Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am from Vancouver British Columbia and have owned the Jaguar F Pace ( White, Prestige, Vision package, Comfort and Convience package, 20 inch Venom wheels ) for a week now. Went to the dealership they had one in stock that I liked with the options I needed so I got that. Over the week of owning it I have seen 3 issues which are now being resolved by JLR. 1st issue was that when I went to take delivery of the car, noticed the back seats were not reclining or heating. Dealership said could be a fuse issue and scheduled me in for Feb 15. Took my vehicle home washed it up due to the snow and encountered one more issue the next day which was trunk randomly opening when the vehicle was being unlocked. Told Jaguar about that too and they are ordering a new hinge thing for the trunk, seems like it had gotten wet. 3rd issue I have encountered was that the headlight fans were staying on all night long instead of being turned off within 20 minutes of the vehicle being powered off.

Other than these 3 minor issues I love my car so far. It just gets me a little mad that a new car with under 400km on it is encountering these problems already. Jaguar has fixed 2 issues out of the 3 mentioned and the 3rd one ( trunk ) just waiting on the part and should be done by the 17th of February. Let me know what you guys think would love to get some feedback and thoughts. Thanks guys, have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
225 Posts
As long as they take care of those issues for you, seems fairly minor (although the headlight fans could possibly drain the battery so hopefully that gets fixed!!).

Enjoy the car - she is a blast!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I called yesterday and they said they had fixed the headlight fans, they do stay on for about 15-20 minutes on all vehicles due to moisture building up I believe but shouldn't be on all night it's just a constant humming noise in my head lights gets a little annoying after a while lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have had my F-Pace for about two weeks now and the only issue I have noticed is a slight alignment issue with front panel lines up with the hood. It is not noticeable unless you look at it closely. At some point I will have it addressed just waiting to see if other issues pop up. No problem so far with an of the electronics or feature operations. Hopefully, this will be the end of it for you!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have had my F-Pace for about two weeks now and the only issue I have noticed is a slight alignment issue with front panel lines up with the hood. It is not noticeable unless you look at it closely. At some point I will have it addressed just waiting to see if other issues pop up. No problem so far with an of the electronics or feature operations. Hopefully, this will be the end of it for you!
I also noticed a slight misalignment in my front panels. Our vehicles are more closely related than I thought.

I also have what appears to be a break in the bottom light pipe on the HVAC control panel, see below. Other than these minor issues I've had no issues with the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
I also noticed a slight misalignment in my front panels. Our vehicles are more closely related than I thought.

I also have what appears to be a break in the bottom light pipe on the HVAC control panel, see below. Other than these minor issues I've had no issues with the car.
If you get a chance take a picture of where you have the misalignment. It would be interesting to see if it is at the same place. Also wondering if that is a break or something else. Normally with a light pipe the light would only be at one end so if you had a break the light would stop right there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know these are complex machines, but how do realignment issues get past the quality control inspectors at the plant?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I know these are complex machines, but how do realignment issues get past the quality control inspectors at the plant?
Or the dealer PDI process. They are supposed to check for it. Another reminder to use the letter offered elsewhere on here if you are waiting for an F Pace so this stuff taken care of before you get vehicle.

A slight possibility is that a panels goes out of alignment during transit. Do cars settle like buildings?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Or the dealer PDI process. They are supposed to check for it. Another reminder to use the letter offered elsewhere on here if you are waiting for an F Pace so this stuff taken care of before you get vehicle.

A slight possibility is that a panels goes out of alignment during transit. Do cars settle like buildings?
Actually I did use the letter, which you so gratefully pointed out to me, but my focus was more on the electronic stuff and getting logged into my account and I didn't think about looking at this type of issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also used the letter.

I wonder what the reaction will be at pick up on Monday?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gorgon I will check that out on mine when bringing it back from the dealership tomorrow (FEB17) Do you both have the Tech package with yours?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Gorgon I will check that out on mine when bringing it back from the dealership tomorrow (FEB17) Do you both have the Tech package with yours?
Yes, I have the tech pack.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If you get a chance take a picture of where you have the misalignment. It would be interesting to see if it is at the same place.
Actually, looking at it tonight it looks like the passenger side hood latch needs an adjustment, sits too low and isn't quite aligned with front grill piece.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Actually, looking at it tonight it looks like the passenger side hood latch needs an adjustment, sits too low and isn't quite aligned with front grill piece.
My alignment issue is on the drivers side. I will look at my hood latch to see if it causing the issue. Maybe it is just an adjustment.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My alignment issue is on the drivers side. I will look at my hood latch to see if it causing the issue. Maybe it is just an adjustment.
This is super exaggerated due to the camera being practically on the hood, but you can see the front facia sticking out from the hood. There's less room under the passenger side of the hood to stick my finger than the driver's side. Driver's side aligns perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update as of Feb 17 : Car is doing great, back seats are reclining and heating now, led fans are only on for about 10-15 mins, trunk mechanism is fixed and works normal again. Dealership said someone had pushed the button to hard and it had been a little stuck, and also the latch was f*ck*d up, so they replaced that. So far so good, very relieved that these problems were fixed. Can get back to ripping this cat around Vancity!!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Update as of Feb 17 : Car is doing great, back seats are reclining and heating now, led fans are only on for about 10-15 mins, trunk mechanism is fixed and works normal again. Dealership said someone had pushed the button to hard and it had been a little stuck, and also the latch was f*ck*d up, so they replaced that. So far so good, very relieved that these problems were fixed. Can get back to ripping this cat around Vancity!!
Your story sounds like just another episode of the '70s Brady Bunch , *Alls Well , That Ends Well* !!! ;)

Now get out there and *RIP IT , RIP IT GOOD* !!! >:)

Reactions: Roadsterguy
1 - 18 of 18 Posts