Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I eagerly tried out the InControl Route Planner functionality with disappointing results. I entered a destination on the iPhone app and then entered the FP. A screen popped up saying a route was being pushed from my iPhone, but the center screen in the FP was jerking around and I was not able to accept or reject the address. I had to turn the car off and on to clear the screen.

Anyone else have this issue? Hoping there is a bug fix. I did not ask my dealer if they flashed all the software updates before delivery. That is my next call.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't seem to get that far. My phone app keeps saying no connected car? Can't figure out where to connect or register it in the car? Any help is appreciated. Sounds like you cracked that code. I'm sure it's something simple!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem here. It is not possible to add my car to my profile. And (therefore?) not possible to find a car when using the app. Driving me crazy. Probably just a little bug. But where and what to do about it. Dealer no help. Jaguar did s bad job when it comes to in control touch pro. ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here. Remote is installed by dealer and works. But route doesn't work since car can't be added to profile. Look at uk page. Same problem namely bad software engineers in combination with bad costumer information and untrained dealers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Prerequisite check:

Ensure you have the incontrol PRO ( the big screen one) The reason is the route planner does not work with the standard incontrol ( the small screen with dedicated buttons).

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you look at the Android app, there is LOTs of very negative feedback about how this system interfaces (or doesn't) with Android. I hope iphone is better.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Apple Apps Store reviews equally scathing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats. Obviously the bug occurs under certain circumstances only.

Are there guys among us that HAD that problem a where able to solve it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I followed the set-up instructions in the InControl Setup Guide brochure that came with the car. Had no problems getting the car set-up.
Do you mean did you try Incontrol route planner and it worked? Remote app and incontrol apps are working for me but not route planner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I eagerly tried out the InControl Route Planner functionality with disappointing results. I entered a destination on the iPhone app and then entered the FP. A screen popped up saying a route was being pushed from my iPhone, but the center screen in the FP was jerking around and I was not able to accept or reject the address. I had to turn the car off and on to clear the screen.

Anyone else have this issue? Hoping there is a bug fix. I did not ask my dealer if they flashed all the software updates before delivery. That is my next call.
Just got my route planner up and running since I just got the mobile data working. Was able to create a route on my phone app and then I had the same problem with the car. ICTP said there was a route to sync but the screen was jumping up and down and I could neither accept nor ignore. I will be hitting up my dealer with this one.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
So, should our F Paces have complimentary 3G internet? I can't remember seeing what to expect. Ran into the same problem of not being connected to Internet when trying to set this up.

Gets **** hot in the car without it running and I hate idling.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
I recall deal is three months of free ATT 3G service then u pay.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So, should our F Paces have complimentary 3G internet? I can't remember seeing what to expect. Ran into the same problem of not being connected to Internet when trying to set this up.

Gets **** hot in the car without it running and I hate idling.
Comes with a 3 month AT&T free trial. After 5 days of waiting for free trial to be set up I gave up and went to T-Mobile and got a SIM card from them. Worked instantly. I did speak with Jaguar numerous times and was informed by Paul, who put me on hold to check, that the vehicle was only TESTED with ATT. I asked him if he wanted me to call him back after I tested it. It works like a charm.

The ICPT has numerous other issues. Bringing it in Tuesday to have it looked at.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Figured out I needed to actually "enable" 3G connectivity today in the ICTP. Did that. Still no internet. Emailing SA to have him email the rep taking care of these.

Besides the Route Planner, what are the other features of having internet connectivity- knowing that the remote app is separate?

Route Planner (cool!)
Traffic (nifty, would love to see it activated first)
Web Browsing (seriously? No)
...?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my route planner up and running since I just got the mobile data working. Was able to create a route on my phone app and then I had the same problem with the car. ICTP said there was a route to sync but the screen was jumping up and down and I could neither accept nor ignore. I will be hitting up my dealer with this one.
Have exactly same problem.
I have no 3G (sim card not working) but car connects to home wifi in garage.
It gets the route from iphone but then the screen freezes.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
So the all keeps saying there are no vehicles on our account but I can't seem to find the spot to add it through the web interface. Has anyone done this successfully?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts