Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for a 35t F-pace v6 petrol 340 HP prestige in GTA area.
I checked this forum around to summarize most common issues on 2017 F-Pacer reported so far:
1. Mechanical: creaking rear suspension - Isolator issue
2. Software: ICTP / ICT System errors & Parking camera stays on....
3. (You r very welcome to add more common issues here)

IF I choose a 2017 model on dealer's lot, which manufacture date should I pass to eliminate above issues? (better go without tech. pack to avoid ICTP errors?)

IF I choose a 2018 model, price and rate will be higher, will the 2nd generation of F-Pace solve all above issues?

THANK YOU:x

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2017 vs 2018 F-Pace Issues.

Hi, I am looking for a 35t F-pace v6 petrol 340 HP prestige in GTA area.
I checked this forum around to summarize most common issues on 2017 F-Pacer reported so far:
1. Mechanical: creaking rear suspension - Isolator issue
2. Software: ICTP / ICT System errors & Parking camera stays on....
3. (You r very welcome to add more common issues here)

IF I choose a 2017 model on dealer's lot, which manufacture date should I pass to eliminate above issues? (better go without tech. pack to avoid ICTP errors?)

IF I choose a 2018 model, price and rate will be higher, will the 2nd generation of F-Pace solve all above issues?

Please give ur suggestion. :x

·
Registered
517 Posts
Most reports here indicate that all of the more serious MY17 issues have been corrected. If you use the pre-delivery letter (posted as a sticky thread) to insure your dealer applies the appropriate fixes, then you very likely would not experience those issues. If you can find what you want in MY17 in the lot, then you could go this route and get a better price.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most reports here indicate that all of the more serious MY17 issues have been corrected. If you use the pre-delivery letter (posted as a sticky thread) to insure your dealer applies the appropriate fixes, then you very likely would not experience those issues. If you can find what you want in MY17 in the lot, then you could go this route and get a better price.
Thank you very much for your advise. I am new to this forum, what does "MY17" mean?
And could you please give a link here for pre-delivery letter, I didn't see it posted as a sticky thread.
How to insure my dealer applied all appropriate fixes?

Thanks again for answering my silly questions:nerd:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thank you very much for your advise. I am new to this forum, what does "MY17" mean?
And could you please give a link here for pre-delivery letter, I didn't see it posted as a sticky thread.
How to insure my dealer applied all appropriate fixes?

Thanks again for answering my silly questions:nerd:
MY stands for Model Year. So MY17 is Model Year 2017 and MY18 is Model Year 2018.

Here is the link for the pre-delivery letter.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-general-discussion-forum/27458-owner-pre-delivery-letter.html

Your best bet is to send the letter ahead of time to your salesperson and tell them you want everything checked. Then you can go through it with them when you go to pick up the F-Pace.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MY stands for Model Year. So MY17 is Model Year 2017 and MY18 is Model Year 2018.

Here is the link for the pre-delivery letter.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-general-discussion-forum/27458-owner-pre-delivery-letter.html

Your best bet is to send the letter ahead of time to your salesperson and tell them you want everything checked. Then you can go through it with them when you go to pick up the F-Pace.
Thank you so much for ur time! I will have the letter in my hand when I go visit my dealer for sure!

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Thank you so much for ur time! I will have the letter in my hand when I go visit my dealer for sure!
If you are looking at 2017 I would expect that any vehicle you look at will be well beyond any of the early 2017 problems. The delivery preparation process from Jaguar is supposed to insure that any outstanding issues are addressed before the vehicle is delivered. To be clear, suggest the letter be used once you've chosen a vehicle and are preparing to take delivery not during purchase process though you can read through it to insure you are knowledgeable.

If you've been through this forum as it appears you have you are better prepared than the average buyer!

Reactions: Turbodog

·
Registered
49 Posts
My original F-Pace had a build date I believe June/July 16' and had a lot of the issues on the forum. My replacement F-Pace build date was February 17' and I am PLEASED to announce that I just crossed the 1K mile mark (Courtesy of the NE Spring Meet Up) and have not had one single glitch with the new one. Still early in the game and will keep knocking on wood but I can attest that February through present models are good to go!

·
Registered
112 Posts
My original F-Pace had a build date I believe June/July 16' and had a lot of the issues on the forum. My replacement F-Pace build date was February 17' and I am PLEASED to announce that I just crossed the 1K mile mark (Courtesy of the NE Spring Meet Up) and have not had one single glitch with the new one. Still early in the game and will keep knocking on wood but I can attest that February through present models are good to go!
This is great news - I am expecting my MY18 replacement for my 17 soon, which had a similar build date to yours and likely a similar list of unresolved issues.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Still early in the game and will keep knocking on wood !
You'll be just fine , as long as you don't mind "knocking" on Cheap Plastic Fake Wood !!! ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank u for this info. That helps a lot. I will focus on MY17 with a build date Feb. 17 or later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2017 F-Pace S Errata

I have a 2017 F-Pace S Fully Loaded and have experienced the below errata. I picked mine up on 3/25/2017 but it was ordered on 11/25/2016 and have 765 miles on it. I love the vehicle but seems the tech was rushed out. Hope the 2018 model year does not have these issues. I will be scheduling a service to have the dealer address these issue.

1. FM radio reception is poor or non-existent at times in areas that my other car gets perfect reception

2. At times it takes the ICTP system 4 minutes to boot up after vehicle start

3. ICTP and Dash cluster never come on after engine start. Have to restart the engine to have it reboot/show up

4. ICTP rebooted while driving at 2 separate times.

5. Parked vehicle, shut it off, radio sill playing as it should until you open the door. I opened my driver’s door, ICTP shut down but the radio kept playing. I closed the door and locked the car and I could still hear the radio playing. I had to open the car, press the start button but did not start the car to engage Aux Power, then powered off the radio.

6. Rear camera stayed active while driving forward until engine was shut.

7. At times while going from Park to Drive the PARK light stays lite and I have to press the gas to get the F-Pace rolling forward.

8. Parking/Proximity sensors not always engage properly. When pulling into garage the Proximity sensors do not engage unless shift into reverse first.

9. Parking sensor sound at times create a crackling sound through the F-Pace Speaker system.

10. Unable to permanently disengage the auto Start/Stop. Need to always disengage every time I start the F-Pace. The Option should be Disabled unless engaged not engaged every time unless disengaged.

11. Driving Mode does not keep after vehicle shut off. Select Dynamic driving mode, park and shut off vehicle. Restart vehicle and the driving mode is set to Normal or at times Echo.

12. Hands free phone interface sound is low, other party complains I sound choppy or jittery and at times like under water. When hands free is disengaged the issue is not present.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts