Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very underwhelmed by the color choices of the interior colors for the S type. They're all dark and UGLY. I mean what are the options let me see... a sad, sad ugly Brogue (brown) that's not very dark nor light and offers no contrast and doesn't compliment anything in the car at all. The bland black (Jet), very bland nothing interesting no accent... dull. And finally the Jet and Red Taurus leather which is the lesser evil of the three still looks horrible. Keep in mind I'm checking the "Build your car" option on the website so they might look better but still I prefer the non-S Trim options where you get at least an option to choose a light color and a dark color (at least something).

Am I getting something wrong here? Why limit interior colors when the car is the same? Is there a work around or should I stick to the non-S type to get the interior color I prefer?

Btw, I'm not trying to dis the car I'm actually planning to buy one. It's just the interior design options are my biggest let down.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm very underwhelmed by the color choices of the interior colors for the S type. They're all dark and UGLY. I mean what are the options let me see... a sad, sad ugly Brogue (brown) that's not very dark nor light and offers no contrast and doesn't compliment anything in the car at all. The bland black (Jet), very bland nothing interesting no accent... dull. And finally the Jet and Red Taurus leather which is the lesser evil of the three still looks horrible. Keep in mind I'm checking the "Build your car" option on the website so they might look better but still I prefer the non-S Trim options where you get at least an option to choose a light color and a dark color (at least something).

Am I getting something wrong here? Why limit interior colors when the car is the same? Is there a work around or should I stick to the non-S type to get the interior color I prefer?

Btw, I'm not trying to dis the car I'm actually planning to buy one. It's just the interior design options are my biggest let down.
The 2018 FP S will have an additional interior option. A black and white combination. I was hoping the grey interior with the lime stitching would be available on the 18 FP but it is not. So I am sticking with the 17 R Sport in Tempest Grey and the Grey interior with the lime stitching that I ordered a few months back. It reached the port of Baltimore early this morning so I should have it in a week to 10 days.

My present Storm Grey R Sport has the Jet interior which seems to me to get dirty just by looking at it.

If you have a chance go and see this interior. My wife thinks it is the best interior option they offer. It really does look phenomenal. It is only available on the R Sport however.

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
66 Posts

This is why I opted for the Prestige model ?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Snapshot of the new S interior from the UK site. Agree that it would have been nice to have some additional options. That said, not sure I would have chosen this option if it was available.

Attachments

Reactions: StormGrey

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
If the *40-Hp* difference is NO Big Deal to you , then some people on here have said that is you get a Loaded R-Sport (Including the Adaptive Dynamics) , then you will pretty much have an *S* model , but you will get a little more selection on Interior Colors ! Some people like the R-Sport Black/Red Interior over the *S* Red/Black Interior , because it has Less Red ! Which is what it looks like they have done for the 2018 New White/Black Interior , they just reversed the colors from this years R-Sport Black/White Interior ! We have the ALL Jet (Black) Interior w/White stitching , and the Dark Headliner , and we feel it gives the vehicle a very LUXURIOUS SOPHISTICATED feel compared to the other colors ! Some people prefer a Brighter Lighter Interior ! Another thing I like about the ALL Black Interior or the Grey Oyster Interior , is that ALL Plastic and Leather materials are the SAME color (Including the Dash & Door Panels & Arm Rests & Center Console) EVERYTHING !!! This of course , is just my opinion , and a personal preference ! If we get another one , it will most likely be a *BRG* with *Grey OYSTER* Interior !
Have A Great Day , and HAPPY HUNTING !!! :)

Reactions: baherrick

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have the red and black, and it looks great. But if you don't like a sporty interior, or one that stands out from the pack and attracts attention, then it wouldn't be for you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the red and black, and it looks great. But if you don't like a sporty interior, or one that stands out from the pack and attracts attention, then it wouldn't be for you.
No, I want interior that stands out. I just dislike ugly ones.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Agree. I'm not fond of the wood either. Several people have expressed their surprise to see that Jaguar uses plastic instead of the real thing. I tell them it is real but I've seen better looking plastic than the redline myself.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have an S with the Jet Black Interior with the white stitching and black headliner. No wood, went with the standard Aluminum Mesh. Exterior is Rhodium Silver. For some this might be to plain but I like the very modern clean appearance and the contrast with the exterior.

I have owned the vehicle for about six months and still get asked about it regularly and stared at constantly on the road or in a parking lot. No matter which colour you choose, it is a stunning design inside and out.

I agree though that the interior choices are limited in fact more limited than the R which is very odd because as I and others have commented before usually as you go up the model range the choices become more not less.

As commented the red with black inserts is to much red for me. Had it been the reverse as in the R, I might have selected that combo. Also I might have selected the taupe with lime green stitching and likely Ammonite Grey for the exterior had it been available in the S.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm very underwhelmed by the color choices of the interior colors for the S type.
Agree with you 100%. I would have loved to be able to get the tan from the brochure (supposed to be available next year but only on the Portfolio trim). Would also love sand or tan carpeting to brighten the interior so more too. Wish they copied Land Rover more on some of the interior design bits and bobs.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
yeah, between ugly brogue interior and that nasty, hideous aintree green (sometimes called racing green but ugly still) exterior, I'd avoid the car altogether or wait for 2019.

Reactions: Caymus and GRVR

·
Registered
188 Posts
Agree, wish the red/black interior was more black less red. Good luck trying to ever sell that!

I have brogue interior and have gotten numerous compliments on it. I think it looks "richer" in person than it shows in photos.

But overall, you're not buying an F-Pace for its interior--it's pretty cheap even at highest trim levels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a BRG S with the Jet/Red interior and gloss black finishes; I personally love it. There is really no good way to show on camera, the real red is somewhere between the burgundy that you see in the configurator and the Ferrari Red that seems to show in the pictures. I was worried about the choice right up until the moment I took delivery.

The hint of red that shows from the outside is quite striking. The contrast with the BRG and black/black exterior looks a good IMHO.

Apologies for the potato quality but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts

Its a little extreme to call the interior colors of the S ugly and horrible. You might want to actually go out and physically look at the different colors rather than just looking at them on the website. I have the Ammonite grey exterior with the jet black interior I like the contrast between the two. As GRVR mentioned earlier the jet black with the contrast stitching blends well with the interior of the car and gives it an overall sophisticated look. I was concerned about the lighter color showing dirt over a long period of time especially since I have kids that will be riding in the back.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Its a little extreme to call the interior colors of the S ugly and horrible. You might want to actually go out and physically look at the different colors rather than just looking at them on the website. I have the Ammonite grey exterior with the jet black interior I like the contrast between the two. As GRVR mentioned earlier the jet black with the contrast stitching blends well with the interior of the car and gives it an overall sophisticated look. I was concerned about the lighter color showing dirt over a long period of time especially since I have kids that will be riding in the back.
Thanks baherrick !!! I will also add that , it is not only kids or pets you have to worry about on the Light Colored Seats , I have heard many times on here , how some people have had the Blue from there Jeans , turn the seat blueish ! They say it scrubs out , but I'm glad I don't have to worry about that !

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I have a BRG S with the Jet/Red interior and gloss black finishes; I personally love it. There is really no good way to show on camera, the real red is somewhere between the burgundy that you see in the configurator and the Ferrari Red that seems to show in the pictures. I was worried about the choice right up until the moment I took delivery.

The hint of red that shows from the outside is quite striking. The contrast with the BRG and black/black exterior looks a good IMHO.

Hey bendobe !
I'm not sure I could sleep good at night , if I knew all those bikes were hanging over my F-Pace !!! ;)
However , it looks like that garage is FULL of all kinds of FUN stuff to do !!! >:)
Nice Looking F-Pace , BTW !!! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I didn't know BRG exterior would look this good, especially in shades. Yes, it surprisingly look much better than on the website. Beautiful baby you got there. :)

This is what I was suspecting. Because from the video reviews I've watched the interior looks much better, I think the website doesn't give the interior options any justice. However, the limited options for the S trim is just unreasonable. Any idea if 2018 would offer more interior color options? I really love Jaguar and I love everything about this car, only the interior color options making me look at Porsche Macan and considering it instead.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If interior is much more important than exterior, then I think the Macan is a good choice. I tried to like the Macan exterior....tried and tried and tried....but there is simply nothing special or attractive about it IMO. It is not ugly, it is simply ehhh.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I didn't know BRG exterior would look this good, especially in shades. Yes, it surprisingly look much better than on the website. Beautiful baby you got there. :)

This is what I was suspecting. Because from the video reviews I've watched the interior looks much better, I think the website doesn't give the interior options any justice. However, the limited options for the S trim is just unreasonable. Any idea if 2018 would offer more interior color options? I really love Jaguar and I love everything about this car, only the interior color options making me look at Porsche Macan and considering it instead.

Any day now the US version of 2018 configurator should come online and will reveal what's available for 2018 on interiors, in the meantime I suspect a sales rep at a decent dealership might be able to give you a preview idea of what's going to be available. One more consideration F Pace v Macan is interior room and interior load capacity if those things are important.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If interior is much more important than exterior, then I think the Macan is a good choice. I tried to like the Macan exterior....tried and tried and tried....but there is simply nothing special or attractive about it IMO. It is not ugly, it is simply ehhh.
To be fair, it's complicated. I seriously want to buy Jaguar F Pace, I definitely love the way it looks a lot more than the Macan. I guess this post I've created only to cry out about my only let down, the lack of interior options. I was thinking maybe the community can help me think otherwise (like that Jet/Red BRG combo mentioned above) or probably I was hoping maybe 2018 would offer more options? Because I am going to get the 2018 model anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts