1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
Interesting as I'm frequently at shell station. Maybe this will make for two useful apps in that desert known as InControl apps, the other being Spotify.

Reactions: sg92 and Pseudonym

·
Registered
148 Posts
Interesting as I'm frequently at shell station. Maybe this will make for two useful apps in that desert known as InControl apps, the other being Spotify.
Might require NFC hardware that is only on the 2018 model.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
Might require NFC hardware that is only on the 2018 model.
No, uses gps to figure out which station you are at then you have to enter your pump #. Seems it's all done through the "cloud"

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
This would be for ICT too, or only ICTP?
It seemed to indicate it's only ICTP because it's an app in the InControl Apps interface.

·
Registered
286 Posts
QUOTE=conservativealex;349417]pretty sure I can access InControl Apps with my ICT[/QUOTE]

I thought so too
Not that I know how

·
Registered
278 Posts
When will it be available in the US?

·
Registered
258 Posts
This would be a great feature if it also pumped the gas for me. But since I have to get out of the car anyway the extra 10 seconds to slide the cc is no big deal.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Agreed but it would save me on those blustery days having to get into my coat and getting my wallet out.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
I think the idea is that it provides an extra level of security because some kind of tokenization happens so you don't have to worry about credit card skimmers on pump (which has happened several times in Denver area).

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the idea is that it provides an extra level of security because some kind of tokenization happens so you don't have to worry about credit card skimmers on pump (which has happened several times in Denver area).
This is the exact reason why I would use it when it was available in the US on more than just Shell gas stations. We don't have to many of them around us.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh and now this "Jaguar announces Apple Pay-based in-car fuel payment feature"

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
This would be a great feature if it also pumped the gas for me. But since I have to get out of the car anyway the extra 10 seconds to slide the cc is no big deal.
Agree, seems like it would be just as easy (and fast) to swipe a card?

·
Registered
278 Posts
When first introduced here, I think it will be easier to just swipe the card. However, as they smooth out the bugs and streamline it, it will be a useful tool.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jaguar is getting publicity for introducing it, which can't be bad for the brand. I'm intrigued by this functionality, and hoping it's useful.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
Can McDonalds, Starbucks and BK be far behind? Car remembers to order and pay for your Starbucks at the optimum time to have it ready and hit at the window when you drive through.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You can already do that with the Starbucks app on your phone. I would like the security at the pump though, until they introduce chip card with PIN at the pumps here in the US there is just too great a risk of skimmers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts