Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my F Pace (premium edition) in August. I love the car but for some reason my iPhone contacts don't properly sync with the car, and for some reason most of my important contacts do not appear in the car's contact list. I've taken it back to the dealer and they said it's an interface issue but they have not been able to fix the problem. My iPhone does work seamlessly with the all electronic dash board F Pace (we tested it at the dealer) but not the car I have. It's my office iPhone and I have a lot of contacts (a few thousand) but I don't know why that would matter. I've also used several versions of the IPhone (5 and 6) and it hasn't made a difference. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Anyone know of a solution?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hhhmmm. Our Iphone 6S syncs contacts perfectly. I wonder if "a few thousand" exceeds the capabilities of the system? I know my Mazda can only accommodate 750 max.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is something in the settings if the iphone that caused issues reading the texts but cant remember what it was. I'll look into it and get back to you

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
A "few thousand contacts" ??? I don't even think my little old Flip Phone will hold that many !!! ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
The first question is when you look in the contact list in the car does it start with "A" contacts followed by "B" etc? Do you have any idea how many contacts are in the cars list? I would tend to think then same as tvn300 said. The issue is not the interface in the phone if you see some of your contacts.

I don't know a few thousand people no less all their phone numbers.>:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have experienced the exact same issue. A vast majority of my contacts are transferred but for some reason, the most important ones do not show up. If I spell out the number, the name appears on the screen. I have removed and re-synced my phone without luck. The dealer tried in re-install software and no luck. I have visited the dealer several times without a solution.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Guys,
This could be due to 'no name' contacts on iphone. I had this issue- somehow my phone keeps creating no name contacts and these would appear as blank. There are a number of apps on the appstore that let you delete no-name contacts. This explain why you see the name when someone calls or when you enter the number.

On IPhone- check after the 'Z' names to see how many such entries you have.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my contacts are fine, my problem is I cant get the text to work I have an Iphone 6s. Ive tried everything. I have an apt w dealer on Feb 20 for another issue and was just going to ask them then

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Supposedly the ICT can display text messages as they are received while you are in the vehicle as they arrive, you can't see past text messages, and you can't respond. ICTP does not have that option.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts