Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this from Amazon thinking it might hold my Florida Sunpass but is about an inch short. I hate the look of the white blob of a transponder on my windshield and wanted to camo it for the exterior aesthetics.

I went to send it back and it has a no return policy. I can't think of a clever use for it so I thought I would offer it up here for a couple bucks to pay the shipping to you. I'm posting here since it is a regional item.

Message me if interested please.

https://www.amazon.com/T-case-Trans...8-1-fkmr1&keywords=illinois+transponder+cover

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Plastidip, still have . to attach to windshield...someone else used black velcro tape alone, seemed to work.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plastidip, still have . to attach to windshield...someone else used black velcro tape alone, seemed to work.

I don't think I want a permanent black patch up there.

I think I'm going to get a piece of black material and get it sewn to slip it in and cut slits for the suction cups.

There is money to be made here, since there are lots of cars in Florida, many toll roads and an oddball sized transponder!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It may be dumb, but I just hold mine up everyday and then put it away... Its easy to do and I don't have to look at it the rest of the time. Don't want it on my windshield either !

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,377 Posts
You might want to do what I did and mount it on your glass roof. It's out of sight and works great.

DP

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might want to do what I did and mount it on your glass roof. It's out of sight and works great.

DP
Great idea if the all the sensors are up above. I'll have to pay more attention when go thru the toll booths. I know the lane readers are overhead on the express lanes.

This is the winner of the day so far!

·
Administrator
1,929 Posts
I painted mine black, used Scotch-Lok painted that black also not velcro (hold better in the hot sun) and mounted it behind the rear view mirror on the windshield so it is out of my line of sight. Works perfect and since my interior and headliner are black it just blends in.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,377 Posts
Great idea if the all the sensors are up above. I'll have to pay more attention when go thru the toll booths. I know the lane readers are overhead on the express lanes.

This is the winner of the day so far!

Once you drive though it will read it. even the sensors on the side see it. at least here in TX. Since you have the hard case version, I'm guessing that has some reach to it. They started to switch over to paper thin sticker a few years ago here in the Dallas area.

DP

Reactions: Florida guy

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just stuck mine to the sunroof. Out of sight out of mind. I still have full function of the sunroof and don't have to worry about it being seen by others

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,377 Posts
I just stuck mine to the sunroof. Out of sight out of mind. I still have full function of the sunroof and don't have to worry about it being seen by others

Hmmm I should have thought of that. ;)

DP

Reactions: MTHM
1 - 13 of 13 Posts