Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
There are 4 apps available for the F Pace Remote, Apps, Route and Just Drive that I know of. With the exception of Just Drive I know they all work with ICTP. I do not think they work with ICT.

Here is a link that may help.

InControl FAQ's

Just Drive App is recognized by the car but it come up with a message saying it is not supported.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They better work in ICT - that's the only reason I ordered the Nav pack on my Premium!

·
Registered
113 Posts
In-Control Apps works with ICT. However, its utility is very limited because not many apps work with it (e.g. not Waze). I believe that's an issue regardless of whether you have ICT or ICTP. The calendar app is decent - nice to be able to see my calendar on the car's screen. However, the phone has to be plugged in with the app open, so I pretty much never use it.

In Control remote is excellent. I use the remote start frequently, remote locking/unlocking occasionally, and I like seeing the Journeys data.

·
F Pace Expert
2,660 Posts
Jaguar should build the break in period into one of their apps. Imagine a stern British voice saying "Excuse me, you are still within the break in period, please slow down and take the vehicle out of dynamic mode" ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
In-Control Apps works with ICT. However, its utility is very limited because not many apps work with it (e.g. not Waze).
Absence of Waze has something to do with Google. It's not in Apple Car either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there something i am missing, in my case when I select InControl Apps on the dashboard i get the following...

"InControl Apps not supported, Contact Jaguar USA"

How does this work for you guys ????

·
F Pace Expert
2,660 Posts
From Jaguar F-Pace US brochure pages 47 and 49:

InControl Touch:

"Optional Features:
- InControl Apps: features a range of Jaguar approved apps that can be connected to the car from your smartphone. It ensures the safe and convenient use of these apps that have been optimized specifically to enhance aspects of your in-car experience."

I'm not sure you're missing much. From everyone's reports the apps are very very limited

Note: same page 47, lists InControl Remote and InControl Protect as standard features of InControl Touch. "InControl Remote and Protect: consists of SOS Emergency Call, Jaguar Optimized Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator and Remote smartphone app."

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find the available apps a little disappointing. MyRadio I find a little glitchy compared to Rad.io or iheart. Spotify would be a good addition.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Oh wow. Glad to see this. Spotify was something the Volvo had that I wish jag had. Glad to see that they are working on adding usability and improving on ICTP.

·
Registered
225 Posts
So I have a bad habit of misplacing my keys and wallet at home and regularly have to waste time searching for them when I leave the house. So I was given Tile, one for my keys and one for my wallet.

I was excited when I remembered Tile was one of the few apps offering integration via InControl Apps. It's a great idea too--you can mark various items as "essentials" and the Tile app will notify you if you don't have the on you(I.e. You forgot your wallet). In practice the implementation is disappointing, because you can't just launch InControl Apps, you actually have to launch the Tile program after that, then it will tell you if you forgot something. Which, if you can remember to launch the app, you'd think you would then remember to make sure you had everything you need.

It appears InControl Apps are still worthless. :(

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
InControl Protect and InControl Remote are standard on all vehicles. InControl Apps start as a standard feature on the Prestige model and up. InControl Apps can be added on Premium and below as part of a $500 package which includes Navigation and the multi-function steering wheel.

From my perspective the InControl Apps are not worth the money or should I say they are worthless. So depending on the model and or packages you order will determine what you get. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I actually reinstalled the incontrol app just to see if anything has changed since I last launched it (9 months ago) and I noticed some cosmetic UI changes. Anyways, I really just wanted to try out Spotify and although it doesn't look aesthetically better than Spotify on CarPlay, it actually works much better. The layout of the home screen, playlists and discovery is much better here than on CarPlay.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is there a way to disable the InControl apps on the ICT? After the latest Verizon update it now triggers an error message every time I plug in the USB to charge.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I actually reinstalled the incontrol app just to see if anything has changed since I last launched it (9 months ago) and I noticed some cosmetic UI changes. Anyways, I really just wanted to try out Spotify and although it doesn't look aesthetically better than Spotify on CarPlay, it actually works much better. The layout of the home screen, playlists and discovery is much better here than on CarPlay.
How is it to use, though? Have not fired it up in weeks, but last time I did, incontrol apps were so slow and laggy they were unusable.

If there's been an update so that it is no longer a steaming pile of garbage, I will try again ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
One thing I couldn't figure out how to do in the Spotify InControl app, which is trivial to do on the Spotify phone app, is see/scroll through the list of songs on a chosen playlist. I might just be doing something wrong, though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It works pretty well. It's not laggy on mine and the UI changed a bit. The only thing it is missing is being able to view the list of songs from a playlist. If it had that, it would be complete.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts