Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wait is finally over...my S has arrived. I really do love the design and I'm happy I picked the Italian red racing with black wheels. Picture attached! Unfortunately, I'm having some problems. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced these:

1. I cannot get the navigation voice prompts to work. I have tried everything but there is absolutely no volume/voice.

2. Infotainment screen constantly flickers. Every couple of seconds the screen will jitter back and forth.

3. Back tailgate hands-free opening with leg doesn't work all the time. It seems very hard to get it to work properly.

4. When the jaguar is turned off, a loud humming noise comes from the engine for a good couple of minutes. Almost like an jet cooling down. Coming from a Macan, I'm not used to this.

5. Navigation is extremely slow to process controls and commands.

Has anyone experienced any of these problems?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
The humming sound is normal. It is a fan that runs for a couple of minutes after you turn it off. It happens even if you just open and close the door. I got mine on 1/5 and have not had any of the other issues.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
*CONGRATULATIONS* on this IRR *BEAUTY* !!!
With Yours and Muy Loco and gjschwartzman , we now have TRIPLETS !!!
The "Hands Free Rear Tailgate" should work just fine , once you find the sweet spot , which is behind either rear wheel right below the side rear sensor ! Just kick your foot straight in & out under that sensor area , do not swipe your foot sideways !
ENJOY Your New *AWESOME* Looking Ride !!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! My wife actually told me today she thought it was ugly looking. She was upset I got rid of the Macan and thought I was "downgrading" to Jaguar. I am happy with the purchase. It is definitely a head turner. I have noticed that it doesn't have quite the acceleration as the Macan but it is no slouch! If I could only get these issues fixed I would be good.

I noticed that some people have the front jaguar emblem all blacked out. Is this something you after market? Anyone have any thoughts on how it would like on mine?

·
Super Moderator
1,896 Posts
1. I cannot get the navigation voice prompts to work. I have tried everything but there is absolutely no volume/voice.

2. Infotainment screen constantly flickers. Every couple of seconds the screen will jitter back and forth.

3. Back tailgate hands-free opening with leg doesn't work all the time. It seems very hard to get it to work properly.

4. When the jaguar is turned off, a loud humming noise comes from the engine for a good couple of minutes. Almost like an jet cooling down. Coming from a Macan, I'm not used to this.

5. Navigation is extremely slow to process controls and commands.

Has anyone experienced any of these problems?

Thanks!
1. If you are referring to being able to give the navigation system voice commands you can't.
2. Sounds like you don't have the latest infotainment update.
3. See GRVR's response.
4. The whirring noise happens when you open the door to the car even before you start it and continues after you shut the car down. It is the fans that are used to cool down the LED headlights in addition to removing any potential moisture.
5. See # 2.

BTW congrats on the new vehicle!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. If you are referring to being able to give the navigation system voice commands you can't.
2. Sounds like you don't have the latest infotainment update.
3. See GRVR's response.
4. The whirring noise happens when you open the door to the car even before you start it and continues after you shut the car down. It is the fans that are used to cool down the LED headlights in addition to removing any potential moisture.
5. See # 2.

BTW congrats on the new vehicle!!
Thanks for the response @MKenM. I was not referring to voice commands for the navigation but simply having the FPACE speak navigations directions. Meaning, there is absolutely no voice prompts for when it is time to turn or the likes. I thought it was on mute or the volume was down but it wasn't. It is the most frustrating thing!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I recall someone mentioning that they changed languages (or Male/Female) settings for the Nav voice and it corrected the issue. Maybe try those.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Congratulations, it looks great. Looks very similar to mine, except mine is Odyssey Red.
Now you need to complete the black pack, by changing those silver wheel lug nuts.:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the IRR club!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Very nice, and Congratulations. The team above addressed most of your questions, good luck, I think once you get some of the items resolved or get used do some of the normal things, you'll be thrilled with the vehicle.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My wife actually told me today she thought it was ugly looking.
WHAT????? :eek:

The F-Pace is the best looking SUV on the planet, bar none (in my humble opinion). ;)

Kerry

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
THANKS kerrydel ! I'm glad somebody else picked up on that ridiculous comment ! If my wife had those feelings , it would finally be ME , MY 3 DOGS , and the F-PACE !!! HAPPILY EVER AFTER !!! >:)

Hey there dman9271 , I don't know how long you have been married , but your wife is just playing the WIFEY GAME ! If she was to AGREE with you , and let her "honest" opinion of the F-Pace be known (which is AWESOME & BEAUTIFUL) , that would be like saying YOU were RIGHT ! And I don't know of too many wives that are EVER willing to admit that !!! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts