Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the release of iOS 10 coming next week, I thought I'd share my experience as it relates to the F Pace ICTP....if you've been running the beta as well, chime in with your experience.

Everything seems to work just fine except for Bluetooth streaming. It will lose connection with the car anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes, causing me to have to wait a couple of minutes after it automatically switches sources so that my iPhone appears again.

iPhone 6S + running iOS 10 beta.

My wife's 6S running iOS 9 doesn't have this issue. Also, the workaround is for me to plug it in using the USB port in the car.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I'm running the beta on a 6s Plus and I'm not seeing issues with Bluetooth streaming at all. The only issue I have with Bluetooth is if I get out of the car with the phone get out of range and come back, it won't reconnect automatically. I need to force a reconnect. Sometimes it's as simple and clicking the phone in ICTP, but sometimes that doesn't work and I have to go to the iPhone turn off bluetooth and turn it back on.

I have seen some issues with InControl Apps on iOS 10, but I've been running 10 since before I got the car, so I can't say if they are any different than what people are seeing on iOS 9.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I could not resist (picture), I am running a bata version (nougat) on my BB Priv and everything works with the F-Pace. I will get a company I phone 7 with 2 weeks for testing. I am guessing that apple will have a fix or fixes by them.

Attachments

Reactions: bpmba and klimchuk

·
Super Moderator
1,865 Posts
Here is a question for everyone using an iPhone, when connected via BT with an ICTP does Siri still work? Can you use the microphone in your iPhone to respond to a text message received? I can't do either.

Met a guy with an F Pace diesel with ICT and Siri works just fine for him.

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Interestingly enough Siri works fine through Apple Watch in the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies everyone. I may wipe and restore my iPhone to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
No joy with Siri while Bluetooth connected. Although, I'm not into talking with her anyway she never understands me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an f-pace first addition. Bluetooth connects fine, the microphone works fine if doing a Google search but Siri doesn't work. It is extremely annoying. My VW up works perfectly.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
For those of you who are thinking about ICT, Siri works fine through the phone with ICT in the XF I had this past two weeks. It also worked fine with the iPhone 7 and IOS. My iPhone 7 has been working mostly fine with the FPace since I got it back although I did have one freeze up on the iPhone while playing music and a couple of music skips not sure if that could have been an issue with my restore on the 7 though.

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
There are already two point updates on IOS 10 as of last night. The first said something about fixing some Bluetooth issues. My 7 worked fine so far. (ICTP)

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
There are already two point updates on IOS 10 as of last night. The first said something about fixing some Bluetooth issues. My 7 worked fine so far. (ICTP)
Yes, I'm quoting myself to clarify something. When I first used my IPhone 7 with IOS 10.0.0 no joy with Bluetooth music at all. However today with 10.0.2 installed all works fine. There is still the glitch that if you are first on USB then go to BT you lose music access, phone functions work fine.

Regarding Siri, I spent a lot of time Googling various combinations of "using Siri in my car" this morning. Not much of help. I played around with some phone settings just to see if I could find some setting that would give direct Siri access through microphone and speaker of vehicle, zilch, no go.

I did spend some time sitting in a parking lot working with my Apple Watch. Using either "hey Siri" which seems to work on and off or pressing and holding the crown, which works every time, I was able to get Siri to:
1) Text message "send text message Call me to joe smith", press crown to send
2) Make a phone call through car "Call joe smith", calls through car
3) Play music of my choice "Play Phish", plays on vehicle system through BT
4) Pull up directions. Though it uses Apple Maps it only relays directions through the Watch. "Find route to Stevinson Imports on Broadway"
5) Read text messages

ICTP, first generation Apple Watch but Watch OS 3.0, phone: IPhone 7, IOS 10.0.2

PS: the first time I did some experimenting with "Hey Siri" I thought I had it licked and was getting a response through car. However I couldn't get volume to change and it was very low. Took me a while to realize I was activating my IPad sitting in my backpack not the vehicle or.

Reactions: tvn300

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here is a question for everyone using an iPhone, when connected via BT with an ICTP does Siri still work? Can you use the microphone in your iPhone to respond to a text message received? I can't do either.

Met a guy with an F Pace diesel with ICT and Siri works just fine for him.

When my Phone 7 is connected by USB cable, and the display "lock" is set to never, Siri responds to verbal commands through the car's microphone.

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
When my Phone 7 is connected by USB cable, and the display "lock" is set to never, Siri responds to verbal commands through the car's microphone.
mine seemed to stop doing this after ICTP 3.0x update but i need to experiment more

1 - 15 of 15 Posts