Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced this problem? My F-Pace R-Sport was in my possession for less than 24 hours and the sound went completely dead. No phone, no radio, no navigation. Since then, the car has been at the dealership all week. The latest thought is the amp is the problem.?.?
The dealership is discussing replacing the car?? Any suggestions.

·
Administrator
1,973 Posts
There are a myriad of problems discussed about ICTP. Look at the sticky under electronics. There are firmware updates available. The threads are endless please refer to them. There are so many references to TOPix and the fixes that are offered. Let your dealer know about them. If they are unaware of them then find another dealer, These issues have been around since the vehicle first came out. Patches are available to correct most issues.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone else experienced this problem? My F-Pace R-Sport was in my possession for less than 24 hours and the sound went completely dead. No phone, no radio, no navigation. Since then, the car has been at the dealership all week. The latest thought is the amp is the problem.?.?
I'm laughing at this because when I picked mine up back in September, I drove home without any sound and thought I screwed something up. What Ken said is correct. Your car sounds like it was delivered with old firmware which is a problem in itself. You need the ICTP 2.5 updates with the 3.0 patches. Or something like that. They really said they wanted to replace the car? I agree. Find another dealer to service your car...

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Uh, if they want to replace the car, free of charge, then by all means! Who wouldn't want a brand new car that hopefully has most of the issues already fixed.

Now if you dont want to do that then I would follow what others have said, there are countless threads on ICTP and the updates available to it.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Curious, when did you take delivery of your F-Pace?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you special order the vehicle or buy it off the lot? If you bought it off the lot the may have not done the software upgrades. If you special ordered it and it just came in I would not be happy.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
As important as all of the above questions; what country are you in?

·
Banned
298 Posts
Did you special order the vehicle or buy it off the lot? If you bought it off the lot the may have not done the software upgrades. If you special ordered it and it just came in I would not be happy.
Good question - BUT, even if this was a lot car, does not Jaguar's procedures call for updating software & clearing any recalls/TSB's before delivering to customers? Standard practice in the car biz.

Reactions: Okie

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Good question - BUT, even if this was a lot car, does not Jaguar's procedures call for updating software & clearing any recalls/TSB's before delivering to customers? Standard practice in the car biz.
Nope, I've talked to my SA and he said unless the car owner complains after they take ownership they aren't doing any ICTP updates. The newer ones also come with the updates so it depends when the build date it, but no they dont update ICTP.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Nope, I've talked to my SA and he said unless the car owner complains after they take ownership they aren't doing any ICTP updates. The newer ones also come with the updates so it depends when the build date it, but no they dont update ICTP.
Wow, that is amazing especially considering I don't see how it possible that any dealer in the county has not seen the ICTP issues in their service dept. Some like the poster above, who drove off the lot with a brand new FP with no sound. How can JLR let this happen? They KNOW the early versions have many issues/bugs, **** every car mag has reported on it( and they must have stacks of warranty bills)- but they let a new owner drive off without giving a dam. Does not give me a good feeling about the company. Anyway another great reason to pay a extra $1K and wait for the 2018.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Wow, that is amazing especially considering I don't see how it possible that any dealer in the county has not seen the ICTP issues in their service dept. Some like the poster above, who drove off the lot with a brand new FP with no sound. How can JLR let this happen? They KNOW the early versions have many issues/bugs, **** every car mag has reported on it( and they must have stacks of warranty bills)- but they let a new owner drive off without giving a dam. Does not give me a good feeling about the company. Anyway another great reason to pay a extra $1K and wait for the 2018.
It is NOT Jaguar, it's a dealer completely lying to customer. The Topix postings could not be clearer or more explicit; DEALERS ARE REQUIRED TO HOLD VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY UNTIL ALL THE FIELD ACTIONS HAVE BEEN DONE EXPLICITLY INCLUDING ICTP UPDATES. The ICTP notices state this repeatedly.

Reactions: StormGrey and Okie

·
Banned
298 Posts
It is NOT Jaguar, it's a dealer completely lying to customer. The Topix postings could not be clearer or more explicit; DEALERS ARE REQUIRED TO HOLD VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY UNTIL ALL THE FIELD ACTIONS HAVE BEEN DONE EXPLICITLY INCLUDING ICTP UPDATES. The ICTP notices state this repeatedly.
Ok, Then how does this keep happening? I am not bashing - but have read posts by numerous new owners over past several months ( since major update) of ICTP issues, So there are dealers around the country not following protocol. Just as laws require law enforcement, how does Jaguar enforce their policies? Frankly nice to say Jag EXPLICITLY requires all filed actions be done - but OBVIOUSLY that is not the case? What I find fishy, is that if a dealer disregards the requirement to follow the "rules" & the poor new owner of a $60,000 + luxury car has to make return visits to that dealers service dept to resolve what should have been done before delivery- I am SURE that dealer is putting in a warranty claim for the work. How can Jaguar not see this? Or are they ignoring it? Is the protocol a paper tiger? As with any product, a dealer represents the company. But if what you are saying is correct - sounds like a big disconnect between Jag & it's dealers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My service department won't do the updates until Jaguar gets it right. They have done it on 7 FPs and all of them have fried the module during updating and required a whole new ICTP system. My SA showed me the Topix campaign for it but said they would like to wait because it becomes a huge job to fix when it screws up.

Last I heard Jag was coming up with a fix for the fix, which could be the 3.0 patches everyone is talking about.
Knowing this, I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers purposely left the old systems as is on inventory...save them time and trouble even if they aren't supposed to do that.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Whoa Whoa Whoa , VZX !!! CALM DOWN Fella !!! CALM DOWN !!!
I don't think *GR* can ever recall seeing so many *CAPS* being thrown down by you !!! >:)
You need to just RELAX a little bit !!! Go do some Hiking , or Biking , or Skiing !!!
Just don't forget to take your *ACTIVITY KEY* with you buddy !!! ;)

·
Banned
298 Posts
My service department won't do the updates until Jaguar gets it right. They have done it on 7 FPs and all of them have fried the module during updating and required a whole new ICTP system. My SA showed me the Topix campaign for it but said they would like to wait because it becomes a huge job to fix when it screws up.

Last I heard Jag was coming up with a fix for the fix, which could be the 3.0 patches everyone is talking about.
Knowing this, I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers purposely left the old systems as is on inventory...save them time and trouble even if they aren't supposed to do that.
Then given that the FPace is coming up on a year since release - "Houston we have a problem".

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would find a new dealer yesterday because that is BS!

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
258 Posts

Once again that is more BS. I am guessing the service department has no clue what they are doing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Then given that the FPace is coming up on a year since release - "Houston we have a problem".
The problem is the individual dealers. My dealer received 10 cars when my 2nd FP came is last week. Not one of the cars that had ICTP needed the update. They did the PDI on my car in 2.5 hours. I have had my car for 6 days and not experienced one problem with the ICTP.

·
Banned
298 Posts
The problem is the individual dealers. My dealer received 10 cars when my 2nd FP came is last week. Not one of the cars that had ICTP needed the update. They did the PDI on my car in 2.5 hours. I have had my car for 6 days and not experienced one problem with the ICTP.
Understand, and glad yours is updated & good. I am guessing that the majority of the complaints being made are lot cars that have not been updated.But as mentioned earlier right in this thread apparently there are dealers who have bricked the ICTP doing the update so are selling them without updating. But that certainly does not solve anything.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It could also be as simple as "we don't get paid labor hours by Jag to do this PDI" But " We get paid warranty time when customer requests it"
I have seen this to be the case on other forums....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts