Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

F Pace Expert
Discussion Starter #1

Registered

Super Moderator
Plans and reality are not necessarily the same but it the wave of the very near future for most/all car manufacturers.

Registered
HMMM??? My wife and I visit the grandkids down in NC with miles driven each way about 525. Right now we make it on one tankful and getting 27.5mpg.

Going 100% electric would add hours onto our trip.

Guess I'm out after 2025.

Super Moderator
EV's are never good for long trips. There is no universal plug for charging today and current technology makes it too long for a full charge.

Registered
I guess I may only be able to buy one more SVR after my 2021 gets delivered. :(

Registered
HMMM??? My wife and I visit the grandkids down in NC with miles driven each way about 525. Right now we make it on one tankful and getting 27.5mpg.

Going 100% electric would add hours onto our trip.

Guess I'm out after 2025.
I predict that by 2025 battery technology will have advanced so the minimum range would be well over 500 miles and you could get there on a full charge. Tesla鈥檚 already have ranges over 300 miles. Also one stop at a fast charge station for a 20 min coffee and rest room break could put back 30% into your batteries.

Registered
I was thinking the same about our trips up north...we live in southern Virginia and travel to northern WV to see family often, unless a LOT changes with accessibility and charging options, we鈥檒l be out as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts