Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been curious about whether JLR will actually produce their inline 6 Ingenium engines given Jaguar's stated move into electric vehicles. A post today about a "30d" (in Canada) got my hopes up but it looks like that is a typo.
Anyway, a web search did spot this article from TopSpeed in early August and I don't recall mention of it in the forums:
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/jaguar-will-drop-its-v-8-engines-to-make-room-for-an-inline-six-with-electric-turbo-ar182086.html
The gist is that the V6 (and V8?) is going away in favor of I6 engines, presumably of the Ingenium flavor. Not sure if they are only going into new models though...

Reactions: BeachBum

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Since it's already being sold in a UK variant of the Range Rover Sport it seems like it could be available soon in other models.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Seems like the plan for all of their cars/suvs in the 350 to 400 hp range other than the SVR V8 variant which we haven't really heard about other than the BMW Twin Turbo V8 option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i6 apparently won’t fit in the revised XF, leaving us brits only a choice of 4pot bangers. How depressing. 😩

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar XF 3.0L
15 Posts
Lucky enough to have '20 RR Sport with the 355-hp i6tt as my XF loaner..

Great engine after about 2.5 seconds of go-pedal mashing.

Despite a super charger in advance of the turbos, I was struck at how belated the response was when Scotty is called upon for more power..

But once the engine gets blowin', hang on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts