Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed the difference between the colors of the ebony/pimento option for the R-Sport on the build website and what is actually in the new vehicle? The website shows more of a subdued/darker red and the pictures I've seen it of new vehicles its actually really bright and loud. Dose anyone have any comments on this or is just way the pictures make it look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the difference between the colors of the ebony/pimento option for the R-Sport on the build website and what is actually in the new vehicle? The website shows more of a subdued/darker red and the pictures I've seen it of new vehicles its actually really bright and loud. Dose anyone have any comments on this or is just way the pictures make it look.
The pictures posted by owners tend to be a little more washed out, not accurately displaying the red color.

That said, you're not wrong. The website makes it look far more subdued and easier to live with. IRL, the red is still bold (if less than pictures) and quite boy-racer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pictures posted by owners tend to be a little more washed out, not accurately displaying the red color.

That said, you're not wrong. The website makes it look far more subdued and easier to live with. IRL, the red is still bold (if less than pictures) and quite boy-racer.
That's what I was afraid of. I did go with the ebony/pimento as I liked the contrast that it appeared to have on the build site. But if its close to being this bold, it might be hard to swallow.

·
Administrator
1,974 Posts
It's funny but the interior of my Lexus which is called "Merlot" is almost exactly the same as what is shown on the JLR web site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To confim - in the flesh, it is definitely a bold, bright red and NOT as depicted on the website - that is quite misleading.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
It's funny but the interior of my Lexus which is called "Merlot" is almost exactly the same as what is shown on the JLR web site.
Yeah for as much as I don't particularly like Lexus, they do know what their target demographic wants - and it's not bright red seats. :)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
We are glad we went and seen this on a vehicle before making a decision. It was fairly stark red... if you like it.. great ! but it was way to red for us. We also seen the Jet oyster combo and found that sporty, but much more appealing..... When you are spending this kind of money and making decisions, you owe it to yourself to go see as much as you can in person....

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have this combination and really love it. It gives a true sporty look to the interior
I agree it does up the sportiness of it, but my wife .....not sure if she will appreciate the bright apple red as MGluck put it

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I agree it does up the sportiness of it, but my wife .....not sure if she will appreciate the bright apple red as MGluck put it
You're darn right "it does up the sportiness" , and the *ATTITUDE* as well !!! ;)

If you are afraid of what your wife might think , just follow these steps !
1. You get in the Drivers Seat , and her in the Passengers Seat
2. Then you reach over and grab her hand
3. Then lean over , give her a SMOOCH , and say *PARTY TIME BABY*. . . . . and then HIT THE GAS !!! >:)

She won't even remember the color of the seats , once she sees what a *HUBBA HUBBA HUBBY* this car has turned you into !!!>:);)>:):D>:):)>:)

Reactions: Gaetyn

·
Registered
932 Posts
Red is becoming an increasingly popular interior choice for high end cars. Just last night I saw a Rolls and Lambo, both of which had red interiors.

Jaguar did it right by offering a two-toned red interior. Makes the car stand out in a sea of black interiors and complements the sporty nature and red calipers of the S. It’s especially a good move if Jaguar wants to shake its “old man” image.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Red is becoming an increasingly popular interior choice for high end cars. Just last night I saw a Rolls and Lambo, both of which had red interiors.

Jaguar did it right by offering a two-toned red interior. Makes the car stand out in a sea of black interiors and complements the sporty nature and red calipers of the S. It’s especially a good move if Jaguar wants to shake its “old man” image.
There is red toned and there is RED

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I also don't like the accent color on the OUTSIDE of the seats on the S models... When the red or the oyster is framed in black it is a little more palatable.... But when that RED is on the outside it is just WAY too much .... my opinion only....

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
It appears the OP is ordering an *R-Sport* , so his RED will be on the INSIDE of the seat cushions , as his pictures show !!!
Just don't want there to be any confusion as to what interior is being discussed in this thread !!!;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Red leather interiors on British cars like Jaguar and German makes (e.g. Audi / BMW / MB) are classic and have been available for decades; just not always in North America where tastes lean to the conservative side in general - (e.g. black on black; grey on black, silver on black). People are scared of color in N.A.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Red leather interiors on British cars like Jaguar and German makes (e.g. Audi / BMW / MB) are classic and have been available for decades; just not always in North America where tastes lean to the conservative side in general - (e.g. black on black; grey on black, silver on black). People are scared of color in N.A.
There is color and there is COLOR

I consider burgundy or subtler hues very desirable, but screaming-at-me red is anything by classic or classy. Not saying it is classless, but I hardly see how red that burns your retinas speaks to luxury or class.

I may be wrong when I ask this next question, but tell me what other luxury sedan or luxury SUV has interior leather close to this level of redness? I do not even think the BMW M's or MB AMG's have this bright red option. Again, I may be wrong, but I have never seen it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Your comment underscores my point that in NA everyone is very conservative about color..."burgundy or subtler hues very desirable"...And I completely disagree with your opinion on classy or classic. Google is your friend. Lots of scarlet red leather to be found both historically and on modern offerings from...Audi, MB, Toyota, Corvette, Honda+++. And those were found with absolute minimal effort.

I think it's great that Jaguar is daring and offers the bright red leather.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That shade of red screams 80's plastic toys to me. I can't speak for millennials, being Gen X myself, but I don't think young people want that shade in their cars, for the most part. I'm glad I went with brogue, although I would have been THRILLED with a saddle brown instead of the darker shade. I wish there were more color choices, period. Not to demean anyone else's choice; it's just not for me. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
932 Posts
That shade of red screams 80's plastic toys to me. I can't speak for millennials, being Gen X myself, but I don't think young people want that shade in their cars, for the most part. I'm glad I went with brogue, although I would have been THRILLED with a saddle brown instead of the darker shade. I wish there were more color choices, period. Not to demean anyone else's choice; it's just not for me. Different strokes for different folks.
As we all know, the F-Pace was patterned after Jaguar's sport coupe, the F-Type. So the car (in particular, the S model, with the red calipers, body kit, etc.) was intended to exemplify sport and performance. And that is why bright red is a PERFECT fit.

In my opinion, a brown or tan interior has Lexus ES written all over it. There’s nothing at all wrong with a Lexus ES. It’s a well-built, reliable vehicle. But it conjures up images of a very different buyer than someone who buys a sports-inspired car.

As I said in an earlier post, red interiors are very popular in ultra-luxury vehicles. It’s eye catching and has a “wow factor” that a tan interior, for example, doesn’t have. That is why it’s so popular.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts