Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post on this forum so please bear with me...

So I have been playing for most of the day with trying to get the car to play various types of video media types from a 64Gb (FAT32) USB v3.0 memory stick. No joy with any format. The Media menu in the display sees the USB fine as a source but complains it cannot detect any playable 'audio'?? and there the fun ends...
I've tried various sizes of MP4, MPG, AVI, DivX and it doesn't like any.

I have a new, April 2020 R-Sport with ICTP/Meridian CD/DVD option. I would hope I have the latest, or very recent version of ICTP firmware - not sure how to check, but the official Jaguar website page says under the Media format section some of these formats are supported.

Have a missed a crucial step here?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Try using 32 GB thumb drive, If it works,then you may need to partition your 64 GB drive to work.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Try using 32 GB thumb drive, If it works,then you may need to partition your 64 GB drive to work.

Will only play audio.No video.If mp4 needs to convert to mp3 .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will only play audio.No video.If mp4 needs to convert to mp3 .
thanks for the reply, I’m a bit disappointed by the answer though :cry: as it appears it should work...
the Jaguar support website shows the following :

Would love to know if anyone has actually managed to crack this nut ;)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Also, do the video files have DRM that the system can't deal with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can we assume that you have the engine running and are in Park. As video will not work while the car is moving.
Yes, 100% stationary and in park. DVDs play fine, mp3 (all audio files) play just fine from the USB, just no video files.
I’ve tried most formats, resolutions and file sizes, nothing plays.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, do the video files have DRM that the system can't deal with?
I’ll check the DRM on the files, but some of the tests I’ve done are films shot on my own iPhone as .MOV which I’ve converted to DivX as a test so should have no rights management in them. It’s just odd that the media menu reports ‘no playable audio files’ when I only have video files on the USB stick.

·
Registered
328 Posts
MP4's should work fine. They work for me. HOWEVER... You have to ensure you bring up the proper menu selection. IF you attempt to browse for a video file through a standard audio file folder search, videos will not work. You must select Video (or Videos) and play videos that way. I can take a screen shot in a little bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A screenshot would really help, I don’t remember seeing a specific ‘video’ menu anywhere, just a standard ‘media’ menus to allow you to choose a souce. This is where it all goes wrong for me ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts

Screenshot showing the "Videos" option.

To bring it up, try this:
  1. Switch source to your USB drive ("32GB" is the name of mine).
  2. Press the 3 dots (see lower right corner of the attached photo).
  3. You'll see a "Videos" menu option as shown in the photo. Press that option and you should see your videos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 72425

Screenshot showing the "Videos" option.

To bring it up, try this:
  1. Switch source to your USB drive ("32GB" is the name of mine).
  2. Press the 3 dots (see lower right corner of the attached photo).
  3. You'll see a "Videos" menu option as shown in the photo. Press that option and you should see your videos.
You are a legend, worked perfectly. Than you so much!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts