Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Southern California area and I was looking at local inventory. It looks like inventory is starting to accumulate. For the 8 dealers I looked at there was a total of 336 F-Pace in stock. I have been watching for the last month and the numbers especially in January are definitely going up. Maybe we will be able to get some better deals. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I live in the Southern California area and I was looking at local inventory. It looks like inventory is starting to accumulate. For the 8 dealers I looked at there was a total of 336 F-Pace in stock. I have been watching for the last month and the numbers especially in January are definitely going up. Maybe we will be able to get some better deals. :)
We have been discussing this the past several months. What matters is the "available" inventory. Most dealers have diesel units available. Most of the other cars are for preorders that show on the site anyway. Especially if you are looking for an R sport or an S.

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just because they show in inventory doesn't mean they aren't already sold/custom orders. In my dealer's case, every FPACE they receive - presold or not - shows up online. When I picked mine up, it showed something like 38 in inventory, but only 5 (or so) weren't actually spoken for.

We've already covered this on another thread, though I can't find it at the moment...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to a couple of the dealers(Jaguar San Diego and Jaguar Newport Beach) and they both said what they showed in inventory on the website they physically had in stock. Jaguar San Diego has 31 R-Sport and S in inventory on their site. I was down there this weekend and I saw at least a dozen on their lot plus they had another lot they were pulling from. Newport Beach has 9 of the White S model on their site with the exact same configuration on top of others they show in stock. I am sure that some of them are orders but there are R-Sport and S models available to purchase.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just because they show in inventory doesn't mean they aren't already sold/custom orders. In my dealer's case, every FPACE they receive - presold or not - shows up online. When I picked mine up, it showed something like 38 in inventory, but only 5 (or so) weren't actually spoken for.

We've already covered this on another thread, though I can't find it at the moment...
When did you pick yours up?

·
Registered
56 Posts
320 or so are probably 20d's

·
Registered
258 Posts
One thing I have noticed. If there is an actual picture of the car on the site it is more than likely available. If it is a stock photo chances are it is a preorder. There is no reason to take pics of a vehicle to post on the site when it is presold.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
184 Posts
One thing I have noticed. If there is an actual picture of the car on the site it is more than likely available. If it is a stock photo chances are it is a preorder. There is no reason to take pics of a vehicle to post on the site when it is presold.
This is correct.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just suggesting that maybe there is a little change going on now. Jaguar San Diego has 51 F-Pace listed on their site only 13 of them are 20d's. They have 21 S models. They only have two sets of actual pictures on their site but I was there last weekend and physically saw a dozen or more on their lot and they had more on another lot. Newport Beach has 56 F-Pace on their site and 23 are 20d's. They have 16 S models. As I said earlier 9 are S's with the exact same configuration but different VIN numbers with no pictures. What are the chances that 9 different people came in and ordered the exact same configuration(color and options).

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm just suggesting that maybe there is a little change going on now. Jaguar San Diego has 51 F-Pace listed on their site only 13 of them are 20d's. They have 21 S models. They only have two sets of actual pictures on their site but I was there last weekend and physically saw a dozen or more on their lot and they had more on another lot. Newport Beach has 56 F-Pace on their site and 23 are 20d's. They have 16 S models. As I said earlier 9 are S's with the exact same configuration but different VIN numbers with no pictures. What are the chances that 9 different people came in and ordered the exact same configuration(color and options).
Very good when the sales personnel are making the recommendations...LOL!!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I live in the Southern California area...
Me too. A ship must have come in recently; my local dealer has a bunch of F-Paces from their allocation (including the one which was supposed to be mine but they screwed up the engine spec!). They'll be able to sell them to folks who don't want to wait 4 months. My sales guy is unhappy that they got quite a few base models without nav; thinks everything else will sell easily...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Maybe it's just a Southern California thing. Anyone else seeing more inventory in their areas?
Yes...but very little actual availability in the midwest area. Especially for R Sport and S models.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Me too. A ship must have come in recently; my local dealer has a bunch of F-Paces from their allocation (including the one which was supposed to be mine but they screwed up the engine spec!). They'll be able to sell them to folks who don't want to wait 4 months. My sales guy is unhappy that they got quite a few base models without nav; thinks everything else will sell easily...
Mine was off-loaded from Hueneme on 1/17...now the challenge is getting it up I-5 over the Oregon/California border. There have been several road closures over the past week due to snow.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Maybe it's just a Southern California thing. Anyone else seeing more inventory in their areas?
My area just got 2 shipments; expecting 1 more. Don't know how
many that is total
Currently 20 fpace on site.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Does it stand to reason that smaller dealerships in obscure areas never seem to have more than 2-3 in stock and they are more of the lower line units... Nothing flashy or over 60K lets say...?
While dealers in larger metro areas have 20-30 in stock? I know in bigger cities, volume and sales dictate inventory, but what's my chances of picking up a reasonably well optioned R-Sport at a smaller (and more local...) dealership out of stock? Would anyone have any qualms about buying at one dealership and then having a closer more local dealer service it? Would they treat you as well, or make you 2nd priority and say be crappy about loaners or coming to get your car under warranty? Any good or bad experiences here? Thank you !

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does it stand to reason that smaller dealerships in obscure areas never seem to have more than 2-3 in stock and they are more of the lower line units... Nothing flashy or over 60K lets say...?
While dealers in larger metro areas have 20-30 in stock? I know in bigger cities, volume and sales dictate inventory, but what's my chances of picking up a reasonably well optioned R-Sport at a smaller (and more local...) dealership out of stock? Would anyone have any qualms about buying at one dealership and then having a closer more local dealer service it? Would they treat you as well, or make you 2nd priority and say be crappy about loaners or coming to get your car under warranty? Any good or bad experiences here? Thank you !
I just bought my F-Pace last Saturday. Drove over 60 miles to get it even though I have a dealership 5 miles away because it has all the options I wanted on it. I had looked at the dealership 5 miles away so they happened to call me this week asking me to come in so they could sell me a car. I told them I bought one and the first thing they said was to make sure I come to them for the service. The thing is most dealerships make more money off the service then selling you a car. The car sale is a one time thing but you come back for service many times.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Seeing available inventory at Stevinson in suburban Denver for the first time ever. Not many but a few available and even one included in their monthly specials email. Though they list a lot of F-Paces I'm 95% sure only the ones with pictures are actually available vs custom orders passing through system.

Reactions: StormGrey

·
Registered
286 Posts
Norwood near Boston has 79 on their inventory list
A closer one has 29
Amazing

·
Registered
932 Posts
Local dealers near me seem to have more inventory now too. I have a feeling it won't be too long before leasing incentives, rebates, etc. become available. At that point, dealers will start unloading inventory like never before and there will be a lot more FPs on the road. Not good for those of us who enjoy driving an uncommon vehicle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts