ Augment? Can I ditch the FP card and still get traffic/ nav functions with a new Jag subscription?

Just not sure what each one does for me... I'm Ok with renewing the jag portion, But I'd drop FPop if it has no real value....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The FP SIM supports data for traffic, routing, LIVE apps (weather, etc), music streaming if you have Deezer/Spotify though I think the integrated Spotify app went away.
The built-in Jag SIM supports remote start, vehicle tracking if stolen, Jaguar App communication.

If you want to renew look to do it soon. I let everything expire on my 2017 and I don't see a way to renew the services even if I wanted to. I've been tempted hearing positive performance improvements on remote start using the 2G network after 3G was turned off.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The FP SIM supports data for traffic, routing, LIVE apps (weather, etc), music streaming if you have Deezer/Spotify though I think the integrated Spotify app went away.
The built-in Jag SIM supports remote start, vehicle tracking if stolen, Jaguar App communication.

If you want to renew look to do it soon. I let everything expire on my 2017 and I don't see a way to renew the services even if I wanted to. I've been tempted hearing positive performance improvements on remote start using the 2G network after 3G was turned off.
I tried to renew before expiration and Jag NA said you could not renew till expired. No way on jag.here.com to do anything…..They said I would be sent a renewal email in 48 hrs and the only way to renew was thru this email link. I haven’t seen it yet,but there is no no way to renew on line. I don’t mind keeping the FPop account, but didn’t know if it was necessary…. Looks like it is though. Jag doesn’t make this simple or easy like renewal on line…why I don’t know.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact time, but probably a month before my 5 years were up I got emails for both In Control Remote and Protect, and the Map subscriptions.
I renewed both a week before they expired. No problems with either renewal.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Reactions: JohnnyLightning

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
InControl is possibly worth it. but maps? Nah.. The roads don't change that much, and I don't road trip with my 2018.....

I also had a little discovery this morning. I didn't realize that in the remote app it describes your subscriptions that are current. For my 2021 All is connected and valid thru 2025 and for my 2018 ... I Did get this expiration email and did renew it a month before the 2018 expired. What is sad was it never explicitly said what vehicle we were renewing, and both my 18 and my 21 have the same del'y dates w/in 3 days. So, I couldn't tell if i was renewing the 21 or the 18... After looking in my subscriptions, the 18 is renewed till July 2023, but when you start the vehicle up it still said expired even though it was renewed. I also pretty much glean that in order to have Nav traffic and any other connected gingerbread, you have to keep the secondary (Freedom Pop) sim card active. (Someone could prove me wrong here if I'm not correct.)
The Dealer never explained to us what we were supposed to receive when buying the 21 as far as what came with it and how long, data and connectivity wise, and I can't see anywhere on the Jag NA website that 5 years of it is included, just like the 18.
Also, when calling in to the jag call center, they should have known my 18 was previously renewed earlier in July. I gave them the VIN and they said we will send you a new renewal email? Its status should be all right there for them when they open that VIN up on their screen... How hard is it?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
With Apple CarPlay I haven’t worried about maps/data. If we’re out on a super hot day I’m sure I’ll wish I had the subscription for remote start. 🥵

1 - 8 of 8 Posts