Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the stainless steel inner door sill scuff plates? For a set of 4, they can be found on ebay, amazon etc. for under $100. My kids are marking up the plastic sill molding after a month of use already, I know it will look bad soon!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Search Amazon for X-pel. Clear protective film and easy enough to install.

XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit $21.95.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Can that be used on the plastic too?
I had XPel installed on my cargo area sill plate and my bumper for when my dog jumps in and out. My installer said it won't adhere well to plastic as it tends to peel off easily. I'm no expert just what my installer told me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had XPel installed on my cargo area sill plate and my bumper for when my dog jumps in and out. My installer said it won't adhere well to plastic as it tends to peel off easily. I'm no expert just what my installer told me.
How's it holding up so far?

·
Registered
536 Posts
How's it holding up so far?
It's only been about a month but so far so good. I put it on the perfect place because I have a blanket in the trunk so I put it over the sill plates and bumper before he jumps in but when I open the rear hatch I can't stop him from jumping out and he steps right on the scuff plates and bumper that is covered. The good thing about XPel is even if it gets scratched you can heat it up and the scratches go away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts