Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that didn't take long...
Parked on the street and the neighbor pulled out and hit the front of my two month old joy. Then pulled away, tried for the brake, and hit the gas. Totaled his older Jag against the tree in front of his house.
He got hit hard with the airbags but seems to be OK, thank goodness.
Darn! Initial estimate is $1500 to try to get some waves out of the bumper and a repaint, or more if it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Parked on the street and the neighbor pulled out and hit the front of my two month old joy. Then pulled away, tried for the brake, and hit the gas. Totaled his older Jag against the tree in front of his house.
Darn! Initial estimate is $1500 to try to get some waves out of the bumper and a repaint, or more if it needs to be replaced.
Really sorry to hear that. Hope it's fixed quickly and soon forgotten.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Holy! WTF is up with your neighbor? Was he drunk?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Holy! WTF is up with your neighbor? Was he drunk?
Maybe a very old gentleman who got so flustered that he backed into a car he forgot which was the gas and which was the brake... similar to those stories you see when someone drives into a starbucks or dunkin donuts.

Just be happy he didn't accidentally floor it into your car.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
:( Hopefully they will get it in and out of repair quickly.

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe a very old gentleman who got so flustered that he backed into a car he forgot which was the gas and which was the brake... similar to those stories you see when someone drives into a starbucks or dunkin donuts.

Just be happy he didn't accidentally floor it into your car.
Yup. May be close to his last driving moment :(
fwiw the tow truck guy said that Jags (at least that vintage) and Corvettes have the brake and gas pedals particularly close together. Haven't noticed any issue with spacing on the F-pace though...

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yup. May be close to his last driving moment :(
fwiw the tow truck guy said that Jags (at least that vintage) and Corvettes have the brake and gas pedals particularly close together. Haven't noticed any issue with spacing on the F-pace though...
do you know what year/type jag? I know my 2 other jags have pedals much closer together than F-Pace but not something you don't get used to but I would have been flustered if I had hit your baby too :/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh my,..VERY sorry to hear that. Glad no one was hurt and I am sure your baby will look spanking new again soon.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Call his kids. Tell 'em to come get their old man's car keys. Geez.
Another neighbor is a Highway Patrol chief. Said he would have The Talk with them.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you know what year/type jag? I know my 2 other jags have pedals much closer together than F-Pace but not something you don't get used to but I would have been flustered if I had hit your baby too :/
I think it is/was an XJ of one sort or another...

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I would have kicked his azz over his shoulders:mad:..but that's me...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Soon enough all cars will have technology (and intelligence) that will help us humans avoid these types of mistakes.

I'd give it 5-10 years tops.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Soon enough all cars will have technology (and intelligence) that will help us humans avoid these types of mistakes.
I figure my next "car" will be an app on my phone. This one is the last fun drive for me...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would have kicked his azz over his shoulders:mad:..but that's me...
Maybe. Standing next to him and his totaled car hoping that the airbags didn't break anything while you've got a scuffed bumper maybe it wouldn't be so easy ;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Maybe. Standing next to him and his totaled car hoping that the airbags didn't break anything while you've got a scuffed bumper maybe it wouldn't be so easy ;)

Yeah, maybe I sounded a little harsh...perhaps I was being more metaphorical, as I still would so pissed and after I made sure he wasn't hurt by his own actions. Could have just as easily been a little kid on a tricycle too, instead of the car....or Just like the clown that door bangs my car in the parking lot, I'd like to thump them with a club.....:mad:

Maybe @Trek is right, maybe he shouldn't be driving anymore..a hazard to himself and all that drive around him..

Glad nobody was hurt after all.:|

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts