Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
l'll take a good robot any day over a hungover Monday morning disgruntled worker!
My good buddy bought his first new car, a 1972 Chevy Vega, which came from the Lordstown plant in Ohio, which was in the middle of a labor dispute.
After a week, a terrible stench overpowered the car. Turned out a pissed off UAW grunt had put a ham sandwich in the front door panel. Real Classy!

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
617 Posts
Great video, thanks for posting. Sure would like to see an F-Pace being assembled.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's cool. Our F paces weren't built on that line, however. Ours were built at the Solihull factory alongside the RR Sport.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's cool. Our F paces weren't built on that line, however. Ours were built at the Solihull factory alongside the RR Sport.
Agreed, that is a cool video, and wherever mine is going to be built, I sure wish I could be there to watch it come off the assembly line. Now THAT would be cool.........

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Great video, but they were assembling cars that are from what I would guess is at least 2 to 4 years ago (older style XF and the big old style XJ). I wonder how much has changed with the amount change in robotics that has come in the last few years. I'm sure the movements are much quicker and there is probably a lot more automated like the fender hanging and full door assembly.

I agree it would be interesting to see a current video of the F-Pace or XE assembly.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Great video, but they were assembling cars that are from what I would guess is at least 2 to 4 years ago (older style XF and the big old style XJ). I wonder how much has changed with the amount change in robotics that has come in the last few years. I'm sure the movements are much quicker and there is probably a lot more automated like the fender hanging and full door assembly.

I agree it would be interesting to see a current video of the F-Pace or XE assembly.

Seems like there was a brief video of the F-Pace assembly line in the collection of 32 F-Pace videos that Trek posted a few weeks back. And yeah, I watched each and every one back to back - got have something to get my fix while I wait for my order to be submitted.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I was hoping for a UK delivery option similar to BMW's EU delivery option. Tour the factory, discount off vehicle, pick up your F-Pace, drive around the UK and then let them deliver it to the dealer of your choice. Too bad...

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hi ! My name is John , and I work at the JAG Plant ! When one Robot is done making something , I take it to another Robot ! :D
Hi ! My name is Steve , and I work at the JAG Plant ! Once the Robots put the Vehicle together , I put a spacer in between the gaps , to make sure they are even ! Oooops , sorry if I missed a few on your F-Pace ! :eek:
Hi ! My name is Mary , and I work at the JAG Plant ! Once the Robots have completely built the vehicle , I Beep the Horn , and Check the Wipers ! :laugh:
Have A Nice Day ! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts