Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The ride quality below 10-15 MPH is the worst of any daily driver I’ve owned-especially when driving over speed bumps and the car does the bobble head bounce. Lowering the tire pressure and a full tank of gas doesn’t do much if anything to improve the ride. It seems doubtful putting ballast in the cargo area would help.
As a recent 2019 F-Pace driver I completely agree. Took the vehicle back to the dealer for a test drive - nearly bounced the mechanic out the window like "night at the Roxbury" lol They stated that's the way the car was designed. The Adaptive damping simply is awful!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You mean you notice a difference between having 34lbs or pressure in your tires and when you have more than 34lbs of pressure, since the normal load versus light load makes literally no changes to the car? ?
A tire, and the pressure in it, is part of your suspension.

As an owner of a 2023 F Pace SVR,I think it rides fantastic... for what it is...a PERFORMANCE SUV.

It is not a "luxury" ride, nor is it designed to be.

Anyone who complains that the ride of this vehicle is too harsh needs to re-evaluate if this is the correct vehicle for their wants and needs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2004 VW Phaeton and went from 255x45x18 to 275x40x19. The new tires increased the diameter by about 8 tenths of an inch. It gave a similar ride to the 18's even though it's now got 19" wheels. No clearance issues with the suspension, better accuracy on the speedometer and it closed up some of the tire to fender "gap" while providing a little more road clearance too. So, if it fits, go up a tire sidewall size. It should improve the ride.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The F-Pace suspension is definitely stiff. I, personally, don't mind it, but I came from an Acura TL-S that was also tight. And, my main alternative is the F-Type (which is actually a bit better).

I did lower the tire pressure on the F-Pace to the light load range and felt it helps. As a note to others, based on some of the earlier posts: it's not the indicator on the instrument panel that makes the ride difference, it's the actual pressure in the tires. Setting the controls for light load just adjusts the tire pressure monitoring system to alert you when the car is below the reduced load level.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts