Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just spoke with my local Jaguar dealer to check on this. But he said they couldn't install as it needs Touch control dashboard in my vehicle. Does anyone in the forum has tried installing the Apple car play on the same model before? Please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Amar0259 it depends on the packages you have. You need to have the ICTP System which normally comes with the Technology Package. If you have ICT and not ICTP, you can't get Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

You can tell the difference mostly by the screen above the center stack. If it is a bigger screen without buttons on the right and left side of the screen it should be ICTP. If the screen has buttons on the left and right side its ICT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amar0259 it depends on the packages you have. You need to have the ICTP System which normally comes with the Technology Package. If you have ICT and not ICTP, you can't get Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

You can tell the difference mostly by the screen above the center stack. If it is a bigger screen without buttons on the right and left side of the screen it should be ICTP. If the screen has buttons on the left and right side its ICT.
Oh thank you. Then I think mine is ICT. I have buttons on the left and right side of the screen.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Amar0259
From what I'm aware of that means you can't have Apple Car Play or Android Auto as of now. I've heard rumors that Jag may be thinking about doing something about that, but they are only rumors on this board and others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I bought a 2017 Portfolio model yesterday and just joined in. Sorry my ignorance, my car has the larger Touch Pro screen, does this mean I can get Apple Play?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all, I bought a 2017 Portfolio model yesterday and just joined in. Sorry my ignorance, my car has the larger Touch Pro screen, does this mean I can get Apple Play?
Hi Ozz,
please talk to your local dealer on this and give your VIN number. But i think according to your question it looks like you are eligible for it. But please do double check with dealer.

·
Registered
981 Posts
In the US, yes. In the Netherlands, I don’t know.
Each country and region have different rules and procedures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the replies gentlemen, I'll check with the dealer.
I have opened a thread for it but do you have any idea, what might be the reason that I cannot see Software Update menu at all on All settings menu?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got a 2016 with ICTP but was told by the dealer it cannot be upgraded as it only has USB ports in the centre console and doesn’t have the SIM or HDMI. Apparently the SIM slot is required.

·
Registered
8 Posts
See the two posts I just added. Sorry if I put it in the wrong place, I'm new to the forum.

This Post and the one that follows.

Anybody have any thoughts or experience?? Cost = about $750 US

1 - 14 of 14 Posts