Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or does everyone jump through the sunroof when the phone ringer goes off. The volume is horrifically loud. Because it is tied to the call volume, it cannot be turned down with the volume knob. The service department at Jag thought it might be tied to the phone's ringer volume. I turned the phone to 5% ringer volume. I was hoping the Dec 16 software update was going to fix this, but it did not. Does anyone have a fix????

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is it just me, or does everyone jump through the sunroof when the phone ringer goes off. The volume is horrifically loud. Because it is tied to the call volume, it cannot be turned down with the volume knob. The service department at Jag thought it might be tied to the phone's ringer volume. I turned the phone to 5% ringer volume. I was hoping the Dec 16 software update was going to fix this, but it did not. Does anyone have a fix????
This issue has many posts. It seems to work fine with iphone but I have to assume you have an Android. It is almost impossible to hear the person on the other end so you raise the call volume but there is no way to lower the ringer volume independently . They are connected and the phone has nothing to do with it. I have had conversations with my dealer and corporate on this and there is no fix in sight. I don't even bother to use my bluetooth anymore for fear of a heart attack when it rings. One forum post referred to it as sounding like a nuclear siren.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
154 Posts
According to the SA at my dealership, a fix for this is coming in January.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought. Yes, android phone. When the ringer goes off, I swear the interior trim is shaking out of the car. Twice I almost got into an accident because of it, it is that jarring.

·
Registered
99 Posts
According to the SA at my dealership, a fix for this is coming in January.
According to my dealer, it is not even on their radar to correct.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Let's pray that mine is right. My ears can't handle being wrong much longer. (I no longer connect, either. The ringer is deafening)

Reactions: RJurman1

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I don't have this problem with my *Flip Phone* when it rings !!! >:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone know if a S/W fix for this is available. I had some guests in the car yesterday when it started ringing. The immediate response was "What the F*&^ is that?!!" When I told them (all of them are automotive electronics engineers) how it was even tied to the phone volume all they could do was laugh at the Jag engineers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts