Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not needed a car for the past 6ish years while living in Manhattan, but my wife and I are moving to Pittsburgh shortly and the F Pace has thoroughly captured my attention.

Any advice is appreciated - from models & packages (technology upgrade worth it?) to additional deal points I should push for from the dealership (added maintenance? extended warranty?). Has anyone been successful with specific asks when ordering a new build through a dealer?

I've spec'd out the following build online - let me know if you think anything is superfluous. Thanks!

- 3.0L V6 380 HP Supercharged F-Pace S
- Glacier White w/ Sliding Panoramic, Black Roof Rails & 20" Blade 5 Spoke Wheels
- Black Package
- Infotainment Heads up Display
- Driver Assistance Package
- Technology Package
- Protection Package (cargo nets & liner)

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
That's a great vehicle you have configured. My perennial suggestion is thrown in trailer hitch and activity key which are reasonable upfront, unavailable or very pricey later. Good for resale and you might find you want both someday.

I think technology pack is totally worth it. Mine works well and I love the digital dash.

One final thought, with all the spectacular colors, except BRG which is bland and no one likes it, consider stepping out into something more daring than white.

There are a ton of threads similar to your questions on here. Read on through. Remember to adjust what you read by date as many or most early teething problems have been addressed at factory for new builds.

Reactions: Okie

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Agree with VZX on the addition of the towing package, very subtle and does not detract from the looks of the F-Pace at all, in my opinion. One minor point, the Protection Package is not worth the money, there are better aftermarket mats/liners with more protection than what is offered by the OEM package, and likely at less cost. I am not sure where you live, but I added the Comfort and Convenience Package, as I like the cooled front seats and heated rears, as well as the gesture tailgate and having the remote rear seat release makes it a bit easier to load longer items without having to go around the vehicle to hit the release. You also get the rear seat recline with it, but maybe 2.5 inches of travel does not really mean reclining much.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've not needed a car for the past 6ish years while living in Manhattan, but my wife and I are moving to Pittsburgh shortly and the F Pace has thoroughly captured my attention.

Any advice is appreciated - from models & packages (technology upgrade worth it?) to additional deal points I should push for from the dealership (added maintenance? extended warranty?). Has anyone been successful with specific asks when ordering a new build through a dealer?

I've spec'd out the following build online - let me know if you think anything is superfluous. Thanks!

- 3.0L V6 380 HP Supercharged F-Pace S
- Glacier White w/ Sliding Panoramic, Black Roof Rails & 20" Blade 5 Spoke Wheels
- Black Package
- Infotainment Heads up Display
- Driver Assistance Package
- Technology Package
- Protection Package (cargo nets & liner)
You'll need to find a dealer to start hunting down that FP for you. Jaguar is no longer taking orders on 2017 vehicles and will not be taking orders on the 2018 mode year for another 4 to 6 weeks. Jaguars present offers end Jan 3rd. I am very curious to see what the new offers will be.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Definitely add the tow hitch. It is well worth it when you order but outrageously priced when done afterwards. I did get the activity key as more of a weekend thing here in fl

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Weeb...what part of moving to Pittsburgh did you not understand? ;) will weigh in later when not mobile.
Ya got me on that one, working and attending to the forum does cause me to overlook the obvious sometimes. That said, as I understand Pittsburgh, four seasons, so aside from me missing the location, what do you differ with when it comes to my recommendations?

·
Registered
521 Posts
You'll need to find a dealer to start hunting down that FP for you. Jaguar is no longer taking orders on 2017 vehicles and will not be taking orders on the 2018 mode year for another 4 to 6 weeks. Jaguars present offers end Jan 3rd. I am very curious to see what the new offers will be.
Actually, some dealers have up to several (6) 2017's that can be amended, but from what I was told, that will only last another week or two, before they are what they are and no more orders or changes to 2017's. I am wrestling with what to do regarding 2017 vs. 2018. So, OP has that decision to make too. I do not care about the whole ICTP situation, since I am fine with ICT, but hate to learn that the gas tank got bigger for 2018 after ordering a 2017! :)

OP, after you have explored many of the key threads, come back with your many questions. I am not an owner yet, but I have done my due diligence on this forum since around March.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ya got me on that one, working and attending to the forum does cause me to overlook the obvious sometimes. That said, as I understand Pittsburgh, four seasons, so aside from me missing the location, what do you differ with when it comes to my recommendations?
Weeb, I totally agree with you on the protection package being a waste of money. There are equal or better options out there for much less money. In Philly, we have about the same climate Pittsburgh has. I have the heated windshield on my Evoque and probably only use it twice a year. However, my vehicle is garaged at home. If not in a garage, I would definitely consider the heated windshield. There have been other posts about the lines being distracting, but I have never noticed them....the fact that EZ Pass sometimes did not work was a pain, but only when I was an Evoque rookie.

FWIW, I have grown to love Pittsburgh. I go there about 6 times a year for work and consider it the Eastern edge of the Midwest....nice people!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey bb mac ! I sincerely hope you don't put too much thought into changing your color choice , due to VZX-CO's "final thoughts" !!! I'm not going to say that one color is better then another color , they are all different and BEAUTIFUL in their own way ! However , in following with my recent tradition of disagreeing with VZX , I would have to say that IMO , the only colors that actually go *BA-ZING* *BAM* *CHECK ME OUT* and be "DARING" , as VZX put it , are *CAESIUM BLUE* *ITALIAN RACING RED* & *GLACIER WHITE* !!!
His BRG looks all sparkly and pazzazzy (As Long As the SUN is Shining On It) , but take away the SUN , and it is just another dark car ! ;) Sorry VZX , but it is what it is ! >:)
If anyone wants to disagree with me on the *Glacier White* , all I can say is , just checkout the photo that jdurhan just posted ! End of Discussion ! ;) THANKS jdurhan , GREAT SHOT !

P.S. I totally agree with everyone on the WT Floor Mats ! They are Worth Every Penny !

·
Registered
258 Posts
Actually, some dealers have up to several (6) 2017's that can be amended, but from what I was told, that will only last another week or two, before they are what they are and no more orders or changes to 2017's. I am wrestling with what to do regarding 2017 vs. 2018. So, OP has that decision to make too. I do not care about the whole ICTP situation, since I am fine with ICT, but hate to learn that the gas tank got bigger for 2018 after ordering a 2017! :)

OP, after you have explored many of the key threads, come back with your many questions. I am not an owner yet, but I have done my due diligence on this forum since around March.
I had a 6 week date to amend my 2nd 2017 F-Pace. The amend date was Jan 4th and wound up being Dec. 8th so the amend date for me was basically 2 weeks. The car, due in late March, is now due in the 1st or 2nd week of February. The good thing is by then the 2018 models should be available for order so I can change my mind and choose a 2018 model. But, and I have mentioned this before, my salesman told me at the time I ordered that the only way the 18 models would come out earlier than late August or early September would be if there was a significant price increase. He's been with Jaguar for 25 years so let's see if he knows what he is talking about. We will all find out soon. He's back from vacation tomorrow so I will give him a call.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all I concur on adding the tow hitch and dropping the protection package. The activity key I'm not sold on personally, but just might add for the resale later.

Have spent some more time exploring various threads and you are right - there are plenty of FP newb posts like mine - and plenty of corresponding great advice. That said I appreciate the quick feedback!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey bb mac ! I sincerely hope you don't put too much thought into changing your color choice , due to VZX-CO's "final thoughts" !!! I'm not going to say that one color is better then another color , they are all different and BEAUTIFUL in their own way ! However , in following with my recent tradition of disagreeing with VZX , I would have to say that IMO , the only colors that actually go *BA-ZING* *BAM* *CHECK ME OUT* and be "DARING" , as VZX put it , are *CAESIUM BLUE* *ITALIAN RACING RED* & *GLACIER WHITE* !!!
His BRG looks all sparkly and pazzazzy (As Long As the SUN is Shining On It) , but take away the SUN , and it is just another dark car ! ;) Sorry VZX , but it is what it is ! >:)
If anyone wants to disagree with me on the *Glacier White* , all I can say is , just checkout the photo that jdurhan just posted ! End of Discussion ! ;) THANKS jdurhan , GREAT SHOT !

P.S. I totally agree with everyone on the WT Floor Mats ! They are Worth Every Penny !
Thanks GRVR, I'm of the same mind. Since Caesium blue is off the table, and the racing red is just a bit too aggressive, I think the Glacier White is sleek and sexy. Strong but understated.

FWIW - my first car was a 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator (ok...Eliminator Clone) in that popping blue, with black hood scoop and stripes - so if the Caesium was available it might be a different story...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You've got great taste. Love mine, it's got everything you want. I was disappointed with
Protection package. Mats don't do much, I took them out and got weather tech mats. They provide much better protection and fit perfectly.
YES. This is perfection... This is likely a dumb question but how did you get the black accent on the side? Not exactly sure what its called but it sets off the profile of the vehicle soooooo nicely.

Thanks for the tip on WT mats. Will do...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks GRVR, I'm of the same mind. Since Caesium blue is off the table, and the racing red is just a bit too aggressive, I think the Glacier White is sleek and sexy. Strong but understated. .
but take away the SUN , and it is just another dark car ! ;)
Well, you all know how I feel about "Just another dark car.. " nothing combines class with sexy with aggression like that piano BLACK! Totally opinion, totally personal choice, of course.... but not just another dark car!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks GRVR, I'm of the same mind. Since Caesium blue is off the table, and the racing red is just a bit too aggressive, I think the Glacier White is sleek and sexy. Strong but understated.

FWIW - my first car was a 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator (ok...Eliminator Clone) in that popping blue, with black hood scoop and stripes - so if the Caesium was available it might be a different story...
*I know its unrelated but since I mentioned her I couldn't resist.... what can I say she was my first*

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, you all know how I feel about "Just another dark car.. " nothing combines class with sexy with aggression like that piano BLACK! Totally opinion, totally personal choice, of course.... but not just another dark car!

Undeniably gorgeous. I was torn between white and black originally but my wife tipped the scales to white, same on the blacked out rims, which I think are just a bit too aggressive for her.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
YES. This is perfection... This is likely a dumb question but how did you get the black accent on the side? Not exactly sure what its called but it sets off the profile of the vehicle soooooo nicely.

Thanks for the tip on WT mats. Will do...
Hey bb mac ! The Black Strip on the Door (Door Finisher) , is Gloss Black due to ordering the optional "Black Package" , otherwise it would have a Satin Chrome Finish ! The "Black Package" also makes the Rear Diffuser on the Rear Bumper BLACK , instead of Silver !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts