Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

<rant>Owner of Jaguar F-Pace Premium 35t, I pre-booked this crossover as soon as it was available and took my delivery in June 2016. I believed that spending more than 55K would fetch me great tech, As you can tell from my username - Jaguar has weak tech - Yes, you heard it. I know that you guys have experienced this but no one has said it out loud because it hurts :) </rant>

Now coming down to the real issue.

iPod integration - In the day and age of bluetooth streaming with bitrate of 320K I should probably not be bringing this up however I have a cutting edge iPod Nano 2nd generation that was lying around and I decided to use this to test out the Meridian Sound system (which BTW is less than stellar) with some mp3s, A friend of mine leased XE and he felt that the sound was weak and that triggered a curiosity to test my F-Pace. My commute is just 10 miles daily and I barely liste to anything other than Moth Radio or FM Radio. So I connected the iPod to the USB port in the center console and expected things to work - Silly me. This resulted in this : https: //cl.ly/3M3L2X3o1B11 ("No playable audio file") , Now the Jaguar detects that there is an iPod connected since I see it in the "Source" list. My iPod also sees the check attachents - What gives ? The manual says the supported model for iPod - iPod Nano. I'm sure some of the mp3 are less than 192K so I expect to see something. The iPod is connected to the F-Pace using this cable (Check attachment) since I lost my original iPod cable (This cable works fine with my Macbook 2015) , I'm reaching out to see if anyone has had any luck getting the iPod Integration working with the F-Pace.

Lastly, The Tech is weak - I have ICT and now in hindsight I shuld have gone with ICTP and the $3200 Tech pack. I mean if you spent 55.5K what's another 3K ? The Tech in Merc, BMW (IFTTT integration is to die for), Lexus and Acura is leap miles ahead of Jaguar, Not sure why they need to re-invent the wheel - Just bring android auto and better navigation to a premium brand. Sygic maps - You serious ? I'm willing to pay $75 for the maps but I shouldn't have to plug my phone and use the Jaguar apps, It's 2017 Jaguar - You listening ?

Thanks for listening...Cheers.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
Apple cables and the F Pace are very particular. Formatting may not be acceptable for the car but OK for the iPod. $3.2K is another 6% or so. Should have bought a MB or BMW if it is was all about the electronics. I assume you like the looks of the FP?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SUV drives great and it is extremely powerful. Sure it looks great too. I don't have a buyer's remorse but I expected the tech to just work. If the manual says it supports iPod Nano plugging it it should work - Right ?

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
MKen is right, at least with ICTP, F-Pace is super finicky about cables. Try an original Apple cable. I've also had luck with the cable (with most recent IPhone) below which can be purchased at any Car Toys or online in many places and is probably still available in a version that would work with Nano. That's what I would check first. From observing tons of posts on here I'd be leery of immediately blaming F-Pace but it could well be there is some incompatibility. Is your Nano on most recent software release(looks like it)?

AudioQuest Photon Lightning Cable - PHOTONLIGHTNINGBLUE

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried with the original cable for iPod but no dice, I'm going to drop this project, Alternatively I copied few of my favorite albums on a Thumb drive and that works like a charm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tried with the original cable for iPod but no dice, I'm going to drop this project, Alternatively I copied few of my favorite albums on a Thumb drive and that works like a charm.
An iPod Nano 2nd gen? That's like a 6 year old device that is notorious for not being able to sync with anything. Did you try putting it into Disk mode to see if that would work?

As for the tech, I'm a tech nerd by trade. My tech prowess is buying me this car. I have to say, I'm 50/50 on the tech. I've used the BMW and the MB tech, and I feel like the Jag ICTP has more potential than the other two, but it really needs to be dialed in. I HATE the MB tech enough to where I ruled out MB as a brand when I was car shopping. My dad has a 2016 MB and I HATE it. The BMW tech is better, but the Jag tech has more possibilities.

The main reason I say that is the ICTP is getting regular updates and is being addressed by Jag. the other ones are not. They can still integrate Android Auto or Apple Car Play into the system and current owners can benefit. That's a huge plus.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I personally am pretty happy with the tech. I have the ICTP system in my F-Pace and I think it has a lot to offer. I looked at BMW, Porsche, and Acura and I think there tech is more refined because they are more established but I think the F-Pace tech is more up-to-date it just needs some more tweaking. As for the Meridian system I think it is all about the source. I have listened to FM, Satellite, and IPhone downloaded music and have been happy but not thrilled. I signed up for the Spotify premium free trial and set the setting to extreme(320K) and wow what a difference in the sound. It really brings the Meridian system to life. Someone mentioned a good iPod to use is the 5th generation with the Wolfson Dac. Might be time to upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts