Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2017 F-Pace 35t a few weeks back, and have had bluetooth connectivity issues with the latest versions of Android and iOS,
see here:

No issues with Android 8.0 though. With 9.0 the bluetooth connection drops and reconnects 3-5 times, but after a couple of minutes the connection is sustained. I've tried every possible troubleshooting method.

I talked to the JLR north america support team, and they said this is a known issue, seems google and apple updated their bluetooth codec and lots of car manufacturers have been working to put out an update to support it.

In talking to a local dealer, the service guy mentioned that the incontrol touch, the one with the buttons on the side, hasn't received a software update since the cars were first released around 3 years ago, whereas the pro has had 7-8 updates over the past few years.

Does JLR plan to put out an update for the non-pro infotainment system? Seems they've completely neglected keeping it up to date. It also doesn't support apple car play or android auto.

Is there any way to upgrade the infotainment system? Or am I stuck with late-2016 software for the life of the car?

·
Registered
591 Posts
In talking to a local dealer, the service guy mentioned that the incontrol touch, the one with the buttons on the side, hasn't received a software update since the cars were first released around 3 years ago, whereas the pro has had 7-8 updates over the past few years.
Pretty sure I've gotten at least two updates since my car was new. Both updates contributed to reliability, and one disabled the text messaging feature while leaving it as an option on the screen. Grrrr.
Anyway, your dealer should be willing to update the firmware, especially since you are seeing connectivity issues with newer releases of phone software. fwiw I don't have any connectivity issues with my iPhone running 12.3.1 which is the latest according to my phone. When I did get updates, I mentioned problems (map and GPS losing registration was one, occasional crashing of the console was another; maybe also rear camera issues???). Feel free to search through the list or get other suggestions for what complaints you should have from that original software. And then mention those. At that point it should trigger some kind of "mandatory update".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts