Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Something very interesting I found by accident, and not sure if it is well known or not. On the ICTP home screen where you have the four main tiles to choose between (Radio, Phone, Climate and Navigation) there are four mini shortcuts inside of the four larger rectangles.

For those of you looking for an audio mute button on the steering wheel I have found the next best thing, the little volume symbol inside of the rectangle (second picture) is a mute button... so you touch the little volume symbol square and it will mute.

If you do not feel like pressing the actual seat button below the infotainment screen inside of the climate rectangle is a little seat square (third picture), press that and it will automatically take you to the seat climate control screen

The phone rectangle shortcut shows a little infinity type symbol (picture 2), and asks you to set up a voicemail number or something like that, not that useful.

The navigation rectangle has a little flag symbol inside of it, and pressing that takes you directly to the online search feature (third picture).

Not all of my posts bring knowledge to others so I like to add just a little bit every now and again ;)
Hope this helps some out there, I particularly found the Nav shortcut and Mute button shortcut very useful

Attachments

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Not on my ITC Screen..but thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey Jman , I'm not quite sure this could be consider a *HACK* , when they put the "mini-shortcut icons" right on the screen in front of your face !!! ;)
That being said , it took you long enough to actually find them !!! :laugh:
Now , I would also like to point out , just in case nobody noticed , that the background picture in the *Radio* tile is supposed to look like a an old fashion radio dial ! And the one in the *Phone* tile is an actual Phone Booth ! And the one in the *Navigation* tile is a Roadway ! And the one in the *Climate* tile is the Sky ! That was a pretty good idea of Jags for those of us who prefer pictures instead of words !!! :D
I don't know if this information helps anyone or not , but if so , you're quite welcome !!! 0:)

P.S. Did you see that DPK has *ITC* instead of *ICT* ??? I wonder if he uses that program so that he can get *IN-TOUCH* with his inner self , so he can *CONTROL* his emotions ??? >:)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
P.S. Did you see that DPK has *ITC* instead of *ICT* ??? I wonder if he uses that program so that he can get *IN-TOUCH* with his inner self , so he can *CONTROL* his emotions ??? >:)

You really need to get a life, besides always finding fault with everyone else, except yourself..Go look in the mirror, I know, it's a pathetic looking thing..

Now don't you have an OVER PRICED Tonka Toy you can go play with, or get stuck in a ditch?

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
You really need to get a life, besides always finding fault with everyone else, except yourself..Go look in the mirror, I know, it's a pathetic looking thing..

Now don't you have an OVER PRICED Tonka Toy you can go play with, or get stuck in a ditch?
Are you kidding , I have a GREAT LIFE !!! ;)
I wasn't "finding fault" with what you posted , I just thought that maybe you had a program that no one else had ! And from the tone you are putting off in this post , I think you should go use that program right now !
Go get IN-TOUCH , and CONTROL yourself !!! >:)

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
So.....for everyone who has been b*thching about lack of mute button for a year there is one and it's been in front of us the whole time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
So.....for everyone who has been b*thching about lack of mute button for a year there is one and it's been in front of us the whole time.

Thanks!
As I said, NOT ON MINE..so I will continue to b1tch about not having a MUTE button ANYWHERE.;)

Reactions: MTGRL and VZX-CO

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
As I said, NOT ON MINE..so I will continue to b1tch about not having a MUTE button ANYWHERE.;)
As I have said many times before , "There are the *HAVES* and the *HAVE NOTS* ! ;)
I also have said many times before , "Everyone wants to PLAY , but some don't want to PAY" ! :)
And for the first time , I will say , "If you want the MUTE , cough up some LOOT" ! >:)

P.S. Oh' , I almost forgot , here's one just for you !

Attachments

Reactions: ILoopThem

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Not only that, seems for some folks it's near impossible to say "Audio Off".
I wish I had that option at the very least..." No Voice command options for that" on mine..:(

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Something very interesting I found by accident, and not sure if it is well known or not. On the ICTP home screen where you have the four main tiles to choose between (Radio, Phone, Climate and Navigation) there are four mini shortcuts inside of the four larger rectangles.

For those of you looking for an audio mute button on the steering wheel I have found the next best thing, the little volume symbol inside of the rectangle (second picture) is a mute button... so you touch the little volume symbol square and it will mute.

If you do not feel like pressing the actual seat button below the infotainment screen inside of the climate rectangle is a little seat square (third picture), press that and it will automatically take you to the seat climate control screen

The phone rectangle shortcut shows a little infinity type symbol (picture 2), and asks you to set up a voicemail number or something like that, not that useful.

The navigation rectangle has a little flag symbol inside of it, and pressing that takes you directly to the online search feature (third picture).

Not all of my posts bring knowledge to others so I like to add just a little bit every now and again ;)
Hope this helps some out there, I particularly found the Nav shortcut and Mute button shortcut very useful
Use these quite frequently.

Another option is when you have an active route in navigation the flag will have a red line through it. Pressing it will cancel the current route.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Use these quite frequently.

Another option is when you have an active route in navigation the flag will have a red line through it. Pressing it will cancel the current route.
Hey Gorgon , I was going to point out earlier that I noticed YOU had posted about the *MUTE* button in the Audio Window back on March 11th , but I was trying to let Jman enjoy his moment for a little while !!! ;)

Reactions: VZX-CO and Gorgon

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I just use the mute button on my steering wheel :p the buttons on the screen are for the kids to play with, too much technology for me :)

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not only that, seems for some folks it's near impossible to say "Audio Off".
What if the music is up loud enough that the system can't hear you say "audio off?" Or does it cut off as soon as you hit that button?

·
Registered
585 Posts
What if the music is up loud enough that the system can't hear you say "audio off?" Or does it cut off as soon as you hit that button?
Sound is muted as soon as you hit the "Voice" button on the steering wheel, awaiting your command. Try it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Gorgon , I was going to point out earlier that I noticed YOU had posted about the *MUTE* button in the Audio Window back on March 11th , but I was trying to let Jman enjoy his moment for a little while !!! ;)
WHAT?! My moment has been ruined... :crying:
Haha I never saw it so please forgive me haha

Reactions: Gorgon and GRVR

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
WHAT?! My moment has been ruined... :crying:
Haha I never saw it so please forgive me haha
You did good Jman !!! Gorgon didn't take the time to post the explanatory photos like you did !!! ;)
So , ENJOY your moment , as there could be quite a few people on here that find this very informative !!!
Job Well Done Jman , Job Well Done Indeed !!! :)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
4 Posts
So , ENJOY your moment , as there could be quite a few people on here that find this very informative !!!
Job Well Done Jman , Job Well Done Indeed !!! :)
Have you guys thought about renaming the thread for future searches? Something more like ICTP Shortcuts or Accelerators or the like? Just seems like a more clear topic heading than "hacks".

As an ICTP shortcuts thread, I would add something I just found that was probably obvious to so many already. When on one of the four main function screens and you hit that functions bottom menu button again you get different quick functionality.

When on Audio screen and then hit the bottom Audio button again, the source list appears

When on Nav screen and then hit the bottom Nav button again, you get the Nav entry choice screen

Etc...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts