Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have vehicle one week. Some things to be aware of

1). Went thru carwash(brushless). Radio stopped for an hour.
2). This morning incontrol screen blank, no backup camera. Booted after 10 minutes. Sounds like Tata built in-control.
Will drop off for dealer check once I hit a thousand miles.

Anyone have same experience?

·
Registered
522 Posts

2). This morning incontrol screen blank, no backup camera. Booted after 10 minutes. Sounds like Tata built in-control.

OUCH. These are the kinds of things I will be monitoring to decide whether to get the Tech. package.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

No problems yet. I have over 200 miles on it now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I didn't choose the Tech pack for fear of a glitch like that when driving... suddenly your speedometer going out isn't all that fun. Hope they work out the bugs soon. In all honesty, we early adopters are their beta testers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't choose the Tech pack for fear of a glitch like that when driving... suddenly your speedometer going out isn't all that fun. Hope they work out the bugs soon. In all honesty, we early adopters are their beta testers.
I was fearful as well. One of the reviews I saw had a abnormal amount of reboots during the test drives. They will eventually make the cars pc or Mac and update the software regularly. Tesla seems to be ahead of the curve on this one.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Speedometer will be fine. It's completely different system from radio, gps and the rest of infotainment.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was fearful as well. One of the reviews I saw had a abnormal amount of reboots during the test drives. They will eventually make the cars pc or Mac and update the software regularly. Tesla seems to be ahead of the curve on this one.
FYI tesla is much worse. They will be gone by 2020

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tesla gone 2020? That seems highly unlikely but anything is possible. Jaguar was written off for dead 5-7 years ago and is alive and well. I love my model S and have had no issues at all to date. Just doesn't go far enough in a charge.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Seems to be quite a few "good ol' boys" here that don't like technology or change...

As if not being able to see your speedometer would cause you to crash your car. Despite the fact that the chances of it crashing during a drive are super low, I'm positive it would not impair your ability to navigate the road at a safe speed, possibly even more than once!

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
There might be software issues along the way but I would expect you will get recall notices if necessary or JLR will do upgrades when you bring your vehicle in for routine service.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
OUCH. These are the kinds of things I will be monitoring to decide whether to get the Tech. package.
The problems described can happen without the tech package. The rear view camera is standard on all vehicles except the base model and the radio well it's a radio. I am sure the tech package has nothing to do with what Vicslk described.

Fear not order it if you like the options offered in the package.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know InControl Touch Pro system is fairly new to Jaguar (just launched for MY2016). But am a little surprised. I thought the InControl Touch Pro was available on XF as well. Do you guys know if XF also has similar issues??

·
Registered
11 Posts
FYI tesla is much worse. They will be gone by 2020

You are probably correct. Someone will buy them by then to get a jump on the new generation of transportation.

I love my model S and drive it every chance I get. In over a year I've had no problems with it. It is hard not to believe it doesn't represent the future of transportation once you drive it for awhile - the driving experience is so superior to anything else (yes, even an F-Pace). The limitations regarding range and the high cost of the batteries are problems for now, but already both problems are diminishing every year. The regular, over-the-air software updates fix any problems such as those plaguing the In Control Pro system, plus periodically makes improvements and adds new features.

The big problem for us is that, unlike with some households, we would never want to make it our sole vehicle and give up the ability to occasionally drive 400 plus miles in a day with only occasional gas stops. And since we need more than one vehicle anyways, an SUV as a second vehicle makes sense for us (third vehicle actually, but a two-seat convertible is not really practical for anything). While the Tesla has a massive amount of cargo space it is still not quite as good as the F-Pace for hauling stuff to the dump, going to the building store, strapping sports equipment on the roof, or going up to a cottage, etc. And my wife generally likes sitting a little higher while driving (her sports car aside), so an SUV makes sense for her.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You are probably correct. Someone will buy them by then to get a jump on the new generation of transportation.

I love my model S and drive it every chance I get. In over a year I've had no problems with it. It is hard not to believe it doesn't represent the future of transportation once you drive it for awhile - the driving experience is so superior to anything else (yes, even an F-Pace). The limitations regarding range and the high cost of the batteries are problems for now, but already both problems are diminishing every year. The regular, over-the-air software updates fix any problems such as those plaguing the In Control Pro system, plus periodically makes improvements and adds new features.

The big problem for us is that, unlike with some households, we would never want to make it our sole vehicle and give up the ability to occasionally drive 400 plus miles in a day with only occasional gas stops. And since we need more than one vehicle anyways, an SUV as a second vehicle makes sense for us (third vehicle actually, but a two-seat convertible is not really practical for anything). While the Tesla has a massive amount of cargo space it is still not quite as good as the F-Pace for hauling stuff to the dump, going to the building store, strapping sports equipment on the roof, or going up to a cottage, etc. And my wife generally likes sitting a little higher while driving (her sports car aside), so an SUV makes sense for her.
Without veering too far off topic, Tesla's biggest problem now is demand far outweighs supply. Those who pre-ordered Model III (including a buddy of mine) basically just crowdsourced Tesla's R&D department in order to try to develop new technology that would allow them to deliver on these orders - 3 or 4 years from now at best. I read that there aren't enough known lithium reserves in the world in order to make the batteries required to fulfill the pre-orders for the Model III. So basically, they have to come up with a brand new battery technology, develop and test it, source the materials, and produce a working product in order to deliver on the promises they made to hundreds of thousands of people who dropped a deposit. That... could be a big problem for them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
3500 miles. Problems galore with radio freezing, screen freezing, connectivity issues as well. Been to Los Angles dealer once, waiting for them to get their computers updated. Getting a bit frustrated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
3500 miles. Problems galore with radio freezing, screen freezing, connectivity issues as well. Been to Los Angles dealer once, waiting for them to get their computers updated. Getting a bit frustrated.
All of us early purchasers have been there. Fortunately my problems were not as bad as most. However this latest update has resolved all of the issues so far. It has even resolved the "heart attack" phone ring. I have been very happy so far.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone experienced going into reverse and only being able to see the parking sensors?

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
Has anyone experienced going into reverse and only being able to see the parking sensors?
I occasionally have the opposite in reverse, I get two windows (rear view and 360 camera) in reverse but not the parking sensor one though sensors still active because I get beeped at.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ugh. Yes. But it only happens when I am backing into a very tight space and there is a line of cars waiting for me to get in the space so they can drive by. But when I am backing into a space the size of Texas, every camera imaginable appears on the display.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts