Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posed the other day on the latest iOS 13 point release.

The feature of using your phone or Apple Watch to unlock and drive your car is called CarKey.

Please see the attached screenshot.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
They just got the ICTP under control you really think that’s gonna be available for our current cars ? Now the new JLR Defender that’s coming out has an all new ICTP System totally different from the current one, I was in one last week. It even had a Wirless Charging pad built on the center council, this might be capable for this.

DP

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They just got the ICTP under control you really think that’s gonna be available for our current cars ? Now the new JLR Defender that’s coming out has an all new ICTP System totally different from the current one, I was in one last week. It even had a Wirless Charging pad built on the center council, this might be capable for this.

DP
Hey, I didn't think my MY 2018 would get CarPlay, but that was a thing that happened ¯\(ツ)

CarKey seems like a fairly easy idea to implement if you have the hardware to support it---my key (and activity key/bracelet) has all of this technology already and does what CarKey does---how hard it is to transfer that to a phone?

We shall see!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts