Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - F-Pace 2.0d (ICT) owner from Singapore here. Just updated my iPhone to iOS13 and started having bluetooth connection issues. Just wondering if anyone has the same experience. For what it's worth I recommend not updating your iOS until the issues have been resolved. Here is what I experienced:

1. Bluetooth audio keeps disconnecting after 1-2 mins. Then it reconnects. Then it disconnects again after 1-2 mins...then it reconnects. Pretty much unusable.

2. It's not an issue with the car's bluetooth as my wife's iphone still works fine. She is still on iOS12.

3. Looks like it is an issue with my phone (iOS13) not being able to hold both bluetooth connections properly (Phone + Audio). It seems to work ok if I connect to audio only and not phone. Also, it works ok if I connect to Audio on my phone and Phone on my wife's iphone, ie. bluetooth connections to 2 different devices simultaneously. Which again leads me to believe that iOS13 cant hold both connections on the same phone at once.

Let me know if anyone has faced anything similar. Thanks!

·
F Pace Expert
2,712 Posts
Have you tried completely deleting existing connection from phone and car and re-pairing the two? Also 13.1 drops tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried completely deleting existing connection from phone and car and re-pairing the two? Also 13.1 drops tomorrow.
Yup tried that a few times. Fingers crossed that 13.1 solves it! Otherwise I’ll just have to drive around connected to Audio only :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
@ktan902 I logged on here this morning specifically for this. I am also experiencing the same thing after downloading iOS13. Prior to that update, my Bluetooth worked seamlessly. Crossing my fingers iOS13.1 fixes this too. I have had luck connecting my charging cable and using the "iPod" source....otherwise it's just straight radio :confused:.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have 13.1 and I haven't had any issues with connectivity with my new iPhone and 13.1 so far.

·
Registered
873 Posts
IOS 13, XS Max, ICTP 18C, No Problems.
Remote Start started working again the first day after update.
Unsuccessful since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update - Updated to iOS13.1 but the issues still persist 😞. Re-paired devices and all that and even reset network settings on my phone. No dice. Let me know how you all get on with yours...
Issue might only occur for ICT users.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I wound we if it’s an ICT issue and not an ICTP issue.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Remote start is working fine for me with iOS 13.1, 11 Pro Max, ICTP 19a.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Remote start is working fine for me with iOS 13.1, 11 Pro Max, ICTP 19a.
The remote start not working for me is nothing new. Been hit or miss for 3 years.
I try it every once in awhile for grins and was surprised that it worked a few times after 13.0. Then back to not working. 13.1 had no effect.
I really don’t use it, just fool around with trying to troubleshoot it.
I’ll bring it up again to dealer, but not confident of good outcome. Maybe the European version will be better once it’s officially released to us.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The remote start not working for me is nothing new. Been hit or miss for 3 years.
I try it every once in awhile for grins and was surprised that it worked a few times after 13.0. Then back to not working. 13.1 had no effect.
I really don’t use it, just fool around with trying to troubleshoot it.
I’ll bring it up again to dealer, but not confident of good outcome. Maybe the European version will be better once it’s officially released to us.
Skyking, that was my exact experience with my 2017 First Edition. I think it was a telematics issue with the car's telematics unit. Which is where all of the cellphone connectivity occurs. if I tried to remote start the car within 10 minutes or so of shutting it down, it would work 90% of the time, but if the car was off for several hours success was more like 10%. I gave up after pushing it with the dealership and hoped that my 2019 would be better and it certainly has. Night and day difference. I would push with your dealership to perhaps replace the telematics/cell phone interface for the car.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Skyking, that was my exact experience with my 2017 First Edition. I think it was a telematics issue with the car's telematics unit. Which is where all of the cellphone connectivity occurs. if I tried to remote start the car within 10 minutes or so of shutting it down, it would work 90% of the time, but if the car was off for several hours success was more like 10%. I gave up after pushing it with the dealership and hoped that my 2019 would be better and it certainly has. Night and day difference. I would push with your dealership to perhaps replace the telematics/cell phone interface for the car.
I'll see what they can do.
It's weird that the Journeys are spot on, so there is definitely some communication going on.
I do get erroneous vehicle security status. For instance locked but alarm not set, or a door or window open, when all those are incorrect.
It also will sometimes not update when connecting (vehicle last connected message) even after multiple reattempts.
I troubleshot all this before last years service with JLR Customer Service.

The Findings from the Telematics Group:
1. There is a communication issue between the vehicle and the server caused by a hardware failure.
2. Dealership appointment need for software update and to complete the following checks:
-GPS splitter
-Antenna
-TCU wiring and connectors
-Ensure all connections to the TCU are securely connected with good pin integrity
-Inspect wiring to the module and ensure it is correctly routed with no tight sections or damage
-Ensure correct feeds and earths are present at the module (supply voltage readings)
-Clarify TCU shows no signs of water ingress or corrosion
-Dealership would need to open a TA ticket and JLR CRC will liase with us and technical group

So, after all that, no troubleshooting was done, the dealer updated the ICTP software, and called it a day.
So, they were given all the info to troubleshoot and fix the problem, but they ignored it.
A good service department can make or break a brand!
As much as I love my car, I seriously doubt I will purchase another when the warranty expires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Updated to iOS 13.1 this morning. Bluetooth is still dropping so update was no help. However, my text messages are now appearing on my infotainment screen- they hadn't prior to this issue. It's the weirdest thing.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Your experience with the app, journeys and the error messages are identical to my experience with my 2017. Always had good journey list, but sometimes it wasn't updated till later (when the car got connectivity while running). I could never get the dealership to address the remote start issue, and it was always on my list of things for them to look at when the 2017 was in there on service. To be honest, most dealerships are really bad at debugging intermittent issues. With the fact that the car would mostly remote start when it wasn't sitting a long time, it tended to mostly work for them. They were also in a 5x5 AT&T network location. I was about to tell them to just replace the telematics unit when the SVR was announced. My plan had been to keep the 2017 until an SVR came out, or until I got bored of it. So with the announcement of the SVR I placed my order and gave up trying to get the remote start issue with the 2017 fixed. If I was you I'd push hard on replacing the telematics unit or at least checking all that wiring as your note mentions.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I’m going to push to get this working, considering it was on last year’s list for them to fix.
Everything else is great, so It shouldn’t be too difficult to troubleshoot. And considering the Telematics group gave them a game plan to get it working.
Bottom line is I really don’t even use the remote start, but I’d like it to work as advertised.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updated to iOS 13.1 this morning. Bluetooth is still dropping so update was no help. However, my text messages are now appearing on my infotainment screen- they hadn't prior to this issue. It's the weirdest thing.
I am having the same issue and thought 13.1 would fix it but nope. Issue persists using Iphone XR. I cant even use some of the standard voice functions as the address book is no longer downloading. Tried all the trouble shooting items, removed device completely, reset network setting but have not tried restore and setup as a new phone as that would be painful.

·
F Pace Expert
2,712 Posts
Skyking, were it me I would write a written letter to dealer with copy to Jaguar North American demanding that the instructions you relayed are followed and that they replace the telematics unit. As old hands here know, bad telematics units go all the way back to when vehicle was first released.

With tons of experimenting I have Remote is very very sensitive to car’s access to strong cell signal; i am living in a new building in downtown Denver, I have tried many spots in our garage. Having vehicle next to an external opening makes a big difference. Even having vehicle backed into a spot with rear antenna closer to the outside makes a difference. Same for good phone internet connection, I have about 400mbs wifi in my place. By far the best performance location I be found is consistently at a restaurant I frequent where my Verizon phone service is 5 bars and ATT signal in car is 5 bars. In that location Remote status report is almost immediate as is remote start.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Skyking, were it me I would write a written letter to dealer with copy to Jaguar North American demanding that the instructions you relayed are followed and that they replace the telematics unit. As old hands here know, bad telematics units go all the way back to when vehicle was first released.
Thanks. I'm going to push for replacement of the Telematics unit unless something obvious appears when testing.
Mine doesn't appear to have any correlation to signal strength, as that is the first thing I checked when I did my own troubleshooting.
BTW, my VIN is not in the range of the bulletin, but that doesn't mean much to me. I'll use it in my documents arsenal-I have lots of ammo:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to push for replacement of the Telematics unit unless something obvious appears when testing.
Mine doesn't appear to have any correlation to signal strength, as that is the first thing I checked when I did my own troubleshooting.
BTW, my VIN is not in the range of the bulletin, but that doesn't mean much to me. I'll use it in my documents arsenal-I have lots of ammo:)
@skyking - do you have a copy of the bulletin your are referencing above? I'm having similiar issues with my 2017 F-Pace ICT.

·
Registered
873 Posts
@skyking - do you have a copy of the bulletin your are referencing above? I'm having similiar issues with my 2017 F-Pace ICT.
If you click on the link in VZX-CO’s post, there is a copy of the bulletin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts